3,735 results
All reviews the executive lounge rosa navarro juan antonio la vista restaurant ocean view great hotel sushi bar light dinner ceviche larcomar mall corner room directly across the street lobby bar the cliff breakfast buffet late check machu picchu
Reviewed October 10, 2018

I'll start with service at this location, because it was truly superb across every single interaction. From being greeted at the door, to the front desk, to the bar and restaurants, to the exercise facility, EVERYONE at this hotel was helpful, friendly, completely professional and went above and beyond. Aside from some small language challenges (my primary language is English and my Spanish is modest, at best), I can offer nothing but praise and appreciation. I'm not sure what their training program is, but other hotels should copy...

The hotel itself is very nice, and sits directly across the street from a beautiful park and the primary shopping mall for the Miraflores district. The views looking out at the ocean were stunning, the parasailers came by every afternoon, but folks should understand that there is no beach access from the promenade - that requires a ride in the car down the side of the cliffs to reach the sand (and, actually, their beaches are more rocky than sandy).

There is a small but well-appointed bar downstairs, the restaurant was quite good (maybe a touch pedestrian), though - honestly - there are so many superb restaurants in Lima (and Mireflores, more specifically) that I'd highly suggest folks make the trek out into the city.

My room was just okay (I wound up on a corner, and had loud traffic from the main dragway down below), but, again, staff did everything they could to ensure that I had a welcome stay.

One last nitpick - the "health club" at the hotel is actually just that: A club where people can pay to work out. It's large and has a lot of cardio equipment, but because of the paid arrangement with people who live close by, it was always EXTREMELY crowded and access to certain machines or equipment was a waiting process. Not a particularly big deal, but just worth noting, as I didn't glean any sense of that ahead of my travel.

All in all, a hotel to which I'd definitely return, and the access point to so many other activities and sights cannot be beat. I've returned home, but what I'll take away most as a memory is the great way I was treated by everyone there...

Room Tip: Ocean side is definitely worth requesting
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
JWMarriottLima, Concierge & Bell Stand Supervisor at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Dear Cowslower:
Thank you very much for your great comments and for giving us the opportunity to get back to you through this public posting.  Undoubtedly the privileged location of our property allows all our guests enjoy amazing views of the Pacific Oceans and closeness to shopping mall entertainment and safe walking areas. Thank you!. According to your kind words, we will recognize the staff for their great work in helping you with all request you wanted to. Hopefully we will welcome you back in the not too distant future, for another wonderful stay. We appreciate your preference.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

This hotel is a very nice property with a great location with an ocean view. But it lacked the personal touch of their Cusco property (by far) and there were a number of other issues where we felt quite disappointed. For starters, it seems that quite a bit of the staff do not speak English (in Cusco even the gentleman who cleaned our room spoke working English). I speak 3 languages and sadly Spanish isn't one of them, but I know a little. I did try where I could but there are many non-Spanish speaking foreigners as guests in this hotel so I was a bit surprised to say the least.

When I tried to reach the concierge from our room to help us with a restaurant reservation, there was no answer on the first two attempts. I waited about 20 minutes and tried again and thought that this time that I would let it ring until someone picked up. Three times is a charm right? Not really. Instead I got a slightly grumpy concierge who started telling me off for letting the phone ring so long because he was obviously busy with other clients. That is the first time ever that I have had that response in a hotel...and I travel a lot. Maybe they need 2 concierges during peak hours.

Someone - most likely a previous guest - seemed to have entered a parental block on our television and any movies that were R rated or NC-17 were not accessible at night. I tried to explain this to the staff but they continued to tell me that we just did not have access to those channels at all. Funny considering that I was watching those same channels earlier in the day. After 45 minutes of only Spanish-speaking technicians coming to our room understanding that we had a totally different problem, I finally talked to someone who was willing to listen to the actual issue after explaining it about 3 times. But being 11.15 pm, I gave up and went to bed.

On the last time, we were given a very generous late check-up of 4 pm. But at 9.30 am, someone (again non-English speaking) knocked on our door to clean the room. He left because we could not understand each other, and we then received a call that they wanted to clean our room now, though even normal check-out isn't until noon. How does that work? We were still in bed and one of us was battling a bad cold. So, our check-out time was invalid?

So while the hotel itself is a nice place, the service was disappointing. If I ever come to Lima again, I will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
JWMarriottLima, Concierge & Bell Stand Department at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Dear Konuku25:
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments through this public social media in regards to your latest stay at the JW Marriott Hotel Lima.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location but we apologize for that inconvenience, this is not the type of service that the JW Marriott Hotel Lima is known for, and we will share your comments with our staff and my concierge team in order to improve our service. We appreciate all of our guests’ feedback and consider it of utmost importance.
Next time you plan to visit, let me know, it would be a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

I was pretty much undecided as to stay at the Belmond or here at the JW. Thankfully I decided to stay at the JW Marriott. One the things that tipped the balance towards the JW, although I also love the Belmond hotel chain, was its location. Most of the fine dining restaurants are within walking distance. Whereas the Belmond was not as close. Since my priorities were geared towards experiencing Lima’s wonderful gastronomy, then the JW seemed the right choice.

Now the service at the JW was outstanding! The hotel’s staff goes above and beyond to ensure you feel at home. I think the word “no” was deleted from their dictionary :)

Courteous, friendly and professional! Definitely recommend the JW Marriott Lima!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
JWMarriottLima, Concierge & Bell Stand Supervisor at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Dear Carlos M:
Thank you very much for your fantastic comments! As a knowledgeable traveler we truly appreciate your positive remarks about our hotel, product and service, particularly the our service and staff.
We hope we can welcome you back in our hotel hopefully in the not too distant future.
We genuinely thank you for your preference!!

Reviewed October 8, 2018

I had a five day stay in October 2018 and the hotel is very nice. I had a large room on the point with nearly panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean across the street. Breakfast was included in the price of the room and it is a delicious breakfast buffet. Since this was a business meeting, we had buffet lunches as part of our meetings and I thought the food was quite good. We did not eat dinner there as there are many good restaurants in Lima and we wanted to get out of the hotel. They do have a nice bar/lounge area with music in the evening and we enjoyed a drink and music after returning from dinner.

In addition, there is a very nice and large outdoor mall directly across the street with beautiful views of the ocean. Barranco is a reasonable (~30 minute) walk from the hotel and we walked along the ocean to get there.

I would definitely stay here the next time I am in Lima.

Room Tip: Beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear itsmeVA:
\Thank you very much for your comments! You are right indeed about our superb location with amazing views of the Pacific Ocean and close to entertaining places.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Kind regards,

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

In the last month me and my group stayed here on two occasions. The first time we had some minor inconveniences during checking in, but these were nothing in comparison with the exceptional and professional services rendered on our second occasion. The response of the managerial team was at the level expected of any 5-start hotel!
Great buffet restaurant for lunch and breakfast. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Service was great. Overall a wonderful stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
JWMarriottLima, Concierge & Bell Stand Supervisor at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear Rafa S:
Thank you so much for your great comments those helps to improve every day, there is an example you gave us and we worked on this opportunity area.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.