“Entirely satisfied”

Radisson Hotel & Suites San Isidro
Ranked #25 of 230 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I'd actually give this 4 1/2 stars if I could. Service was great (including the night shift). Room was spacious, comfortable, and had all amenities. Only one negative: We stayed in two rooms (one on each end of our trip), and both had minor plumbing issues -- inadequate water pressure in a tub (though both showers were great) and a little drain issue in a shower. We had a late night room service dinner because of a tough plane schedule, and it was tremendous. The hotel taxis were pricey but worth it from our point of view. Breakfast was good. The price was right. If we go to Lima again, we will stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dennisfr
HarryAbarca, JEFE DE RECEPCION at Radisson Hotel & Suites San Isidro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Dear Guest:

We appreciate you taking the time share your experience of your recent stay with us.
Your commentaries are very important for us, thank you very much for them. And we will also like to let you know that we appreciate your comments regarding our Hotel and services.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Hotel & Suites San Isidro, we would like to thank you for your preference and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to our city.

Reviewed 3 December 2011

It would have been a great hotel if the front desk staff (specifically Paula who is on the evening shift from the time we checked in & out, was more efficient and moved faster instead of wasting our time talking & very inefficiently trying too hard to multi task.I requested her to please move a bit faster since she just kept walking back & forth not really knowing what she was looking for & even told me to just wait. Excuse me, my husband & I took more than 30 minutes to checkout & we were the only ones there.No one was even checking in.Just very slow & Horrible service from the night shift staff. Worse we have experienced in any hotel.Sadly, she makes the entire Radisson experience terrible. The GM must remind front desk people some manners. The rest of the morning staff though was excellent & efficient with their service.
Nevertheless I would not recommend this hotel unless you want inefficient & horrible service for dinner & late checkout . For the
record we the late checkout was not a requested favor, we paid for the extra day since we had a late flight to catch.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank angelfish22_11
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We went here for a couple of nights becsue we got a great price for the spa suite from one of the agregators. Actually picked it to recuperate after a bout of e-coli caught in northern Peru. The spa suite itself is a large, clean comfortable space, although what your supposed to do with it all I've no idea, even a positively gymnastic sex life couldn't justify its size. By contrast the 'spa' is a bubble bath in a rather cramped bathroom, so forget the sipping champagne in the spa while staring out accross the city. The hotel is up to scratch, although never tried the internet which other reviewers mention. The area is categorically not in the middle of a 'happening' part of town, it is in a quiet resdiential / business location, although it does benefit from several good restaurants, and at least two supermarkets, very nearby. For whatever reason, the general Spa facilities of the hotel were not open when we visited.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us through the Trip Advisor website and I will like to thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our Hotel rooms and location . We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 21 November 2011

I was quite impressed with this hotel/lodging and picked it accidentally. I wanted to stay at the location but somehow selected this lodging but don't regret my decision whatsoever.

In fairness I will start off with negatives (if you want to call them that):
. I arrived late night and they were performing preventative maintenance which left a strong odor in the lobby. By morning it disappeared but slightly overwhelming.

Positives:
Staff - each and every person was courteous, professional, attentive and smile. Front desk was 5*
Location - while not in the heart of Lima - it is in a nice neighborhood and easy cheap taxi to other parts (10 SOL). Plus quiet as not located on main street
Breakfast - nice spread, fresh items and great service from staff
Building - in good shape, clean hallways (even though dark), and small pool in background.
Room - Very clean, spacious (large) and only 4 rooms per floor. Very quiet on the 7th floor.
Wifi - Reasonable wifi services
Parking - Free parking offered adjacent to hotel in gated lot.

In comparison - I went to Doubletree Paracus Resort which was mediocre in service in comparison to this Radisson.

Encourage it for lodging if/when in Lima.

Room Tip: I had a corner and no complaints
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank RooseveltL
HarryAbarca, FRONT DESK MANAGER at Radisson Hotel & Suites San Isidro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear Guest:

We thank and we appreciate their comment. It pleases us to know that its stay in the hotel has contributed to that its trip is more pleasant and you have enjoyed each one of our services.We hope to have it again soon with us.

Best Regards,

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 20 November 2011

This hotel was an excellent choice for a short stay in Lima while in transit. The hotel has good facilities and rooms, done with an extra design flair. We splurged on a spa suite and really enjoyed the spa tub after a long day of travel. The restaurant food was excellent and the staff was especially friendly and helpful. The only negatives were the street noise in the room and the high cost of a taxi to/from the airport. Overall I recommend this hotel for a business trip or brief stay while vacationing.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the front of the hotel, especially on lower floors. The street noise is significant i...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your appreciations, we are glad enough knowledge that you had a pleasing rest with us, we will be happy of receiving you in a next opportunity.

Best Regards,

Front desk Manager

Reviewed 23 September 2011

It is a good quality business hotel.. except for their internet service...

The location is nice and peaceful - not touristy, but convenient to businesses and probably ok for access to tourist destinations by taxi. Rooms are large, modern design, albeit done somewhat cheaply - but it does look nice nevertheless. Bathrooms are basic, yet very acceptable. Bath robe is provided, but I think it's for midgets - I'm just over 5' tall and it was not even covering my knees. Very good breakfast, typically included in the rate.

Frienly staff that has been telling me for 3 days that the internet problem is not their problem, all of San Isidro had an internet balckout, but of course it is going to be fixed in 2 hours,, and another 2 hours.. and another 2 hours. It did get turned on 3 hrs prior to my checkout. My colleague who lives 2 blocks away did not experience any connection issues at his apartment while this was going on.

Bottom line: property is ok, but I am not coming back - it's a business hotel, not having internet is worse than not having hot water!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
HarryAbarca, JEFE DE RECEPCION at Radisson Hotel & Suites San Isidro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Dear Guest.
Thank you for sharing your impressions with thousands of travelers that visit Trip Advisor´s website
Please accept our most sincere apologies for the first bad impression we gave you because the incoveniences we had with our internet service during your stay.
Looking forward to have you with us again in a not too distant future.

Cordially yours.

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 30 August 2011

I am looking for the best hotel to stay at when visiting Lima for Business. I have good experiences with Radisson so I decided to check it out. Service was great, location was not bad but not the best either for San Isidro area. The rooms were not great... They were big with a good work area but they were humid and not what I expected on Radisson standards. I was not bad but I am going to look for another option on the next trip

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Travel_Maniac08
HarryAbarca, JEFE DE RECEPCION at Radisson Hotel & Suites San Isidro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us through the Trip Advisor website and I will like to thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our rooms and location . We look forward to your next stay with us!

Jefe de Recepcion