“wonderful”

Belmond Miraflores Park
Ranked #1 of 232 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 28 March 2012

After 2 weeks of mountains, hikes, (Machu Piccchu of course) this was a wonderful, welcome respite. The room was wonderful- so wowed by bathroom I took measurements for my own home bathroom make over. Staff and service top notch. I even forgot my credit card the day I left (did not know I had) - waiting for me by the time I arrived at the airport was an email informing me they had found it. I emailed back "cut it up" and they did and even sent a scan of the cut up card! My daughter and I had the Mother Daughter Spa treatment package- while the spa does not yet seem to be up to OE standards (it is a series of 3 small rooms on top floor near pool area) the staff was wonderful and very accommodating. The views are amazing of the water sunset beautiful. Pool on top floor with waiter service. No complaints nothing but accolades from this picky traveler. I did not rate kids activities as my daughter did not participate or ask for any.

Room Tip: ask for room facing west for sunset
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ddmontgomery
oeperu, General Manager at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear ddmontgomery,
Thank you so much for your kind comments about Miraflores Park Hotel! We are very grateful for your review and I would like to say that your recognition means a lot to us!

We really enjoyed assisting you with your credit card issue. We take pride in serving our guests and having them leave satisfied with everything we have to offer.

I would also like to take the opportunity to inform our future guests of different activities that they will be able to do, like bike riding and visiting the best spots in our neighborhoods or paragliding over the pacific ocean. Be sure to ask for them at the Concierge desk.

Thank you very much again for your kind words, and hope to see you soon in Lima!

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Im writing this from my room overlooking the sea and watching the sunset over the ocean. The rooms are comfortable and clean with dramatic views of the coast and the Pacific. There is a small gym on the top floor along with a very nice pool with bar service and a restuarant that serves breakfast with amazing views.

None of that can top the service of Miraflores. In particular the concierge Erika. She's Brazilian, married a Peruvian (they have better manners) and she absolutely went above and beyond the call of duty.

I am taking my daughter on her sweet 16 birthday spring break and unfortunately, I did not plan it well. We wanted to go to Machu Picchu for 2 days but all I had planned was the flight to Cusco. I thought the rest would be easy. It wasn't. Everything was booked. Erika walked us to the Perurail office at the nearby mall and handled everything spectacularly. We not have a hired car to take us to the train to take us to Machu Picchu and back. Truly great service.

She also recommended Cala (awesome) and Astrid and Gaston, which we are going to tonight. The drivers at the hotel are also the best.

Great hotel, and even better service. Something you rarely see in great hotels these days.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chicagojr29
oeperu, General Manager at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Estimated guest,

Wow!! Your review is so nice that I have absolutely nothing to add! I would just like to thank you very much for taking the time to write it. The reviews posted on Trip Advisor are of great help to tourists planning their trips, and we really appreciate it!
We feel very honored to hear that you chose our country to celebrate your daughter’s birthday.

It is a privilege to watch the sunsets and we are proud to know that our prime location gave you that wonderful experience.

Please be advised that the associate you mentioned in your comments Erika Goulart (Guest Relation & Concierge desk) has been thanked and recognized as an excellent contributor. She is very happy and honored for your huge recognition.

It was a pleasure having you and your daughter with us and we hope that you are enjoying your trip to Cusco .We look forward to welcoming you back in our property in the not too distant future.

Thank you!

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Very nice hotel in an excellent location. The top floor with views for a beautiful breakfast was a perfect start to explore Lima. The rooms were comfortable and our two rooms overlooked the numerous buildings being erected, perhaps the ocean view rooms are worth the extra. The service was outstanding and the hotel restrauant, Mesa 18, was outstanding. The unforgivable to me was building/maintainance work at 7 am on Sunday morning. It sounded like a refurbishment to the room above but a call to reception and it stopped. Overall a nice hotel.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Andrew C

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are particularly glad you enjoyed our breakfast, which is indeed very nice and that our restaurant Mesa 18 by Thosiro captived you with its spectacular Japanese food and its small taste of Peruvian culinary.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the incident that you experienced regarding the noises you heard Sunday morning, caused by a last minute problem that had to be solved immediately. We are very sorry for the disturbance.

I hope you can stay with us in the near future. Thank you very much for choosing Miraflores Park Hotel for stay in Lima.

All the best,

Reviewed 20 March 2012

This hotel is located in a beautiful section of the city. Lots of parks and on the beach! Views are excellent and the staff was incredible!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guets,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Miraflores Park Hotel. Your evaluation is very much appreciated.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel for your next stay in Lima, may I take this opportunity to thank you again for your remarks.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Our room had an ocean view, which was beautiful. But, deferred maintenance of our room was problematic. Our drapes did not close, because they had been ripped at the top where they met the metal closer. The shower did not drain. But the room was gorgeous and the wait staff was excellent and everyone was extremely nice and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Concerning your regards on the issues with drape and shower in your room during your stay, we sincerely apologize, the problem has been brought up to our maintenance team and has been already rectified. I assure you that this will not be repeated.

Despite that, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Again, thank you very much for your comments which will aid us in constant improvement and upkeeping of our level of service.!

Wish you all the best!

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Can't say if it's the best hotel in Lima because I have only been to two of them, but the Miraflores Park certainly is world-class and beats the JW Marriott hands down! The level of details and attention to clients' needs and wishes is outstanding. For instance: a dedicated wi-fi router in each and every room (I had never seen this before); someone giving you a towel and a bottle of water when you return from jogging (I had seen this only in the Four Seasons in Buenos Aires); the reception attendant (and not the bellboy) accompanying you to your room and showing every detail of it--if you so wish; a sense of being welcome at every step; a restaurant with very good breakfast, outstanding service, and exceptional view on the ocean; an endless pool.
I have found that it is not easy to find room here if you don't book in advance (well, no surprise) but really this is the hotel you want to return to when in Lima!

Room Tip: Ocean view would be my preference.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
oeperu, General Manager at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your amazing review about Miraflores Park Hotel! We are so happy you had a true "Orient Express experience" staying with us.

I am very glad you enjoyed our complimentary wi-fi connection in each and every room. We like to think that when a guest is on vacations they would like to communicate with friends and family back home, share photos, and tell people about their trip to Peru. Not to mention our corporate guests who need connection to be able to work while on their business trips.

It is our privilege to provide personalized service to each of our guests, including the details you mentioned. All of the staff had a great time taking care of you and making your stay the very best it could be and your recognition means a lot to us!

Thank you again for your comments. Looks like you did a lot of researching prior to booking our hotel. That is why we encourage our guests to write their feedback about it on Trip Advisor, threfore helping future guests visiting our beautiful city. We can´t wait to have you back in our property!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

The hotel is in a perfect location to see the ocean as most suites have an excellent view. The Miraflores area is terrific for walking, shopping and eating. Outside the hotel there is a lovely park and a walking Malecon. We were in close proximity to a beautiful mall and several good restaurants.
We arrived in the middle of the night (3am) and were quickly escorted to our room by several thoughtful staff members. The room itself is large, with a sitting area included. The furnishings are tasteful and understated. The bed was heavenly! The linens and towels even included a monogram of the hotel´s symbol. The bathroom was granite and marble and was huge. A separate shower had an incredible waterfall type shower head.
Breakfast is at the Observatory on the 11th floor. Our servers were wonderful---if you even looked around the room they would come over to see if there was anything you needed. The breakfast buffet was varied.
The only problems we encountered were with the housekeeping services. Several times no water was left for us in the room or turn down service was skipped. We also had a few problems getting someone to bring ice to our room. Other then that service else where in the hotel was fantastic.
Try the bar where they make a delicious pisco sour drink.
Definitely this hotel holds up to the Orient Express standards.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to get the best views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
oeperu, General Manager at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear guest,

We are so happy to read that you had a great time in Lima at Miraflores Park Hotel, and especially that our service was so good! We read and analyze all of the reviews, comments, and suggestions given by our guests in order to improve the quality of our service. Therefore, your recognition means a lot to us!

I am very glad to know that our staff helped you in providing this great Orient Express experience since your arrival to our property.

I am very sorry to hear about the issues you had with our housekeeping and room services during your stay. I assure you that this will not be repeated. Despite that, I am really glad to know that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast and that you tried our National drink Pisco Sour in our bar, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. This is a typical drink peruvians like to have after work and I am very glad you had the chance to experience it.

Thank you so much for your contribution, i'm sure it will certainly help other guests coming to Lima!

Sincerly,