“Superb service, Great location”

Hotel Runcu Miraflores
Ranked #27 of 232 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The staff at Hotel Runcu went out of their way to make my stay in Lima comfortable, even calling the airline on my behalf to work out issues with my reservation. The accomodations were comfortable and always clean, the restaurant had great local cuisine, and everyone there had great advice about what to see and do. The location is also great with walking access to the seafood restaurants, Huarca Parllaca, shopping, and the beaches. The hotel even will arrange pick-up frm the airport that make your visit worry free. I had a very early AM flight out and the staff prepared a boxed breakfast for me, which was a last great touch. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank sjbenton

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in february and we were very impressed by the staff's willingness to make our stay as nice as possible, a girl at the reception even lent us $10 soles to have a taxi take us to the nearest money exchange place. Carlos who works at the restaurant was extremely helpful and courteous. Rooms are not that big but comfortable enough. We gladly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: You need to book a room well ahead of time to get a one bed room for two.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My hotel room was very clean, though there was a bit of an odour that I didn't like...but still very clean!

I thought the room would be a bit nicer, but the location was great!! Most of all, I just want to say that the staff were so wonderful!! I don't want to make a long review, but I will say that they went above and beyond to provide me with assistance and were very accommodating.

Their driver service is a bit more expensive, but the driver I had was very good and polite. He was on time and a nice man.

No complaints here! IF you're looking for an avg clean room, nothing fancy, but in a good location with amazing hotel staff, then this is a good choice!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank j_ebz79
HotelRuncuMiraflores, Director de Recepción at Hotel Runcu Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for comments, your opinion is really important for us in order to improve our service.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Great location and the neighborhood was fantastic. Steps to the bluffs over looking the Pacific and close to everything in Mira Flores! First off, they had no problem storing our luggage prior to the stay as we spent a few days in Cusco and Machu Pichu. The staff was awesome; Many thanks to Patricia, Evelyn and the staff NO was not in their vocabulary. The restaurant was a surprise and David (chef/owner) was helpful with inside information on Lima. Don't forget the breakfast which was a great way to start the morning. Simply put; I cannot wait for the return to our frineds in Peru.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I'm an expat living in Lima, and due to the fact that i live in a one bedroom apartment, i couldn't host my parents for their vacation. We found Runcu and were pretty excited it was close to my apartment and had great reviews. So I personally marched down there, asked to see the rooms and the hotel, told them about my parents visiting, they even gave me a special rate (it was a one week stay).
The next day, i went down there and personally made the reservation at the front desk. They even asked me on what floor and what type of bed. They showed me on the computer they had availability and asked me to check the spelling on the computer as well. I asked them if i had to give them a credit card as guarantee, they told me not to. I asked them if the reservation was all set, they told me yes, not to worry. I asked them if they needed something more, and the reply was that my parents could just march in on the day of the reservation, check in, and all would be fine.
I, of course, very happy, stopped worrying. Only to find out yesterday that not only did they "misplace" the reservation, but that they had no availability.
If i didnt live in Lima and had the hunch to call and check (once again), my parents would have arrived at night and wouldn´t be able to stay at the hotel.
For their irresponsibility is why i rate this hotel as terrible.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Cecci22
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. Check in was great - we arrived very late after a long flight and were tired so it was nice that we were checked in so quickly, efficiently and easily by the helpful staff. They had a computer in the lobby that could be used by guests for free (with the internet) which was helpful and it was always free. The breakfast was nice - scrambled eggs and bread rolls with a variety of juices and cereals. The hotel also arranged a tour of a water and light show and dinner so they are great for arranging tours and activities in Lima as well. The room was fine - spacious, clean, modern with a cable TV, safe and hairdryer and an iron and ironing board on request. The hotel was also in a safe area of Lima - the Miraflores district so we felt at ease and relaxed walking around. Overall I would recommend and would definitely stay again if I ever returned to Lima.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malfie
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I spent three nights at Runcu in February 2012.

Pros:
Clean
Wifi
Staff is so helpful- confirmed tours in Lima on my behalf, set up taxis to from airport
Location: easy walk to coast, tour companies happy to pick up here, and restaurants in walking distance.

Cons
Noise- noisier than I am used to, and Peruvian drivers love their horns! Ear plugs recommended, but I have slept ok without then.
Temperature- a tad warm for me, even with rinky dink a/c. But it is in peak summer, and I am sure this is a non-issue most months.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank MobPro