See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 4, 2015

I took a group of 12 to Peru and this place was very cheap... about $30 per room. I booked online and had a reservation printed off. Once I came to the check in counter, I gave the man my paperwork. He had no idea what to do and spoke no English. He had to call over his coworker to take a look (also didn't speak English). I don't want to sound rude, as if everyone in Peru needs to speak English, but the website says they have an English speaking staff, which was a selling point for me. After struggling with communication, they pointed to each room on the reservation sheet and signaled for us to all show our passports. We did that, but they still struggled getting our rooms. After about 15 minutes, we all got our room keys. The rooms were very small and had paper thin walls. We could hear all of our neighbors very loudly and the beds were very small and felt like they were made of cardboard. We didn't feel unsafe, but would have preferred staying in a more Western hotel. Please do yourself a favor and stay in the Miraflores district. It will be worth the extra money.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank 862jaredh
Duber_Carrasco, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Panamericano, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2016

Dear Guest

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor about your experience.

I want to apologize for the bad experiencie that you have in our hotel, also about our employer that didn't speak English. You are right because not only in Peru needs to speak English, all countries have to speak English for our international guests.

Anyway, we have taken actions to improve our service.

We really hope that in future you give us a second chance to show you that you can have a good experience with us. I am sure you will be able to see that we always offer a good service to all our guests.

My best regards

Reviewed August 10, 2015

I stayed here for one night and did not have a good experience at all. I was given a room that is just across from the front desk, so it was very noisy. I could hear all the conversations going on in the lobby, guests checking in and out, bags being wheeled around, everything! The kitchen was also almost next to the room so all the noises coming from there could be heard clearly in the room. I also heard conversations coming from other rooms, it was really uncomfortable, because it sounded almost like the noise was coming from inside the room. I am usually very tolerant to external noise but this was too much even for me. I could even clearly hear when the person in the room next door would slide the shower door or opened/closed the faucet! Maybe if I had gotten a room in a different location this would have not been an issue, but I would not try staying at this place again.
What made it even worse for me was that the Wi Fi did not work at all that night. I hate when a place advertises they have wireless Internet then you get there and it does not work. I needed to do some important online transactions and was relying on their Internet. I ended up having to go to the Chinese restaurant next door to get a connection. I should say that next morning the Wi Fi did work for a bit, but I checked out very early in the morning as I had a plane to catch, so at that time I really didn't need it anymore. It was very inconvenient.
The room was not comfortable at all, the furniture was old and overall it was a depressing room. I would not recommend anyone stay here unless you are trying to be absolutely frugal. You will get exactly what you paid for!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FiyeroTX
Hotel P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Panamericano, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2016

Dear Guest

I'm sad to read that you did not enjoy your stay at Hotel Panamericano. However, I would like to say you that our Hotel had 130 rooms, so If you had a problem with noise in the room as you said, you should have told your complaint in the reception and we would changed your room to another quieter room.
Regarding the WIFI, this it right: the Internet company had a problem and we had no good connection wifi in the rooms only this day, although we did in the hall and also in the courtesy computer that we have on the hall. Please accept our apologies for that!

My best regards

Duber Carrasco
Hotel Panamericano manager

Reviewed June 25, 2015

Friendly and efficient hotel staff. I had a really good stay and I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean and safe location place. The location is great and the affordable price for the location is better.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David S
Reviewed October 21, 2014

In this hotel was able to check-in much earlier than expected because a room opened up, which was very nice after a long train ride. Staff was friendly, the location was great with proximity to everything. Free Wi-fii.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Douglas M
Reviewed October 21, 2014

I was hosted in the hotel 3 nights and the staff was very polite and gave us many directions and advices about Lima city. The hotel had excelent wi fi conection in everywhere and the place is well located in Lima city. Breakfast is very cheap but simple. Our room was clean and quiet. I think is worthwhile if you are only planning to stay for a few of days in Lima. The price is reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business