“Friendly en very well located hostel/ hotel”

Casa De Huespedes Porta
Ranked #165 of 350 Speciality Lodging in Lima
Reviewed 1 March 2015

Hostel Porta is a rustic building with wooden floors, high ceilings, a small garden and small patio. There is quite a difference in room quality and if you sleep light you might no want to sleep on the first floor next to the reception or patio.
But the hostel has good and friendly services, as from a hotel, good beds and a very good location in a calm and save neigborhood of Miraflores and close to the coast.
It is like our travel agent Fairtravel4u told us, very good value for money in Miraflores, Lima and we can recommend the hostel to others who want to stay in a quite part of Lima.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelm00s
There are newer reviews for Casa De Huespedes Porta

Reviewed 6 December 2014

I would say this place was average. We stayed in the beginning of our trip and again at the end- 2 different rooms- both upstairs. The rooms were fairly large- clean, simple decor. We enjoyed having breakfast included, but it was definitely just various rolls, coffee, juice and jellies. Wifi was fine. There is a computer in the breakfast lounge which was nice to use to verify our airlines each time. The first time we did not get charged for printing, nor did they say anything about it. But the 2nd time, they told us we were being charged, after we already printed- wasn't too happy about that, but... too late.
Staff was friendly enough. They did hold our luggage for us in a locked space while we flew to Cusco with no extra charge- which was awesome! Location was good too. They take your keys whenever you leave, and return them to you when you come back which is nice not to have to worry about them, especially since its rather large.
For the price, I would overall recommend this hostel if you are not looking for anything too fancy.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank cutiecupid15
Reviewed 22 November 2014

The hostels place is very good because near to parque kennedy and larcomar. Our bedroom was spacious but the bathroom was poor and a little dirty, the shower did not perform very well. The staff was quite welcoming. The breakfast was poor and not various : we always ate the same food, it is a very significant drawback of this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2014
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Stayed 1 week at this hotel. Relatively cheap place in Miraflores. Safe, clean but noisy. Good internet connection. Unhealthy breakfast. Also unwelcoming and uninterested staff, which really lets the place down. Shame because has potential

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed 4 nights ( 2 x 2 nights at beginning an end of our trip) with my wifey, we enjoyed our stay very much. Extremely nice and helpful staff, beautiful place in the heart of Miraflores, nice colonial decor, very clean, well kept, high standard of security. We had two different rooms on first and ground floor. Both were clean, quiet, quality beds, good hot shower, WiFi works well in the rooms. Neat breakfast. Highly recommended place with excellent price-quality ratio.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wolfgang M
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed 5 nights, enjoyed my stay. Attractive place with Spanish decor, very clean, very good security. My room was on ground floor at back, quiet, good quality bed, good shower lots of hot water, thick towel. Staff helpful and nice. Good computer available in dining room with internet. Wi-fi worked well in my room. Breakfast: good bread with jam, butter, coffee/tea, juice. I'd definitely come back; good price-quality ratio.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 108 on ground floor at back. Quite quiet. You can open the windows which are high u...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Monica-writer
Reviewed 24 July 2013

In my way to Miami I spend 3 days in Lima.
I went to the same hostal.
I was there for the second time, and If I'm in Lima again, I will stay there again.
All was exactly the same, place is simple, clean and close to everything on Miraflores.
The breakfast is OK, not a lot of different foods. Simple but good.
The only think that changed is that they switch all the mattresses on the beds. And I did not like those new ones, because they ware hard. But they did not give me any back pain.

There price is really good for what they offer. That is my conclusion and that is why I stay there. If you need a lot of luxury stay someplace else.

Bacal

Room Tip: All the rooms I stayed there ware good and almost the same.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple