“FRENCH CUISINE IN CUSCO”
Review of Le Soleil

Le Soleil
Ranked #41 of 833 Restaurants in Cusco
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Le Soleil is the first restaurant gourmet French food in the city of Cusco. Proposes true flavors and wines of French culture, the only place where you can taste the classics of this kitchen, for example, rillettes, confit de canard, creme brulee. Offers an exclusive menu prepared only with fresh products according to market dishes available. In the space bar you can taste wine by the glass even the excellent French wines. The restaurant is open for all age groups and is also available for private events such as: Weddings, cocktails.
Reviewed November 16, 2017

the Peruvian food combined with the French one gives a surprising result, full of colors and flavors for the delight of good eaters. Silent and very cozy restaurant.

1  Thank tyleorc
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Dear tyleorc,

Thank you for visiting le Soleil during your stay in Cusco: we were very happy to serve you and we are happy to read your comment. I am glad that you enjoyed our French cuisine and you liked the decor and the ambiance of our restaurant.

Enjoy your stay in Peru!

Reviewed November 15, 2017

Delicious! Made a point to eat here twice on our way to and from Cusco. Super tasty, healthy food. Also, some of the best service I've experienced in Peru (or anywhere) Even made me fresh almond milk!

1  Thank FairouzLebnan
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Dear Fairouz,

Thank you for your two visits and thank you for this great review: we are so proud that you enjoyed so much our food and service. This is our goal to please our customers and we are happy that in your case we succeded.
Please enjoy your trip back home and visit us if you pass by Cusco or Lima again.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Food was really good and the service was top notch, they were attentive to the little details and at times that is all you need to make it special given the food is anyway good. I would surely recommend.

marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Dear Thadanim,

Thank you for your visit: it was a great pleasure to serve you. Thank you as well for this nice comment: we are very happy that you enjoyed not only the food but our service too.
Merci for your reommendation: we hope to see you again one day.
Have a great trip back to Hong Kong.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

Yes, we enjoyed the food here and attention by the host. Definitely a fine meal by Cusco standards. However, I have to agree with some of the reviews regarding the ambience and decor. A tweaking of the interior decor- perhaps a wall of glass-encased wine collection, a dimmer and well-placed interior lighting, a not so literal interpretation of Paris with a Pont Neuf wallpaper, and a new set of furniture can elevate the ambience of the restaurant to the level of the food that they serve. This interior issue has to be addressed to compensate its nondescript entrance that is almost a hole in the wall in a small alley of Cusco.

1  Thank ebbtide123
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Dear ebbtide123,

Many thanks for choosing le Soleil and many thanks for your review and your suggestions, which I noted very carefully. I am glad that you liked our food and our attention and you judge us as fine meal in Cusco.
Please allow me not agreeing with you concerning the decor: my personal style is appreciated by many visitors and I will never please everybody. The wall photo (especially made for us by a Parisian photographer) represents my beloved Alexander III Bridge. Sorry I did not understand what you mean by "a hole in the wall in a small alley of Cusco": do you talk about our colonial 17th century stone entrance which is classified by UNESCO.
I wish I was there to tell you more about it; maybe next time.

Reviewed October 29, 2017

I couldn't believe that you could get fine French food in the middle of Peru, but after weeks of potatoes and tough beef, this was divine! We had the 5 course tasting menu, accompanied by a bottle of French Cabernet. Every course was delicious and unique. Service was impeccable. They explained each course well, and then cleared fairly quickly, but we never felt rushed.

For an elegant experience, treat yourself to dinner here.

Dear stork90,

We are very happy to read you great comment and I would like to thank you for having dinner in my restaurant. As you say, le Soleil is an alternative to nice Peruvian food after some time spent in this beautiful country.
Thank you for considering our food delicious and unique and our service impeccable.
I hope your nice review will help other TA readers to come and try le Soleil.

Warm regards,