“Lovely hotel!!!”

Ranked #41 of 162 Hotels in Cusco
Charleston, South Carolina
“Lovely hotel!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed in this hotel on July and got it for a very good price, the hotel is really cozy, clean and just lovely, the white stone style walls are soo cool, the hotel staff are very friendly and offer good customer service, the waiters at breakfast time were the kindest and friendly waiters I have ever seen in my life, the doormen are very nice and friendly and will always give you a good piece of advice to get around Cusco, receptionists were good too. Breakfast was out of this world, soo many yummy food to choose from. The room we got was beautiful with a stunning view of Cusco during the day and even more stunning at night. Nice hot shower a bit noisy when you are using it but I think It's part of the system to use to get hot water, it wasn't a problem tho. Very warm room,the hotel is very well located 5 minutes walk to the center which is great. I can't wait to come back to Cusco and I can NOT wait to stay in this hotel again. I really love this hotel, I would recommed this hotel 100%.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brookycookie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed at the San Agustin International Hotel with my spouse and brother and his wife as part of a Gate 1 tour of Peru in August. This hotel had a good check in process, nice lobby and large dining area with a bar. The room was fairly small, but very clean and contained modern furniture. The breakfast buffet was very good and contained a variety of cereals, breads, fruits, vegetables, etc. We did not have any other meals at the hotel and cannot comment on the food. There were two computers in the lobby area and the internet access was good. The location was excellent, only a few blocks to the main square in Cusco. There was usaually a doorman posted at the main entrance. The main square in Cusco is excellent and definately worth a visit for shopping, restuaruants, and cultural activities. Overall a very good hotel experience and I would recommend this hotel to any travelers to Cusco.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JenniferJK
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

The San Agustin chain of hotels provides good accommodation in all their locations (I've stayed in a few). This one was a 5 min walk to the main square and while on a busy street corner I didn't notice any noise.

Room was spacious, clean and cute and a/c worked very well.

I only had the breakfast buffet in the mornings as it was included in my rate and it was very, very good. Tons of selection.

Front desk was very friendly and spoke English.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Angela F
Brasil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

The locatin is excelent! Near everything! Good restaurants and historical places. Rooms are good and service is fine. The big problem is the noise in the street - and, as a result, índice the rooms - at friday and saturday nights. It's really unbeliaveble the noise cars and people partying outside can make!

• Stayed May 2011
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

Stayed here with my mom and sister for 4 days and it was a very pleasant stay.
The beds were fantastic with local covers that kept you warm esp. since it's
winter time in June and the altitude is over 10,000 feet. We had a heater that
provided some heat, but my mom kept it on her side of the room.
The room was very spacious with 2 single beds and one queen size bed. We always
had plenty of room and never felt cramped.
We were also lucky to be located towards the center of the hotel so we didn't hear
much of the street traffic and there is considerable traffic in Cusco, since most of
the streets near the main plaza are narrow and one way.
The room service was wonderful as well and even though I didn't eat any of the breakfast, my mom and sister mentioned that it was good. They always had plenty
of hot mate tea, which I came to enjoy very much.
The price was very reasonable as well. The only con was waiting for about an hour
to get our room key when we arrived. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Escazu, Costa Rica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed on a family trip - two rooms, one for adults and one for children. The rooms are nothing fancy, but they are adequate. The location is right in the heart of old Cusco - which means there is a little bit of taxi noise at all hours, but is great for walking the city. (Try the pizza place right across the street.)

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

Stayed here with my husband and 6 other family members as part of a Gate 1 Tour. The location was great, just blocks away from downtown Cusco and near lots of shops and restaurants. Also right next door to the Cultural Center which you can visit for free.

We had a nice room off the main drag on the 2nd floor. I have to admit I was a little nervous after reading the reviews of noisy hallways and no breakfast. The tiled hallways did not seem to be an issue but as we were in the front of the hotel, we could hear the street noise and I think karaoke happening across the street. My mom's room was in the back and very quiet.

The room was decent sized, clean, and comfortable. The bathroom was good. We had a nice view out our window of the Cultural Center and watched the alapacs and vicuna roam all day and night.

The lobby was spacious and they had coca tea out. There is a small room with 2 computers for internet. The restaurant is decent sized but I agree, understaffed. Breakfast was average with hot and cold items and yes, they ran out of stuff but would replenish it when they could. We never left hungry!

The front desk was friendly but average service. We had them call a restaurant to see if they were open and they said yes and that we did not need reservations. We showed up only to be told if we didn't have a reservation it was an hour and a half wait. :-( Also some of my family had requested a reservation for another restaurant be made at 7:30 but they messed up and made it for 6:30. They did call us cabs (as a large group we always needed two) and that went fine.

At one point, our tour leader from Gate 1 said someone would come to pick up laundry and that it was cheaper than at the hotel. We mistakenly thought it was what some other reviewers had mentioned for laundry and brought down our stuff. We thought it would run around 10 soles ($3) maybe more b/c 3 of us shared a bag but when it came back it was 36 soles ($12) so we felt ripped off since we didn't actually need to do laundry.

We very much enjoyed our time in Cusco and the prime location of the hotel. Perhaps request a room in the back and go early for breakfast and you will have a great time!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family