“Go for it.”

Ranked #41 of 834 Restaurants in Cusco
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Le Soleil is the first restaurant gourmet French food in the city of Cusco. Proposes true flavors and wines of French culture, the only place where you can taste the classics of this kitchen, for example, rillettes, confit de canard, creme brulee. Offers an exclusive menu prepared only with fresh products according to market dishes available. In the space bar you can taste wine by the glass even the excellent French wines. The restaurant is open for all age groups and is also available for private events such as: Weddings, cocktails.
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Food was really good and the service was top notch, they were attentive to the little details and at times that is all you need to make it special given the food is anyway good. I would surely recommend.

marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Dear Thadanim,

Thank you for your visit: it was a great pleasure to serve you. Thank you as well for this nice comment: we are very happy that you enjoyed not only the food but our service too.
Merci for your reommendation: we hope to see you again one day.
Have a great trip back to Hong Kong.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

Yes, we enjoyed the food here and attention by the host. Definitely a fine meal by Cusco standards. However, I have to agree with some of the reviews regarding the ambience and decor. A tweaking of the interior decor- perhaps a wall of glass-encased wine collection, a dimmer and well-placed interior lighting, a not so literal interpretation of Paris with a Pont Neuf wallpaper, and a new set of furniture can elevate the ambience of the restaurant to the level of the food that they serve. This interior issue has to be addressed to compensate its nondescript entrance that is almost a hole in the wall in a small alley of Cusco.

1  Thank ebbtide123
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Dear ebbtide123,

Many thanks for choosing le Soleil and many thanks for your review and your suggestions, which I noted very carefully. I am glad that you liked our food and our attention and you judge us as fine meal in Cusco.
Please allow me not agreeing with you concerning the decor: my personal style is appreciated by many visitors and I will never please everybody. The wall photo (especially made for us by a Parisian photographer) represents my beloved Alexander III Bridge. Sorry I did not understand what you mean by "a hole in the wall in a small alley of Cusco": do you talk about our colonial 17th century stone entrance which is classified by UNESCO.
I wish I was there to tell you more about it; maybe next time.

Reviewed October 29, 2017

I couldn't believe that you could get fine French food in the middle of Peru, but after weeks of potatoes and tough beef, this was divine! We had the 5 course tasting menu, accompanied by a bottle of French Cabernet. Every course was delicious and unique. Service was impeccable. They explained each course well, and then cleared fairly quickly, but we never felt rushed.

For an elegant experience, treat yourself to dinner here.

Dear stork90,

We are very happy to read you great comment and I would like to thank you for having dinner in my restaurant. As you say, le Soleil is an alternative to nice Peruvian food after some time spent in this beautiful country.
Thank you for considering our food delicious and unique and our service impeccable.
I hope your nice review will help other TA readers to come and try le Soleil.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

We were eating all over Peru, we were excited that we can eat something different one night. We went walking, our hotel was a block away. We were there at 7:00 PM. The place was empty, the whole place was for us. The service was very good, the place is kind of boring and not a sense of decoration. Food was decent, not the best.

marcinart, Propietario at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

Dear experto11,

Thank you for your visit and thank you for your comment. I am happy that you "were eating all over Peru" and you "were early to have whole restaurant for you".
Sorry that you found the place "boring with not a sense of decoration"; very often our guests say warm intimate elegancy. Sorry the food for you was only "decent, not the best". Maybe one day you come to Cusco and we will have a chance to serve you again and fulfill your expectations.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

Nice french restaurants, main dishes are quite big, so don't be tempted to order too many plates. During our stay we were the only people there, which was quite strange in my opinion.

marcinart, Propietario at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear idansc,

Thank you for your visit and thank you for your comment: we are very happy that you consider us as a good restaurant. As I mention before, eating early at dinner or having lunch means that there will be not many people, so if you prefer crowd I suggest to come later; we are in a very turistic town so the restaurant can be empty or full and this is how it is working.
I hope your stay in Peru is great.