“Bargain price for exactly what we wanted”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Space to cook
Kitchen area
No noice - sleep tight
Bedroom
Spare bed for kids, option
Bathroom with shower
Frontview
Waterfall at the entrance
Entrance from the street
Terrace on the roof
Cityview from the rooftop
A quiet place on the roof
Garden with a skyline
Relax with barbecue
Loboton market, two blocks away
Buy fresh fruit, meat and groceries 3 minutes from home
360 degrees view of Lima
Carpark with security 24/7
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Judy K
Acton, Massachusetts
“Bargain price for exactly what we wanted”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

We wondered what an apartment would be like for only $35 per night. The answer is that it was ideal. In advance, I asked the owner or manager if someone would be able to help us with our heavy luggage (including medical equipment). They were ready to help when we arrived. The apartment was surprisingly large. Since it was chilly, they loaned us a space heater for the bedroom. A large bottle of safe (bottled) water was on the table.

After traveling with a group and eating over-salted food, I wanted to cook for myself.
Like another reviewer's experience, the manager's son walked with us to the market and helped us buy ingredients for dinner and breakfast.

We were flying out late at night. At a regular hotel, I'd have had to wait in the lobby after check-out time. For this price, we booked an extra night and I was able to stay in the apartment all afternoon using the wifi until we were ready to go to the airport.

The only downsides were that the bathroom is small, children were noisy during the day and the place is not fancy, but the bed was comfortable and the apartment turned out to be just what we wanted.

AmyWDC13
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Hospitality at its best!!!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

You could not ask for a better couple to run the apartment building! It is in the heart of
Lima but only a stone's throw from Miraflores, museums and other attractions. Tove and her husband are the best hosts one could dream of, very friendly, accommodating, helpful and as involved as you desire them to be.

I needed transportation from the airport and Tove has a local friend that is a cab driver and very reasonable and trustworthy. He ended up being my driver for the duration of my time there. And when I asked for suggestions on places to eat, visit, etc., Tove was more than happy to give me endless suggestions of numerous places. When I traveled to Machupichu for a couple days, Tove was kind enough to allow me to store my bag until I returned.

The apartment itself is spacious and clean (I'm big on cleanliness) with great WiFi (also important) and all you can ask for. There are also restaurants nearby and a movie theater within a few short blocks of the building. I wholeheartedly recommend this place to all who are traveling to Lima!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hospitality.
Liked least: Nothing.
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
bill803
Walnut Creek, California
“Great value, centrally located”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed here for three nights prior to taking an organized trip to the Amazon. I emailed the owner several times with questions prior to our arrival and she was always quick to provide answers and advice. She arranged for us to be met at the airport by the apartment manager and she even sent a picture so we'd know who to look for.

The apartment was clean and the beds were comfortable. It was pretty cool in Lima and and the apartment doesn't have a heater. Perhaps we should have asked if one was available!

Telmo, the apartment manager, took us on a walking tour around the area, pointed out the best places to exchange money, shop and eat, and he gave us instructions on how to take the inexpensive public buses. Telmo even sent his son with us when we took a taxi to a hotel in Miraflores to join our tour group. He even took pictures of the cab's license plate with his cell to make sure we were safe.

The apartment seems to be about halfway between Miraflores and Central Lima. It is a non-touristy area (a major plus) but didn't show up on our guide book maps. I think we'll get a different book next time.

I think this location is a better option than the more expensive hotel we stayed at in Miraflores.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Families with young children
Management Response
13 Oct 2013
Thank you Billy!
We hope that you had a great and memorable journey in Peru! Thank you for staying with us before your trip to the Amazonas, it was a great pleasure! Sorry we missed out on asking you if you needed a heater - we bought a lot of extra ones this year since the weather has been extraordinary rare and cold! Hope to see you again soon! There is a lot to explore:) All the best, Tove
LMN2013
Delray Beach, Florida
“Quiet paradise in the middle of a bustling Peruvian city.”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

I have been traveling to Peru several times a year for 5 years. This was by far the best place I have stayed. If you are looking for a nice, clean , quiet, peaceful place in a centrally located neighborhood this is the place for you. The owners and staff could not have been more accommodating. The first day the manager took us for a walk through the neighborhood pointing out the open air markets, fresh flower stands, money exchange locations and the local shopping center. They prepared delicious peruvian dishes for us whenever we asked. The apartment as well as the beauiful and exotic house the apartment was in had flower filled oudoor verandas and a private large roof top deck. We found the location to be close to everything. Transportation was readily available and we felt safe. We cannot go back soon enough!!

Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The apartment and everyone associated with it
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Reviewed August 26, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Reviewed July 2, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Management Response
2 Jul 2013
Thank you Anna! It was a pleasure having you and your daughter at our home. Looking forward to your next trip to Peru! All the best ! Tove
Reviewed May 21, 2013 for a stay in December 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing