All reviews paprika restaurant heated pool indian embassy embassy district sauna and steam room real plaza modern hotel peruvian trip closet space great view of the city peruvian style upscale neighborhood perfect hotel upon check highly recommend this hotel late flight room was clean and comfortable
Reviewed March 15, 2016 via mobile

Not very familiar with the chain and did not harbor high hopes. Needed the neighborhood so took a blind flier on the brand, which is usually not a good idea. Was extremely surprised by the property which is brand new, clean, well run with great facilities. The room was excellent, world class standard and the roof top gym/pool is breath taking and indulgent. Lima traffic is challenging wherever you are so running around is time consuming, the hotel is not exactly central and the area is pretty quiet so forget about Miraflores buzz. All in all good experience.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Gustavo A, Gerente at Costa Del Sol Wyndham Lima City, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2016

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Costa del Sol Wyndham Lima.

We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words.

We hope you visit us again!

Gustavo Alfaro - Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 12, 2016

I stayed here twice on a recent trip and each time was a great experience. Very modern, clean, comfortable rooms. Beautiful rooftop pool. The staff went out of their way to make my stay memorable. When I returned 2 weeks later, they remembered my name, asked about my trip and upgraded my room. The location is convenient to a beautiful residential neighborhood yet close to a large shopping mall and plenty of restaurants. This will be the place I stay next time i'm in Lima!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo

Dear Guest:

We would be delighted to have you stay with us again!

Gustavo Alfaro - Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 29, 2016

The hotel grounds are excellent. The Rooftop is AWESOME. I spent hours on it. The view, pool,spa and hot tub are all on the rooftop. The room is small but clean a. The doors are like plywood and the furniture is new but cheap. There is a safe in the room that is easy to use. The breakfast was good and they will make your eggs to your style.
My only complaint is the front desk people weren't the friendliest. Did not make me feel welcome. If the staff was more friendly then i would highly recommend the hotel and give it a 5 for the ratings.

Room Tip: Rooms are small.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Gustavo A, Gerente at Costa Del Sol Wyndham Lima City, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2016

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to comment about our hotel. We take your opinion very seriously and we are putting attention to the details.
Looking foward to serve you again.

Reviewed February 29, 2016

The reason why I gave the rating of very good to this hotel, is because is new and overall looks very nice to the point that give you the feeling of comfortable as soon as you walk in. The lobby, bar and restaurant, are very trendy with modern/hip decor ( the bar area is a little bright / tacky). The breakfast buffet is very good and so is the lunch menu.
The room I got first was very comfortable on the cozy size with all the amenities of modern hotel rooms; the windows are noise prove. The roof top swimming poll, exercise room and lounge/sun bathing areas, very nice with food and drinks service (A plus).In my title I wrote ..... but.
That was due to a uncomfortable situation with security. I try to check early so I had to wait more than an hour for my room although the hotel was only 50% occupied; so after reception gave me my key/card I when to my room and after a while I was ready to take a shower, when suddenly I hear people open the door and ready to get in with their luggages. I was confuse and surprise to the point I didn't say anything while the couple were apologizing and saying " they gave us the key downstairs they did".
I closed the door and called reception, their answer was "it was a mistake of mixing rooms .... and won't happen again". They left me wonder what kind of security they have here. The manager from reception called me to apologize for this bad mistake on their part and offer me to upgrade my room to a suite, so I switch rooms. Nice room with plenty space, small living area separated from bedroom, comfortable king size bed; but bad smell of humidity, I did mention that to a attendant from housekeeping but nothing happened.
The other negative situation was billing, after I checked out I didn't check my bill carefully and I think they charged me the tax (i.g.v. 18%) witch foreigners visitors are except from. I remember that 4 yrs ago I was in the city of Cajamarca and stayed in the Costa del Sol there, it was the same, at that time the manager of reception a woman was very straight forward " if we give you a special discount rate, we will charge you the i.g.v. 18%" At that time I needed it to stayed someplace so didn't argued although is illegal to do that according to peruvian law; but never the less you are in Peru.
Would I recommenced this hotel, yes, special to someone who is traveling for business; nice rooms, quiet, nice desk and comfortable chair for work and the food in the restaurant is very good; just make sure when you are not in the room leave you luggage locked and valuable in the safe and when you are in the room put the double lock. You may need taxi to go every where specially to Miraflores the center for tourists; the only amenity in that area is a new mall 4 blocks away worth visiting.
Would I stayed there again, I'm not sure, perhaps I didn't like they charging me the i.g.v.18% witch is against the law.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to comment about our hotel.
We comply with all the requirements according to law. I´m sure there is a explanation in this case. We hope we can serve again in the future.

Reviewed February 28, 2016

Visited the Paprika restaurant last night and was not disappointed! Service was quick, friendly and Victor (server) made sure our table was attended to all evening and gave yummy suggestions on what to order. Definitely going back!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Customer, thank you very much for taking the time to comment about our restaurant. I will share them with all the team.