“Amazing value for the price”

Hotel Casona les Pleiades
Ranked #5 of 390 Cusco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Lovely place to stay. Friendly Staff. Good Location. Breakfast Included. Great Price. What more can you ask for? Every minute of the day, there's someone cleaning...the place is spotless. I highly recommend this hotel for two night stay to acclimatize yourself with the altitude prior to hiking to Machu Picchu.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 May 2012

The hotel is close to everything. We stayed two nights before we hiked the Inca Trail and one night afterward. The car they sent to pick us up from the airport was on time and easy to locate which made for a hassle-free arrival. Also, upon arriving at the hotel, the staff stat down with us right away and oriented us to the city by going over the map and giving us suggestions for restaurants and sights to see. They also can arrange a private car service to give you a tour of the Sacred Valley sights (130 or 180 soles, depending on where you want to go, for up to 4 people). The driver was very friendly and professional. He drives you to the sights and waits at the car until you are finished and then takes you too the next place, and at the end of the day drops you back at the hotel.

The room was clean, there was a heater in the room and we always had hot water. The breakfast was good and they got up at 5:00 am to make coffee and a small breakfast for us before we left to hike the Inca Trail. The courtyard is a perfect place to relax and drink some coca tea (which is free and available 24/7). Also, they offer massages for a great price. The lady is very good and speaks English and Spanish.

We had a room on the top floor, facing the street. It was a great room, but beware that the ceilings are low in a few places (like near the toilet). We didn't mind it but if you are really tall, you could have some issues in the bathroom. Also, it can get noisy with the music from the bar on the corner and the neighborhood dogs barking, but ear plugs will take care of it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

This is an excellent B&B. Simple and elegant with ver friendly owner and staff. I like to script my stay as I go along and Melanie and the staff helped me tremendously. Arranged my day trips as they developed. Excellent location smack near the center of Cusco. My fellow guests were extremely courteous and considerate. No loud parties or people wandering the halls like a big chain. Accommodations are very homely, clean and safe. I got most of my tips about activities from Melanie and the wonderful staff. Exceeded all expectations. If you would like a real Peruvian experience in the capital of the Incas for a very reasonable price, stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank NevG
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We loved this place set back from the main plaza just far enough to feel like you could escape the tourist hoardes.

We had 3 nights in Cuzco before completing the Inca Trail and Casona Les Pleiades was perfect. The rooms were cozy with fluffy doonas, heaters and nice hot water. The courtyard and terrace were perfect for catching the sun and relaxing and the breakfast was really good.

I´m pretty sure for the price you´d be hard pressed to find a better deal in Cuzco given location, facilities, and most of all friendly staff!

Room Tip: We had two different rooms, bottom and top floor and both were great!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2012

These nice little B&B has fabulous service; very friendly and accomodating.

I was originally put in a room in the back, but when I said I didn't like it because it was too dark (it only had a little window on the door and no other windows), they put me in a fabulous room on the front with a fabulous view over Cusco.

The B&B is on a pedestrian street in a street on the top of some stairs, and the rooms also require going up stairs, so it would not be suitable for people (e.g. elderly persons, or disabled persons) who have trouble going up stairs (specially in Cusco's 3500 meter altitude)!. But if you don't have any problem like that, it is a very nice little hotel.

Also, if you get a top-floor front-of-building room, be careful with the ceiling as it can be low in some parts (but the view is worth it!). I hit my head once in the bathroom.

Breakfast is included in the price, though they make you sign things separately (15 soles for breakfast). I wonder if one is leaving early, whether it can be discounted, but this was not my case... Breakfast seemed a bit basic at first (bread, jam, cereal), but when I had nearly finished, I was asked whether they could prepare something for me (eggs, fruit...) so it wasn't as basic as I thought at the beginning...

The B&B includes a cozy common room with glass panes (to protect from the cold of the patio) where one can find DVDs and books.

Overall, a very nice little hotel...

Oh, and the bar/café in the corner has some very nice live music with a very friendly atmosphere where they prepared an absolutely delicious cup of hot chocolate at midnight on a cold weekday rainy night when everything else was closed...

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the front of the building, particularly those on the top floor, as these have a gre...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank AlanaMx
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed here as a family of 3 during the first week of April. It is conveniently located to restaurants and the Plaza de Armas. Staff is very nice and our bedroom was clean, comfortable and charmingly decorated. As a converted colonial house it has a nice central courtyard. They have a small library of travel books etc. and even umbrellas to borrow. We would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MinnSaint
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. For example, we asked for an early breakfast (5:30 a.m.) and they had it all ready for us.Also, we arranged for the free pick up at the airport. The taxi driver was there when we arrived - no waiting. The place is quaint and in a nice location near the main attractions. Some rooms have small views of the mountains. Expect to hear noise at night - people, dogs. We stayed a night here both before and after our hike, and our luggage was safely stored during that time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple