Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!

Ways to Experience Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
from US$351.00
from US$115.00
from US$699.00
from US$307.00
18,092 results
All reviews the bus bucket list sun gate inca trail seven wonders amazing place next morning once in a lifetime early in the morning dream come true awe inspiring bug spray sanctuary lodge south america hiram bingham private guide rainy season
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Visiting Machu Picchu (and getting there via trekking the Inca Trail) was high on my bucket list, so I organised a trek there through BackTrack in Brisbane, Australia and Intrepid tours (using Peak in Peru).
I went in wet season as it was off season. Sure enough, there were less people there, but it did rain and there was low cloud, spoiling the view and photographs.
Nevertheless, it was still a "must do" experience, and even with the inclement weather, Machu Picchu did not disappoint.
It is massive!
Our guide was most helpful - probably better than wondering around alone!
I had thought that the llamas were photoshopped into the tourist brochures, but no - they are free to wander around.
Simply brilliant!

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Machu Picchu is a destination to be appreciated for its beauty and the uniqueness of it cultural heritage. The train ride to and from is enjoyable. I would recommend having a guide to fully appreciate the site.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Month of hike:late march.
Bamba experience is the best company ever!!! The guides we had, Francisco and Ricardo, did an amazing job throughout the whole incatrail. They were being informative, kind, funny and helpful at all times, and were always ready to answer any questions about flora and fauna, history and culture with enthusiasm and knowledge. Oh, and they spoke very good english as well.
The food was delicious! Oh my god. Pasta, omelet, pancakes, even vegetarian soy beef was served. Just plain awesome. Waking up to coca tea outside your tent every morning really gets you ready for a new day of hiking.
The hike itself is demanding. I'm a 23y old girl, not an athlete, consider myself in average physical health. Not an experienced hiker. Be prepared for a difficult hike the second day, as well as a lot of stairs going down the other days.

I would recommend this packing list (I chose to have a porter that carries 4kg of personal belongings as well as sleeping bag and matress, in total 7kg;most people choose this option):
To sets of thermals for upper body. One for legs to put on when it gets cold in the evenings.
Hike in work out tights or similar.
Hiking pants that dries fast to put over the tights when its raining (rent them in Cuzco for about 15soles)
One thick sweater - I brought a llama sweater from the markets of Cuzco.
Another thick sweater OR a thick outdoors jacket
I had an extra hoodie to put over my two warm sweaters (I did not bring a thick outdoors jacket).
Two pairs of warm socks
Gloves and a hat
Good hiking boots - not brand new ones. Should be rain proof and good support on your feet.
Another pair of shoes ex. Nike runners to use in the evenings.
Rain jacket AND poncho - poncho available for purchase for about 2-5Soles. The poncho covers your backpack as well.
Hiking poles if you have troubles with your knees (I didnt have any and I was fine)
A pack of coca leaves (really helps you breathe in the thin air)
Blister-band aid and sports tape for your feet
TOILET PAPER!!!
Sunscreen and sunglasses
Snacks such as chocolate and nuts
Water (ofc)

Think that was it. Even though it's hard and demanding, it is soooo worth it! Best outdoors experience in my life so far. You really get to test your limits as well as seeing so many beautiful things. Not only machu picchu itself, but also views along the way. Ruins, mountains, flowers and so on. Make sure to book many months in advance as this trip gets sold out quickly. So; what are you waiting for?

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Yes, I know - this is Machu-Picchu and everyone's supposed to give it 5* review. But for a truth's sake here's couple of minuses:
- there's no free map available. They gave me a map upon request, but the next person got unfriendly "we do not have maps" in response.
- there's 2 soles extra-fee for washroom.

After paying USD80 for the ticket - you get no map and no free washroom.

7  Thank Alexander_random
Reviewed March 30, 2018

This site is exactly as we imagined it would be. Although the history is less mystical than the myths, I have no idea how anyone would find fault with this place. We were worried about the weather, as March is still the "rainy" season, but were pleasantly surprised. The area was less crowded and the overcast skies and intermittent clouds did not diminish the spectacular beauty of the scenery. It did rain but only lightly for about ten minutes. The train ride between Ollantaytambo and Aguas Calliantes is very scenic on its own. March was not a bad time to come; I shudder to think of the crowds during the high season. There were no long waits for anything, there were many opportunities for photos without many people and the weather was comfortable.

3  Thank MMikeem