All reviews very nice hotel quiet location front desk opened the door breakfast buffet rooms are large hotel is located safe area neighborhood lobby gym soles taxis computers spanish flight
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a Gate 1 tour. Room is huge and very clean. Staff are nice as well. I recommend this hotel. Nice that breakfast was included. Hotel is located in a nice area of the city. There are lots of snacks available in the rooms the purchase of you get hungry.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Nice and quiet little hotel in a calm area of San Isidro, close to the El Golf and to a lovely bookshop that sits in the Barcelona street. Rooms are big and matrass is confortable. Service is gentle and efficient. Breakfast a bit limited but food in general is up to the level of the country: great. Only caveat: the gym and jacuzzi areas are dark and depressive to say the least.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

It is an excellent hotel located in the neighbourhood of San Isidro. Rooms are large. The bed is very comfortable. A remarkable thing is breakfast: they have a wide variety of fresh fruits, smoothies, home made bread and marmalades. Front desk attention is excellent. They also offer you good advice on tourism in Lima. The car service offered by the hotel is also of excellent quality.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2018

I was a bit worried about my reservation at the Libertador in Lima, after my wifi issue at the Arequipa Libertador caused me to miss turning in an important assignment, but I'm happy to report that the wifi at this hotel was running well, and I managed to get all the work done here that I needed to do.

The hotel is certainly not a top end luxury hotel; it's more of a business hotel, but with the price point at which they were offering their rooms, I already knew that. The rooms are quite sparsely populated and somewhat gloomy (although Lima's perpetually overcast sky no doubt contributes in no small measure to this), and the clientele here seems in large part to be composed of business travelers. The breakfast was included in my prepaid rate, and is decently extensive for the price.

The location was also about as good as you'll get in Lima for this sort of a hotel (unless you count the Sheraton, no 'decent' hotels are actually located in the historic center); I especially appreciated the fact that the hotel was right next to a Starbucks, so that I could load up there on bottled waters and not have to pay the exorbitant price that hotels charge for that (since tap water in Peru is not exactly potable).

I have to dock one point for two considerations: First of all, the room service here is so-so. Their Chicken Quesadilla in particular was... inconsistent, to say the least. I had it two days in a row; it was fine the first time, but the second day, it came somewhat soggy, and the vegetables were so underdone that I couldn't even finish it.

Second of all, the hotel driver's car almost didn't start on my way to the airport, due to a problem with the battery. Eventually he did manage to get it to start, but for a few moments, I was panic stricken with the thought that I'd almost miss my flight. Checking to ensure that the car battery is functional should definitely not have been overlooked, the night before an airport transfer.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2018

The hotel is located in a very quiet neighborhood and the accomodations were very nice. The breakfast buffet was especially nice.
My only complaint was that within fifteen minutes after checking in, the electricity was turned off for almost three hours due to "an unexpected issue". I don't understand why the electricity for the entire hotel had to be turned off instead of just on the floor/space where the issue was located. Very inconvenient.

Room Tip: higher level floor
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family