Book In Advance

from US$39.00
from US$112.50
from US$45.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 12, 2018

Went to see this building (and the Plaza De Armas and surrounding buildings) initially at night. They were very beautiful when lit up.
But they were so impressive that I wanted to see them in daylight, so I went again a couple of days later. Well worth it to see them in the light.
The Municipal Palace (Municipalidad de Lima) really stands out in yellow.
The area is very pretty - yes - a "Must-See" in Lima, especially if you enjoy architecture.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

Destroyed mainly by earthquakes and fires several times, the current building, stands on the same place as Lima's first town hall and was inaugurated in 1944. The rebuild has retained the Colonial characteristics like the original structure and the beautiful wooden balconies remained.

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

I have always visited the Palacio on recent trips to Peru but never went inside for a tour. We went on a Sunday and the tour lasted approximately 30 minutes. You will need to make Advance reservations and provide your passport number. I recommend calling them two weeks prior. Beautiful architecture and Classic photos surround the palace each noting past presidents and history.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

When you are downtown visiting the Cathedral and the Presidential Palace don't forget to look across and visit City Hall, also s beautiful palace. Very interesting inside especially the sweeping staircase

Reviewed August 18, 2015

While traversing the Plaza de Armas, I took note of a prominent yellow building that had a colonial like structure with numerous arches. It was surrounded by a number of plam trees.
I thought to myself (as I had just visited Campeche, Mexico) that this definitely resembles the City Hall in the said town. However this building is much more picturesque. The only factor spoiling the scenery was the overcast weather.
Like the Presidential Palace, I did not get a chance to visit inside.

1  Thank Steve Y
Reviewed June 24, 2015

Like so many attractions, so much depends on whether you are in the area. If you are downtown, then worth a visit for its history and beauty - not sure I'd make a long trip as a destination visit.

Reviewed May 30, 2015

Imhad the opportunity to,visit this Magnificent Palace on a orivate wedding. It holds lots of Colonial furniture and adornments

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We arrived at the Plaza de Mayor around four in the afternoon and noticed that as well as having riot police standing guard outside the cathedral, the number of people in the square itself steadily diminished over the course of the next hour.
We were walking along the front of the Palacio Municipal and were politely asked if we would like a free tour. Not having anything else planned, we accepted this offer and just the two of us were given a walk though of this grand building.
The vantage point overlooking the now empty square from the mayoral balcony was quite amazing, and we practiced our speech-giving from the red carpeted podium.
It felt a bit like we were naughty children tip toeing through a neighbour's house while they were on holidays, but heck, we didn't break down any doors to get in!
Of course our tip was gratefully accepted.

1  Thank deborah1212