“Oui, we liked the food”
Review of Le Soleil

Le Soleil
Ranked #16 of 782 Restaurants in Cusco
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Le Soleil is the first restaurant gourmet French food in the city of Cusco. Proposes true flavors and wines of French culture, the only place where you can taste the classics of this kitchen, for example, rillettes, confit de canard, creme brulee. Offers an exclusive menu prepared only with fresh products according to market dishes available. In the space bar you can taste wine by the glass even the excellent French wines. The restaurant is open for all age groups and is also available for private events such as: Weddings, cocktails.
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Yes, we enjoyed the food here and attention by the host. Definitely a fine meal by Cusco standards. However, I have to agree with some of the reviews regarding the ambience and decor. A tweaking of the interior decor- perhaps a wall of glass-encased wine collection, a dimmer and well-placed interior lighting, a not so literal interpretation of Paris with a Pont Neuf wallpaper, and a new set of furniture can elevate the ambience of the restaurant to the level of the food that they serve. This interior issue has to be addressed to compensate its nondescript entrance that is almost a hole in the wall in a small alley of Cusco.

1  Thank ebbtide123
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear ebbtide123,

Many thanks for choosing le Soleil and many thanks for your review and your suggestions, which I noted very carefully. I am glad that you liked our food and our attention and you judge us as fine meal in Cusco.
Please allow me not agreeing with you concerning the decor: my personal style is appreciated by many visitors and I will never please everybody. The wall photo (especially made for us by a Parisian photographer) represents my beloved Alexander III Bridge. Sorry I did not understand what you mean by "a hole in the wall in a small alley of Cusco": do you talk about our colonial 17th century stone entrance which is classified by UNESCO.
I wish I was there to tell you more about it; maybe next time.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I couldn't believe that you could get fine French food in the middle of Peru, but after weeks of potatoes and tough beef, this was divine! We had the 5 course tasting menu, accompanied by a bottle of French Cabernet. Every course was delicious and unique. Service was impeccable. They explained each course well, and then cleared fairly quickly, but we never felt rushed.

For an elegant experience, treat yourself to dinner here.

Dear stork90,

We are very happy to read you great comment and I would like to thank you for having dinner in my restaurant. As you say, le Soleil is an alternative to nice Peruvian food after some time spent in this beautiful country.
Thank you for considering our food delicious and unique and our service impeccable.
I hope your nice review will help other TA readers to come and try le Soleil.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

We were eating all over Peru, we were excited that we can eat something different one night. We went walking, our hotel was a block away. We were there at 7:00 PM. The place was empty, the whole place was for us. The service was very good, the place is kind of boring and not a sense of decoration. Food was decent, not the best.

marcinart, Propietario at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear experto11,

Thank you for your visit and thank you for your comment. I am happy that you "were eating all over Peru" and you "were early to have whole restaurant for you".
Sorry that you found the place "boring with not a sense of decoration"; very often our guests say warm intimate elegancy. Sorry the food for you was only "decent, not the best". Maybe one day you come to Cusco and we will have a chance to serve you again and fulfill your expectations.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Nice french restaurants, main dishes are quite big, so don't be tempted to order too many plates. During our stay we were the only people there, which was quite strange in my opinion.

marcinart, Propietario at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear idansc,

Thank you for your visit and thank you for your comment: we are very happy that you consider us as a good restaurant. As I mention before, eating early at dinner or having lunch means that there will be not many people, so if you prefer crowd I suggest to come later; we are in a very turistic town so the restaurant can be empty or full and this is how it is working.
I hope your stay in Peru is great.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is close to hotel I stayed (casa andina Koricancha), you must go a reservation first. I recommend have a light lunch so you can go at dinner enjoy a bottle of wine with the food.

I loved the light cream with is in the picture with this review, it's a must. Usually I put some black pepper at my cream,s soups, salads and other dishes, I recommend to the restaurant to buy a better pepper. The other dish I like and recommend is the octopus.

The waiter are really careful and attentive with your table, dishes and silverware. The place is really quiet, fancy and clean.

marcinart, Propietario at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear aissa f,

Thank you very much for your visit and thank you for your enthusiastic review. I am glad you liked our food and service. Thank you as well for your photos.
We are trying from Paris Damascus Pepper which is considered as one of the best in the world but I will be so happy to get any better data if you have any, so I can find it.
We do hope to see you again soon in Cusco or in Lima.