“Best nikkei restaurant in Lima”

Tzuru Restaurante Nikkei
Ranked #18 of 2,951 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Japanese, Peruvian, Fusion
Neighbourhood: San Isidro
Neighbourhood: San Isidro
Reviewed August 9, 2016

This was my third visit to this beautiful restaurant (it was my birthday). The dish "El ceviche, el mar y las brasas" is an experience you have to try, not just because of the display of modern techniques, but because it clearly represents what nikkei cuisine is about. The desserts looked really pretty, like a work of art, and the taste was superb, specially the "Saigo no chokoretto" and "Fuyu no Uta". The service was great, as usual. Having the dishes explained really makes you appreciate and admire the people who created them.

1  Thank Lucio C

Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

Tzuru is destined for great things.... the new menu is simply stunning. It is only a matter of time before this restaurant appear in the World's Top 50 list, like it's peer, Maido (the chef here came from Maido - I think Tzuru is better).

Today a new take on traditional tiradito, prepared with scallops, fresh sardine fillets and smoked aji Amarillo, and a devine confit duck. Wow.... my food soul is cleansed until next visit!

3  Thank Jon T
Reviewed July 1, 2016

The first dish was a trio of nigiris. They were all great, specially the one with pejerrey and aji amarillo; if it hadn't had rice, it would have been the best tiradito that I have eaten. The second dish was also great, and the salmon was spectacular; by far the best salmon I've ever eaten, and one of the best pieces of meat I've ever tasted. The last dish was the best dessert of my life. The chocolate was sooo good, and the beatiful presentation and advanced tecniques applied make this dessert my favourite so far.

3  Thank Lucio C
Reviewed June 1, 2016 via mobile

An Amazing experience in this Wonderful restaurant. We had the Chef-Owner prepare us a Fantastic Meal!
Recomended highly!
We will return next time we visit Lima.

Reviewed March 25, 2016 via mobile

We ordered a roll of Japanese-Peruvian sushi and sashimi. The sushi was amazing, probably one of the best we have ever had. Nice drcor in a quiet area of town. The place is a bit pricey but it is worth the experience!