“Fantastic Place for the Open Minded Traveler”
Review of Full Moon Lodge

Full Moon Lodge
Reviewed 6 November 2016

I loved my time at Full Moon Lodge. I arrived on my birthday with a local friend without a reservation, and they were able to give me a room right away. The owner and his wife are such friendly and caring people. We went on a hike through the mountains where I was given san pedro and had an amazing experience. I later spent the rest of the afternoon playing and hula hooping with their daughters in the yard. I really loved the setup of this place- a big yard, lots of dreamcatchers, a bonfire at night. Then we did a temescal- sweat lodge ceremony that night- it was intense but oh so wonderful! The breakfast was simple but good and I felt so comfortable there I never wanted to leave. Thank you for the amazing time!

Room Tip: The wifi is primarily in the lobby but does extend into some of the closer rooms
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Lindsay C

Reviewed 2 May 2016

After reading and making reservations based on all of the reviews, I was very disappointed with this accommodation. They only seem to have one room with a double bed, so I would not recommend this place for couples. The beds were the worst! It felt like the springs were going to come through the mattress and they were very tired, old, worn matresses. Sleeping out in the hammocks in the yard would likely have been more comfortable. For the price, I would choose something right in town. The Internet connection was slow even when sitting next to the router. We found faster connections in the restaurants around the main square. In the morning,through breakfast, the staff spent more time picking up the cats and carrying them out or passing them through the pass-through to the kitchen .....more than necessary. The place was in need of some TLC, evict the spiders (one ran across me through the night), get new beds and a better Internet connection, make a sign directing guests to the reception desk, and do something about the standing water at the entrance path (it smelled really bad and this is the first thing a guest encounters upon arrival) and the Full Moon Lodge could really be a quaint place to stay.

Room Tip: At this point there is no good room
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2016

The full moon lodge is a very good place to stay in Ollantaytambo, it has a cool environment, simple but with a nice style, it is very clean, both beds and bathrooms, very confortable, the location is good and has very good breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Carlos C
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

This place is a bit outside of city center, but given how tiny Ollantaytambo is, it only takes a 4-5 minute walk to reach city center.

Room was impeccably clean and the staff was fantastic. Unlike the reviewer below, I was provided with both towels and Internet access.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 12 August 2015

We stayed 2 nights at Full moon lodge as a couple in one of their ‘matrimonial’ rooms. While we had reserved the place well in advance, we arrived to find that our reservation was lost (luckily there was still room). We enjoyed the nice décor and pleasant staff. The breakfast with fresh fruit (included with board) was also the best we had during our two week visit to Peru. However, there are still some cons to this place: no towels, no internet, not possible to pay with Visa…

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2015

Easy walk to all the sights Ollantaytambo has to offer. Run by a lovely owner and her family. Quiet garden with hammocks to relax in and a view of the mountains from the bedroom windows. Breakfast was different every day and we could bring our picnic bought at the markets back to eat in the garden. Bonfires at night.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank hellokello
Reviewed 4 June 2015

Based on price and some reviews I didn't expect much, but was plesantly surprised. The place was in a beautiful setting, clean and nicely decorated. The only minor drawback that the shower water was warm, not hot. Pleasant and friendly owners, dogs, and a kitty :) It's within 3-5 minutes walk from the Market and the center, and about 10 minutes to Pinkulluna trailhead. The train station I'd say would probably be a 20-30 min walk, but there are plenty of cheap mototaxis to take you there.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo