“Malabar restaurant Lima, Peru”
Review of Malabar

Malabar
Ranked #213 of 3,091 Restaurants in Lima
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Isidro
Reviewed April 4, 2018

First let me say the service here was excellent. The atmosphere excellent as well. My wife Maria and went last night to dine on Maria's birthday. What a fantastic menu we had. First our appetizer was scallops grilled with coconut milk and mango tanrindo. Then onto the main course Maria had roasted duck with rice with chi cha de jora. My plate was the smoked paiche, with red fruit sauce. The paiche is a fish from the Amazon river, it is a fresh water fish, and can reach up to 200 pounds. It is the largest freshwater fish in the Amazon. Our desserts were cream brulee and Maria special birthday dessert was flourless chocolate made with 3 different chocolates..yummy. The head waiter ,explained everything about our meals, where my fish came. I found they very interesting they went to all of that. The food was 5 star definitely 5 star and we are looking forward to returning soon.

1  Thank toggers55
Lucia C, Gerente at Malabar, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear toggers55, thanks for your review. I will pass this message to our staff. We are glad you enjoyed every part of your experience, and hope to have you again soon. Thanks again for chosing Malabar.

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful restaurant, and excellent service. Pedro Soncco really took care of us: most importantly, he really understood the diverse ingredients, and techniques used. The best bites were the the smoked paiche, and the sea urchin with soft tamale…AMAZING.

Lucia C, Gerente at Malabar, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Dear Joel and Alisa, thanks for the review. I will let Pedro and the kitchen staff of it. We are so glad you enjoyed the experience in Malabar. Hope you come back again. Thanks again for choosing us.

Reviewed January 29, 2018

The food was very nice and many layered tastes.
Most items were excellent, except the duck. My husband and I both didn’t think the duck was special. Would I go back, yes.

Lucia C, Gerente at Malabar, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2018

Dear TourGuideKathy, thanks a lot for your comment. We will take into account everything about it. Thanks a lot for choosing Malabar, and we hope to welcome you again some time.

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

My favorite part was that the server described the dishes, the ingredients and how the spices contributed to the overall taste of each dish. We had more Incan food than Peruvian food. I liked all of it but was disappointed in the Pisco Sours, as they had pineapple juice and ice. It was good, but to me it wasn’t the real thing!

Lucia C, Gerente at Malabar, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2018

Dear Annarc, thanks for the review. We will let our staff know about every part of your comment. About the pisco sour, we serve pisco with pineapple juice and ice, but its our "Pisco Punch", not our Pisco Sour; sorry for the mix up. Hope to have you again with us, and thanks a lot for choosing Malabar.

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant looks beautiful. They have a beautiful bar and the restaurant looks great as well.
We started with a glass of sparkly wine and before we knew it our starters were on the table.
As fast as they came, they were gone.
The dishes were good. But the waiters didn’t gave any information about them. A pity because of all those exotic ingredients. To bad the dishes came this fast because we would have liked to pair them with a glass of wine our a Pisco cocktail, but we still did not finish the aperitif.
All with al good food, but there is a lot to win in the service.

fb514231125, Gerente at Malabar, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2018

Dear Rens, thanks for the review. We are going to let the waiters know about your comment, and will do something to improve this part of our service. Im glad you liked our food and drinks, and really hope you can come back again soon!. Thanks for choosing Malabar, Lucia Calmell - Marketing.