All reviewsfresh breadsan blashot waterno windowthird floorlaundry servicehostelbedsidebackpackheater
Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Pantastico for a total of 3 nights and were really happy there. The staff are super nice, the rooms and bathrooms are clean and comfortable, in the morning the smell of freshly baked bread from the hostel's own bakery wakes you up and that's also what you get for breakfast (included in the price!)!
The friendly (part French) staff helped us organise our trip to Machu Picchu and gave us useful information for our further trip to Lake Titicaca.
Plus: warm water and good water pressure which apparently is a problem in Cusco!
Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Cusco!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

Good roms, good wifi (for Peru), incredible breakfast and best empañadas i ever eat...

The manager (Lionel) was so nice, he organises (With his Travel agency) a lot of things (trek, place to visite like Machu Picchu, Uyuni Salt flats)...

He Also took a lot of Time to give us advices (by Mail when we were far from Cusco and in live when we were in Cusco)...

Thanks Lionel

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

Delicious empanadas and great strawberry juice! Really lovely service. It's tiny and a little bit tucked away but it's definitely worth the walk (only 500m from the plaza de armas). Lots of sweet little souvenir shops on the way too! We had 1 ham and cheese and 1 chicken empanada and they were both great and reasonably priced :) would go back!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2016

I stayed four nights in Pantastico after a glowing recommendation for it from a friend. I got moved around quite a bit and all three rooms I had were just too noisy with sounds coming from the main reception room downstairs (talking, phones, doorbells, music) until after 11pm, then breakfast preparations before 6am) and from the neighbouring rooms. The two rooms above the kitchen have very thin walls so I could hear my neighbours' every snore, conversation and foot step, and next door in the bathroom too, which is not pleasant.

The breakfast is good and the staff friendly, but it wasn't enough - before a very early start to walk the Inca trail I needed a good sleep. There were other little things too like some rooms not having basics of mirror and bedside lamp. And the reaction when I reported some money missing from my room (not 100% sure, so I just wanted them to know in case it had happened before) wasn't great - she phoned around staff members asking if they'd been into my room, like they were going to admit it if they had been!

I'm sorry my experience didn't match that of other reviewers. If you are a light sleeper I would not recommend Pantastico.

Room Tip: try to be away from the reception and communal area as they are noisy
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Deucelinca, Owner at Pantastico Bed & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2016

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for your comment. We are really sorry you didn't have a good experience in Pantastico. Yes, the noise can be a problem in ost of the hostel in Cusco specially in the historical center because it is really difficult to change things in old houses protected of the center. We changed you of room several times because you hadn't reserve and we tried our posible to acomodate you in the hostel. For the money, we never had that kind of complaint before. I trust at a 200% my employees. We never enter the room or only if the client is inside or ask us to make the cleaning of the room.
We always try our best to keep the hostel as quiet as posible at night but not always easy with the people returning late from Machu Picchu or leaving really early for a tour.
We wish you all the best. Saludos

Reviewed May 24, 2016

I traveled with my friend, and we stay at this hostel during almost one week. Our room was very comfortable with a great view on all of the roof of Cuzco. Reception and service was very good. It s located close to a very nice place of the city. And there, I tasted the most amazing chocolate bred ever. I recommend strongly !

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Deucelinca, Owner at Pantastico Bed & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2016

Hi Cyrielle,

Thanks for your kind comment. Glad ou had a good time in Pantastico. Hope to see you guys soon.

Saludos