“One of the best places Lima has to offer”

El Senorio de Sulco
Ranked #160 of 3,206 Restaurants in Lima
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Miraflores
Description: Somos un restaurante con 31 años de trayectoria, unimos de manera creativa tradición con innovación para hacer de ella una filosofía empresarial que nos lleva a recuperar, recrear, preservar e innovar sin deformar la Cocina Peruana. Queremos ofrecerles una experiencia que estimule al máximo su capacidad de goce, disfrute y relajación.
Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

This was a beautiful restaurant, and my favorite in Lima Peru. Incredible atmosphere warm and cozy, and even romantic. The service was great with friendly helpful staff. The food was extraordinary and classic yet elevated in style. We have the sampler plate so I could taste a little bit of everything and I highly recommend it. It was easy to get reservations and they may be needed on a busy Saturday night, otherwise you're fine. Make sure you have a Pisco sour as this is one of the best in all of Lima. They have a way of making it that makes it really different and special. I cannot recommend this place enough it is beautiful and amazing and we ate here three times during our trip.

1  Thank Charles Chip M
160786240209, Asistente de marketing at El Senorio de Sulco, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2016

Thank you for your encouraging comment. It helps us to keep improving. We look forward to your visit again. Regards

Reviewed October 15, 2016

Went here on the advice of our B&B (Stay with us Peru) and were very very happy. Food was great (I had the best confit of goat) my wife loved her ceviche). Excellent anticuchos! Be warned the portions are HUGE! Want to go back!!

Reviewed September 27, 2016

Indeed, the food is very good. A slick prim, and extensive menu describes in faultless English the many dishes. I become a little concerned that a restaurant can deliver so many choices tothe table to a perfect fresh standard. Although we were all pleased with our dishes, some were a little on the cool side when they arrived.
The service was very good, although one of the waiters seemed to only understand English when it suited him. I enjoyed my main course of beef served in a lovely sauce.However, a pre dinner beer order had to be cancelled as I had to wait over 15 minutes and gave up. There was an extensive wine choice too. Desserts were both inventive, different and a pleasure.
However, by Peruvian standards the food is on the expensive side, and I couldn't help thinking that half the cost went towards the decor. However, an enjoyable dining experience

1  Thank DorsetWhite

Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

This was visited on a recommendation which lived up to expectations. We had a charming, attentive and knowledgable waiter in Nelson. The food was very good although my wife's cabrito (goat) was especially good. My local beef dish (asado limeño con pure de pallares) was good although the sauce was a little too rich for my taste. The starters were both good - one causa rellena con pulpade cangrejo and one tiradito nikkei. Definitely on the re-visit list.

Reviewed September 21, 2016

The food and service here was actually very good. The decor is fantastic and the location is great. The Lomo is one of the best I had while traveling Peru and the Ceviche was divine (although perhaps not a good choice in hind sight.)

However, I spent much of the next day very concerned in knowing where the closest toilets were. I know GI ailments are prevalent when traveling (especially in Peru), but my travel buddy also got sick.

I don't want to dissuade anyone from experiencing El Senorio, just note that not even nice restaurants are safe all of the time.

1  Thank chadwick52

We regret that you had a bad experience the next day. Many foreigners have problems in the food change. However, we have never had this type of claims or observations because we constantly work with travel agencies and have always received good compliments. Thank you though for your comment. It helps us to keep improving. Regards