1,845 results
All reviews outdoor shower beautiful hotel machu picchu main building valle sagrado southern cross golf cart free internet lobby area remote location beautiful grounds dirt road andes mountains rooms are spacious breakfast buffet tour group bottled water
Reviewed July 7, 2012

After staying at the same hotel chain in Cusco this was a great surprise. After driving around some not so upscale places, we came to this hotel nestled away. The rooms were spacious and clean, there was free internet and the view from the rooms were amazing with the surrounding mountains. The grounds were huge and spacious and very well kept.

The food from the hotel was average. They did make us pasta that was not on the menu and the waitstaff could have been more attentive but overall it was good.

The reception desk was friendly and helpful but the bar staff could learn a lesson from them. They would not make change for 20PEN when we wanted water and for the others in our group were charging different amounts, sometimes stating tip was included and other times not. A bit sketchy if you ask me.

With regards to the location, there is nothing around there. We only stayed one night before heading on the Inca trail so that was fine for us as we had an easy night and had to get up early. If you are staying for several days, you may want to look elsewhere for a more centrally located place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank slorin721
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is another hotel one mustn't miss if you are visiting Sacred Valley. I love it resort style of living, its surrounding is so serene , so fresh and beautiful. The rooms are big and gorgeous. And very clean too. But once you step out of the resort, you would see the poverty of the surrounding. I suppose if it is in a busy commercial area, one would never experience such serene and freshness.

Room Tip: All the rooms look good to me, front or back has all the green surrounding.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yensan
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel in the Sacred Valley,the scenery around is fabulous !
Lovely rooms, nice staff, excelent buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2012

If all you care about is how new a place looks and how friendly it seems than check it out. But if you dig in a little deeper you'll realize there are much better options down the road. The road that this Casa Adina will charge twice the going rate to go down as "their rate" which was smugly told to me when I asked why it was so high. You can get back and forth between Olly and the Casa Adina for s/ 15 almost anytime which I smugly told the clerk I just paid every time we came and went. "Their rate" is s/ 35. The hotel staff actually came out and put the coca tea away after I had a cup (my only cup) around 8 p.m. one night while we were in the lobby. It was a done in a way as if to say, "you can't have any of our tea." If you're with a large travel group (majority of the hotel) and end up here you can still get out of paying the 35 with a little planning. I found the staff friendly but the front desk staff almost condesending. The Sacred Valley is a not a place to be cooped up in a compound which doesn't even have the benefit of an all-inclusive. This is not hang by the pool territory. As with all nicer hotels on the Peru circuit prices tent to be quite steep and there is only one food option and a small bar. Every experienced traveler knows you don't eat at your hotel unless you have to or the breakfast is free, which it is here. I'll paste in my review from another Casa Adina as it fit's for them all. "I found the breakfast at all of them to be just ok and it's always a battle to get eggs. Either the cook is not at the egg station or there is a line. People are always needing to get up early while doing the circuit in Peru so the breakfasts open early (5 a.m.) but don't expect the egg guy to open early. He'll be an hour behind most times it seems." As I said earlier most people are coming through in large groups with all side trips pre-arranged. We were here as a couple and had a free day so after breakfast we asked if we could get a driver or driver/guide option for a few hours. After some discussion and phone calls we were offered a couple of different options. One: just a driver for 4 hours which included two stops or for s/ 140 or, two: A driver and guide for the 4 hours. He would speak english of course we were told, for s/ 200. Not being familiar with the couple of locations we were told we were going to we chose the driver and guide option. As soon as the trip started we realized that neither the driver nor guide spoke any real form of english. We drove through Ollyantaytambo and kept going up this dirt road through rural Peru. It was pretty and rustic but all the guide did was one time point at a hillside and say. "Inca terrace." I'm thinking, "yea," I've been seeing these for the last week. After almost an hour we stop the car in the middle of a dirt road outside a very small town. We had been told we were going to stop so we could pick up some water so I ask about it. The guide then walks us into a mud hut store crowded with little kids to purchase a couple bottles of water. This was the best part of the whole trip. We then walk back past the car and continue on another 20 yards into a pole barn full of Peruvian blankets for sale. My girlfriend and I just look at each and I quickly say to our guide that we were not going to pay s/ 200 for him to take us fr%& shopping. I told him we just wanted a ride back to Ollyantaytambo. The trip was planed with the understanding, or we thought, that we were going to a couple places where we could hike and get away from the regular tourist places. I guess we didn't expect it to be a blanket mall an hours drive away. I was not happy! We're not the type to buy much if anything on a trip anyway. When we got back to Olly after 1 1/2 hours I asked our guide how much he wanted and he said the full 200. I laughed got my girlfriend out of the car and told him I'd pay 60 (already a complete rip-off) he said 150, I laughed and gave the driver the 60 and we slinked into town. I put a lot of blame on the hotel as they had to know one of the two spots on our 200 sol guided trip with driver was to nothing more than a blanket shop. Can you tell I'm still pissed? If you are being shuttled with the masses you may like this place or have no choice but if you are an individual who enjoys travel stay away. The clean, pretty and sterile envirionment does nothing when there is nothing to do. By the way they don't have llama they have alpaca :) Go stay in Olly which makes a much, much better base camp for the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tony S
Reviewed June 7, 2012

What a treat....wished we had more time to enjoy this beautiful hotel, which really seemed more like a spa retreat. The rooms were spacious, clean and very comfy with a great sitting area to enjoy the serene surroundings. In the morning there are Alpaca roaming the grounds. The spa was a welcome sight for tired bodies, loved the jacuzzi! Our evening meal was made more enjoyable with the entertainment and sitting by the fire in the lobby just relaxed the body and soul.

Room Tip: I think the location and set up of the rooms is great, a building closer to the lobby/restaurant would be good so you don't have such a far walk.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends