1,561 results
All reviewshorse showcasual restaurantindividual casitasperuvian paso horseshot water bottlessacred valleymachu picchuhorseback ridinghumming birdstwo nightsmain restaurantbeautiful flowersbeautiful oasisturn down servicehuge bathroomsitting areastayed longer
Reviewed August 12, 2018

This hotel is exquisite. The rooms are amongst the best I have encountered anywhere in the world, with enormous attention to detail, beautifully appointed and extremely spacious The service was excellent, the food terrific and the Spa and gardens first class. Although Urumbamba is a messy, semi- constructed collection of unattractive buildings maskerading as a town, from the Sol y Luna you can access the spectacular scenery and adventures. This is a extremely well run hotel and for a family of 5 rates as a fantastic experience

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank simon b
SolyLunaRC, Reservations at Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Dear Simon,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are so delighted to know hear that we exceeded your expectations.

Please continue to visit us and help us implement a strategy focused on constant improvement.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

My husband and our two teenagers thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sol y Luna. We stayed in Casita 27 and 28. It was perfect. The sweet touches included an extra space heater to make sure we were warm enough, hot water bottles in the bed at turn down, and delicious sweets nicely displayed with a thank you note in both of our casitas. The grounds are stunning. Both restaurants were wonderful. The breakfast was perfect. We only wish we could have spent more time. We did have a driver and guide each day so we were off to activities all day and excited to come back to such a luxurious location. We loved the hot tub too. It was a little chilly for the pool this time of year, but it certainly was beautiful. We will recommend Sol y Luna to friends. Our only recommendation is to have a larger assortment of free weights in the gym. Our 16 year old wasn’t able to do his workout with the light free weights.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
SolyLunaRC, Reservations at Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review.

We are delighted to know that we were able to be all that you expected us to be.

Reviewed August 5, 2018

My husband and I spent the first two nights of our kid-free Peru trip at Sol y Luna. We arrived after more than 24 hours of traveling and were immediately relaxed and awed by this amazing property. The gardens and landscaping are some of the best I have experienced and the location of the property lends to beautiful mountains in the background in all directions. Despite the cool weather when we visited, we were able to enjoy a book and cocktails by the pool and hot tub both afternoons. There was pool service and the drinks lived up to our picky standards.

We had breakfast at the property both mornings and it was very good (included an expansive buffet, plus a menu to order off of). We also had dinner at Wayra and the food and service were fantastic. Portions were larger than we expected and we left very full. Management appears to be very active at this hotel an I noted that every time we dinned one of the managers was present, visiting tables and asking guests about their stay...you can tell a lot of effort is put into service at this property.

We had a standard room (we were on the waitlist for 10 months for a deluxe room, unfortunately one never opened up)...it was very nice and was as pictured. I believe they are having a cold winter and the room did get very cold at night with the one small heater. They added a second heater for us the second night and that was much more comfortable. They also do turndown service with hot water bottles in bed (something I loved on safari...so it was fun to see again), however our room was missed for turn down the first night. The missed turndown service was probably the one service mishap from our stay and surprised me given we were eating at an on-site restaurant.

The only other negative of this property was the bottled water situation...we were told not to drink the tap water and to drink a lot of water while we acclimated to the altitude and the resort only provides two bottles of water per room, per day. When we wanted more it had to be ordered through room service and was pricey (I believe the charge was $9 for two small water bottles). Generally when we have stayed at high end resorts where they water isn't safe to drink they provide unlimited bottled water or have a place to refill water bottles...again, not a huge deal but I would rather they charge a little more for the room and make water plentiful.

Overall fantastic property and would highly recommend it to anyway staying in the Sacred Valley.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
SolyLunaRC, Reservations at Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Dear Guest,

We are thankful for your time and your willingness to write a review to let us know how we are doing.

Your opinion is valuable to us and helps us shape everything that we do.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

We stayed here 05/07/18, unfortunately for us we only stayed for one night prior to commencing the Inca train. Ideally we should have stayed here after the Inca trail for some sheer relaxation. As we arrived, we had a warm welcome from reception who also informed us that they upgraded our room to the best one they had. This was a fantastic start to our stay. We were taken to our room, and the walk there was beautiful, all of the buildings were so colourful, flowers everywhere and mountains in the distance. It was pure bliss and 5 minutes into checking in I was gutted I was only here for one night. We had a jacuzzi in the garden to our house, and the staff filled it up so it was ready for our return in the evening. Whilst out for dinner, hot water bottles were place under our sheets in the bed. Food was lovely, and well priced.

All in all we could not fault this hotel and would say it is one of the best ones we have stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
SolyLunaRC, Reservations at Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Dear Jade,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review.

It is good to hear that we were all you expected and more.

We look forward to serving you in a future visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2018

Upon arrival at Sol y Luna, my family and I were pleasantly surprised to find this quiet, secluded, beautiful place tucked in where you cannot see it off the main road.
The first person we met is named Malo, a young man who is probably one of the best Concierges we have ever met. Malo told us: "you will see me all around here" while showing us the impressive grounds- and he was not kidding.
We were impressed with the little "Casita" we were staying in, basically your own little bungalow. We had one for my wife and I, and the kids had their own- which they were very happy about. The WIFI service is great, so the kids were happy. No TV at all, and that was a little difficult for me, but I dealt with it.
One big negative for me and my family is the beds are extremely hard- the mattresses are way too firm for us, like sleeping on the floor.
We really enjoyed the grounds, as they are immaculately kept, you can see the staff takes great pride in their work. We visited the horse stables and were able to book a horse riding event, where the four of us each got to ride a horse along some trails for almost two hours- fantastic adventure! Mario, the Guide, and Guido (sp?) the horse trainer and Guide were absolutely terrific. Mario speaks English so he was able to help us quite a bit, and he is a great guy.
We had penciled in an ATV ride, hoping we could squeeze it in our schedule, but due to a holiday, we were told it was not possible...or so we thought. We asked a waiter named Jairo if he knew of any other ATV rental places because my kids had their hearts set on riding them after we mentioned it to them and before our ride was canceled. Jairo asked us to give us some time and he called Malo, who offered to be our guide! Malo was right when he said we would see him everywhere. One minute he is basically running the whole place in a suit, the next, he is taking us out on a great ATV adventure that we did not want to end. This young man has a huge future ahead of him and is, in my opinion, a HUGE asset to Sol y Luna. We got back from our ride, covered in dirt, and retired to our Casitas for showers and a little rest. We went to dinner at the "gourmet" restaurant where we ate dinner and who pops up to greet us? Malo! He was just checking to make sure our dinner was good- it was, and if we needed anything. You don't get better service than that.
The food at Sol y Luna is good, I wouldn't say great- for my picky kids, there were not many options and when we asked for a chicken dish without the sauce that came with it, we got it with the sauce. When we asked for pasta without the sauce, it came with the sauce. I know my kids are picky, but they could have eaten the dishes if they had come out correctly. At breakfast, I ordered scrambled eggs and waited 20 minutes, and they never showed up.
One last disappointment was with another Concierge named Carlos- this man was not helpful and did not seem interested in being helpful. We asked for restaurant recommendations and he had none, we needed to go into town to find something and he had no ideas, yet a taxi driver drove us right to a place where we found what we needed. When we asked him to help us find an alternative after he told us our ATV ride was canceled, he offered no help whatsoever. There is a tremendous dropoff in service when you go from Malo (10 out of 10) to Carlos (3 out of 10).
We did not swim in the beautiful pool because the weather was quite cool and we did not go to the spa, but it was very nice as well. We were so busy during our 3-day stay, that the days went by very quickly. Honestly, this would be a five star review, which Malo earned on his own, but the beds being so hard meant we hardly slept, and that was tough to deal with.
I would highly recommend Sol y Luna, it seemed to me to be the best place around. It is gated, so you don't have strangers walking around and you won't get better service anywhere else as long as Malo works there. If you visit, make sure you go see Mario about a horse ride, Jairo in the "casual" restaurant and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Room Tip: All Casitas are quiet, you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a few moments to let us know how we are doing, it is thanks to feedback like yours that we can tackle issues that may impact our most valuable asset; our customers.

We will address the things you mentioned internally and we hope you give us the opportunity to connect with you again.

Kind Regards,