“Best food period in cusco”
Review of Prana Raw Food Bar

Prana Raw Food Bar
Ranked #411 of 862 Restaurants in Cusco
Description: Temporarily closed. Sorry, Prana will be closed until the rainy season is over!
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I visited this place for lunch twice. The first time I had the falafel (I think the menu changes regularly). It didn't look like much but was not only beautifully presented and delicious but filling as well. I also had the frozen pie. I love raw food desserts but most of the time i've had them, they are just too big and rich. This pie was perfect delicious but not too heavy or rich. The second time I had the soup. I wanted something different but when the owner reeled off the ingredients I thought I t sounded like vegetable juice. It wasn't. It was an explosion of perfectly orchestrated flavours. This time I had the brownie - not too rich but the perfect end to my meal.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

As vegans travelling in South America sometimes we long for the variety of ingredients that we're lucky to have at our fingertips in London. So visiting Prana yesterday was just gorgeous. The menu is all vegan and organic, live/raw food, with each dish chock-full of different tastes and textures. There were 2 starters (guacamole and carrot soup) about 5 mains (inc. giant salad, tacos, sushi, pasta) and 4 desserts (fruit mouse, choc mouse, brownie and pie) plus lots of fruit and superfood smoothies. We went for the zucchini pasta with nut pesto including optional garlic and added tomato (or you can have neopolitan sauce with nut parmesan), and the dried seed tacos with guacamole, almond cheese and mixed salad (leaves, broccolli, cherry tomatoes, sesame seeds, baby carrots, cucumber, lime dressing). The pasta was light and refreshing, though the tacos were spectacular (love live nut cheese). For dessert we plumped for the brownie and pie. The first was frozen fruit middle like a tropical fruit sorbet, with a dark crunchy crust that tasted of almonds, cocoa and sesame seeds, drizzled with passionfruit plus a dab of nut butter on the side (mmm, just remembering it makes me wish I had another one in front of me). The brownie was similar to the pie crust ingredients but softer with added raisin sweetness, which the owner (Pedro) served with a custard-fruit custard (unmissable, so very, very tasty). If I'm going on a bit, it's only to demonstrate just how much variety there was, which has been so lacking in our travelling diet of bread and jam, soya burgers and rice with veg. I felt that the meals had been chosen with real care for combining tastes, so that the food was delicious, not just healthy.
During our stay we chatted to Pedro about ingredients (he has an organic supplier that delivers regularly), being vegan in Peru (easier than you might think) and talked us through the meals as he prepenvironmental considerations.
ared them (in no time at all).
The food was not cheap for Peru, but a bargain to us in terms of quality and vegan choice (around 15 soles for mains, 10-11 for desserts). There was also a variety of organic seeds, nuts, nut and cocoa butters, dried fruit, chocolates and powders for sale, which were tempting but out of our budget as we're saving our money for a return meal before we leave Cusco.
If you have a veg/vegan/raw diet, or even if you don't, go here and satisfy your taste-buds and your body/mind/soul at the same time. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

As a 21 yr old vegan female from Aus it is very hard finding places to eat in Peru and this place is no exception. The owner is so welcoming and gave me a few extra treats to take to macchu picchu with me. This is the only place I ate all day beginning with the best green smoothie...topped with goji berries...it tasted exceptional you wouldn't even know it was so good for you! I also had the tacos which was so filling and yum. Later on I tried a delicious dessert made on the spot along with a fresh green juice with added beetroot. Nutrition is so important when travelling and my body will truly thank me after this. Can't wait to bring dad back here in a few days! Also note- this place is in a little street off the main square and hidden away so just ask the locals when you are close.

1  Thank Katie T
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I ate at Prana for lunch every day I stayed in Cusco and a couple of dinners as well. Pedro & Cynthia took such great care of me and my son. After a couple of times visiting, they felt like family. Pedro is extremely knowledgeable and interesting to talk to as well as Cynthia who I easily fell in love with!!!! I was determined to leave Peru without stomach issues and even though the food was organic etc., Cynthia understood me and peeled all of my veggies and made sure it was done so that I could feel comfortable and happy eating there. They use filtered and spring water so you can feel confident as a tourist eating here. The food was very delicious and the combinations very creative. I loved the tacos made on chia seed crackers with cashew paste, cucumbers, avocado, tomatoes, carrots and spices!!!! YUMMMMMM. I can highly recommend this restaurant without hesitation. If you visit Cusco,eat at Prana!!!!!!!

Reviewed May 2, 2012

What a find in busy Cusco with its hundreds of food outlet catering to the droves of tourists. Pedro and his wife have literally brought something fresh and raw to Cusco catering to an ever growing population of health conscious travellers. Their smoothies are deliciously packed with superfoods that give you a real boost. Meals are creative and almost look too good to eat. They're a fairly new restaurant and the menu is still compact but I suspect they'll be lots more to come. Great place to pick up trail mixes, dried fruit and nut butters for the Inca trail is that's on your list.