“Great fish and ceviche restaurant”
Review of El Huarike

El Huarike
Ranked #316 of 3,206 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2016

We know came here on several occasions to taste different dishes and can now confirm that this is a top ceviche restaurant. Ask for glutamate free preparation, as all ceviche restaurants use MSG these days. As a desert we asked some chicharon de calamar and this was super fresh, best I ever had and I am a calamari fan!
Service is quick and helpful, atmosphere is fine and food is delicious at very reasonable prices.
I can seriously recommend this restaurant.

cheers mark

1  Thank Mark v

Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

Yesterday I had the pleasure of having lunch at the Huarique restaurant in San Borja Lina peru, it was a fantastic culinary experience, the food was excellent and the service courteous and fantastic, next time in peru it will be my first stop my complements to the owner.

1  Thank José A. M
Reviewed August 19, 2016

A local friend that loves food took us for lunch at this restaurant. Service was good and food was amazing. Try the cebiche and the pulpo.

1  Thank Rubens B
Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

Menu LOOKS expensive - but, portions are "old-Peru" & many (most?) are share-able. Perfect cebiche. "Diego" a true mozo

1  Thank GrinchLima
Reviewed April 5, 2016

My boyfriend is burned and raised Peruvian. He is very selective about his food and restaurants. Especially when we were in his hometown, El Huarike was his first stop. We were no stranger to Peruvian food. We ordered our usual: conchitas a la chalaca, ceviche concha negra, and el bolichero. This was the best seafood feast I had in my stay in Peru. The ceviche was fresh, briny and sweet. The seafood platter was huge, and the selection was delightful. The best part of the restaurant was that they had mouth wash fountain in the bathroom. One can really use it after eating ceviche. Nice touch! The is a nice, clean, modern restaurant with very reasonable price. I would expect it to be much more expensive based on the quality of the food. I understand why many locals recommend this restaurant. It really showcased the beauty of Peruvian food.

1  Thank sandiego507