“Great Value”

Innka Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lima
Innka Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #99 of 320 Lima B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here in August of 2010. The location is convenient to any major point of interest in the city. The house itself is cute and cozy. Ernesto and Isabel were excellent hosts and breakfasts were great. The price was very reasonable. What I actually enjoyed most about my stay here was the fact that Ernesto and Isabel have lived in the U.S. so they could answer quite a few comparative questions as they are familiar with American and Peruvian systems. This is where I think the stay became invaluable. If you are an American and are truly interested in Peru's culture and politics, I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 June 2011

I stayed here for a little over a week and was very happy with my stay. It is very reasonably priced and I got the room with private shower and cable tv. The house is very comfortable and cute. Ernesto and Isabel are so warm and hospitable as other reviewers have mentioned and seem to really enjoy their roles as hosts. The breakfasts were always tasty and filling and spent in a friendly atmosphere. This place is also a huge plus if you live on a vegetarian or vegan diet.

They are full of helpful advice and have a lot of knowledge about Lima as well as tourist destinations in Peru. Beyond just the accommodations, Ernesto and Isabel took my friend and I on a day excursion to see the ocean (forgot the name of the area) in a small village known for UFO sightings and also saw a nearby historic site (like a pyramid). Ernesto also recommended additional sights to see given my short time frame. He assisted me in booking a 'weekend trip' to Arequipa and Colca Valley with a very solid travel agency and tour group.

At the end of my stay, Ernesto was my airport transfer.

All in all, an excellent place to stay, very good value, and a homey more personalized alternative to a hotel or hostel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank HopALongHari
Reviewed 26 June 2011

We arrived by bus from Huaraz to Lima in the early morning (5:30 AM) and our flight out left at 10 PM. What do you do with 3 large packs and a whole day in a strange city?

Ernesto picked us up at the bus terminal and took us to his quite and clean home for rest and a shower. After a filling breakfast he took us around town, explaining all the while. We toured the historic district and then drove to Miraflores for a veggie lunch at a local restaurant, a walk down to the cliff top shopping center and a view of the ocean. Ernesto had more plans for us but we were tired so we returned to his home for a short rest. Then he took us to the airport.

We cannot imagine a better way to spend a day in Lima. We are just sorry that we didn't get to meet Isabel...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank david_tamar
Reviewed 20 June 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at el Inn-ka for a few days and only have great things to say about Ernesto, his lovely wife Isabel and their B and B. They were the perfect hosts! A lovely comfy clean house, delicious food, great advice and tips on where to go in Lima, v useful lifts from the airport and round the city. You couldn't ask for a better place to stay! Great value for money and such warm and welcoming people. Nice neighbourhood and great to stay with people who really know their city. I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2011

After being promised a reservation and a pick up when arriving at the Lima airport... They didn't show up at the airport. I found a service desk and called the innka. It sounded like I woke Ernesto up, and all he could say was they were full. 2 days prior ( right before traveling for 12 hrs) I verified our res and pickup via email.

Who does that? Who promises to pick you up and then just doesn't show up? And then also says "sorry, we're full" and leaves you without a place to stay at 11pm on a long weekend.

Their word is worth nothing. Might be fine for walk in business, but they straight out lied to me.

Ended up at hotel Miramar.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I agree with the other glowing reviews. Ernesto and Isabel are extraordinarily friendly, warm hosts, who go the extra mile for their guests. They picked us up from the airport, drove us around on our first day, took us on a full tour of the city the next day, and took various steps to send back a GPS that I left there. Both speak fluent English (they lived in the US for 20+ years), though both were born and raised in Lima and know the city very well. Their house is very nicely maintained. It is a short drive to Miraflores and Centro from their place (in the Jesus Maria neighbourhood), and if they don't have time etc. drive you to where you want to go, cabs are dirt cheap in Lima.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Ernest and Isabella are the best host I have encountered. You are treated like a family member. They greeted me at the airport with smile even my flight was in the late after midnight and prepared great breakfast next morning. The room was well-looked after and very comfortable. You are staying their home! Ernest took me around the city all day next day and we had a lot of fun. He is not a typical tour guide but like a local who knows every corner of the city. He will tour you around in Lima whatever the way you like. They will help you and make sure your entire travel (in Lima and beyond) is trouble-free.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo