Review Highlights

Reviewed July 5, 2017
Jerry M
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
via mobile
The Best view of the city!

Reviewed June 19, 2017
Jairo E
Bello, Colombia

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Lima
from US$12.50
More Info
from US$10.50
More Info
All reviews plaza de armas city tour climb photos soles neighborhood
Reviewed January 31, 2018 via mobile

A pleasant ride with the bus tour, it takes you to the peak where a cross stands. Once up there you are surrounded by a view of the vast geography of Lima and the extent of its size and beauty. Definitely a nice activity to undertake during the day

3  Thank andrewkimalim
Reviewed September 7, 2017

We were very close by and our taxi cab driver took us just to pass by in the car.
It is not a place you want to be alone, but accompanied with someone that knows the area well. It is not a tourist place either. It is a place where poor people live.

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

The view of the city is very nice. I took great pictures. You can get up to this spot by catching a bus at plaza de armas for a cost of about $3. I took a city tour and begged our guide to add it in and he accepted and took us up there. The neighborhood going up to this spot is not safe so dont try to walk up to it.

1  Thank Jerry M
Reviewed June 28, 2017

In the Plaza de Armas in the historic centro part of Lima look for individuals holding signs for the double decker bus that climbs the 1300 foot hill( with the cross on top that you see in the near distance looking north). Sit on the top deck for a ride that you wont forget .It's about 1 hour and costs 10 soles ( $3. US ) . Take a jacket as the temp drops 10 or so degrees. At the top you get off to wander around for photos( with luck you will see the Pacific thru the coastal fog ). There are sodas, water, bathrooms available.The bus ride is hairy because of the tight switchback turns( with a 2 foot guardrail -as you sit 12 feet high ), oncoming traffic, impossibly tight clearance between buildings and telephone poles in the village halfway up, and the breath taking view over the side of the bus. Not for the faint of heart, but good fun for all others.

3  Thank Barry R
Reviewed June 19, 2017

If you are in Lima and really want to have a clear idea of ​​the size of city where you are you must do this tour!
This tour is offered in the streets of the historic center, Plaza de Armas de Lima and is truly economical, as they offer you a city tour through the historic center and end the tour up the hill "el mirador" as they call it.
I advise that you do the tour after 4 in the afternoon so that you can appreciate the illuminated city from the top of the hill.
The climb is a bit bumpy, since you will always be watching the empty side of the road up the lookout, but it is no problem, one more ingredient of the experience.

Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

I think that the view is the reason i went there but actually the place is not too safe at all. Be careful

2  Thank cloelinetrip
Reviewed January 23, 2017

We had a half day left in Lima and I had seen this hill from afar. I asked about it and was told it was not safe to go. Yet, we hired a person to drive us there and we are so glad we did. The view is amazing and the drive through the neighborhood with the colorful houses was even better (see photos). A lady did come out of her porch and warned us to not linger on the street (we had been taking photos). We left.
I think the best thing to do is to go very early BEFORE it gets busy. We were the only folks there (with some police)......

5  Thank Patricia W
Reviewed December 18, 2016

Views are great, but NEVER NEVER go down the stairs to take some pictures. A guy high on drugs appear from nowhere, aimed at me with a gun and stole my money and phone after saying tons of times he was going to fill my body with lead. My worst experience ever. So stay on top where the cross is and that's it.

7  Thank Edu B
Reviewed October 21, 2016

If you are in Lima you have to go there, you can see the whole city all the way to the port of el callao and the san Lorenzo island.

2  Thank ChefIvanpetrovich
Reviewed August 28, 2016

We drive up the mountain is another experience. We were amazed to seen people running or jogging to the top. The view of the city was spectacular on a clear day of february

1  Thank Unialpaca