3,065 results
All reviews walk in closet train station the indoor outdoor pool machu picchu the river sacred valley beautiful hotel peru rail aguas calientes breakfast buffet high ceilings tres keros nicest hotel tour company public areas deluxe room rooms are large
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I’m sad I didn’t have the same experience most reviewers seem to have had. The beginning was promising - a nice greeting and beautiful lobby - but quickly went downhill. Let’s talk about the prices. I’ve stayed in some very expensive hotels in very expensive cities, and I was shocked at the prices the hotel charged for everything. A mediocre glass of wine was $16. For the hotel to call a taxi it was double the price of using a local service. There were also little annoyances like the waitstaff in the restaurant not explaining the different courses of the tasting menu so my husband had to ask for a menu to know what he was eating (although the staff was nice and the food was good). It felt sort of amateur.

Now, for the worst part of our “luxury” experience. The first morning we were woken up around 8:15 am by the lovely guest above us pacing the floor, dragging furniture, etc. which made it impossible to sleep (we were jet lagged and tired from the altitude). After about 30 minutes we called the front desk and no one picked up! So we suffered through this, unable to sleep, until 9:30 at which point we recorded a video of the noise and went to the front desk to complain. The woman at the front desk said she would send someone to check it out but seemed unconcerned. Which leads to me to our last morning at the hotel... when the same exact thing happened, only this time we were woken up at 6:15 am!! My husband called the front desk and (after answering this time) said they would look into it. Yet the noise continued until 7:45 am, when I called again and lost my cool. Only after this did my husband hear someone ring the bell in the room above us (casting doubt on their claim they looked into it after we called earlier). The noise never did stop.

At check out, the manager apologized to us for what happened and said the guest above us was “packing” (for three hours apparently) and that they “can’t control what guests do in their rooms.” Which is a great way to deflect blame and not take any responsibility for legitimate issues your guests have with the quality of their stay. When I pointed out this same thing happened the first morning he said “I don’t know about that,” presumably because he didn’t field our complaint. We were clearly unhappy with our experience, but he completely ignored the fact this happened two of our four mornings there and frankly, didn’t seem to care very much. Aside from a few “sorries” we were offered nothing in the way of compensation - not even something negligible. We left with an incredibly bad taste in our mouths.

I will note that my husband is Marriott Gold but this didn’t even earn us decent service, let alone “luxury” service.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Isaac P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado with us.

One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. While it was a pleasure having you here as our guest, your feedback regarding the service our team provided caught my attention. I am very sorry to learn that the quality of service provided by our staff did not quite meet your expectations.

Deeply concerned on your personal appreciation based on your stay in our property. Concerning our prices, they are all among the media in most hotels in Peru and within Sacred Valley and Cusco.

Definitely, our transfer service prices are higher than outside regular transportation services due to our profesionalism, quality of service, warranty and insurance for all our guests; in case any incident or inconvenience happens. Unfortunately, outside companies do not have any of these safety conditions. Furthermore, I wish you had advised us about this issue while you stayed in our property in order to offer you other alternatives that may have fit your expectations.

Concerning the noise issue, as explained to you during morning hours at your Check Out, soon after our operator was contacted, one of our security guards was asked to go and check the area in order to find out where the reported noise was coming from. Be sure that we, in no way tried to ¨ blame and not take any responsibility for legitimate issues your guests have with the quality of their stay¨. As per our on duty guard, he asked the upper floor guests not to make loud noise since it was disturbing you which the guests accepted and apologized. Really concerned if you felt like we did not care about your report. We do care about you and all of our guests who stay in our property and we are always looking to exceed their expectations as you may see in all our reviews. Once again, kindly accept our apologies if as you mentioned ¨Aside from a few “sorries” we were offered nothing in the way of compensation ¨ . That was not our intention at all.

Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our overall experience.

Thank you for your preference and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Urubamba.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

The trip we took to Machu Picchu was SUPER last minute. We are SPG/Marriot loyalists and we didn't even really look before we booked this hotel. Honestly, we thought it was going to be close to Cusco; news flash, it is not. Once landing it Cusco I was surprised to hear it was an hour and a half to get to the hotel.

However, when we pulled up I could not have been happier with hotel and their facilities. My first impression here wasn't a mistake either, I was blown away our entire stay by the hotel, the staff, and the service.

They are obviously prepared for visitors to Machu Picchu, the breakfast opens super early so you can eat before heading out to the train. As a note, while it's an hour and a half from the airport; staying here cuts an hour an a half off your train ride time in the morning. That of course means you get some extra sleep if you plan on being at Machu Picchu early in the morning.

The pool/spa facilities are out of this world and really reasonably priced for a luxury property. We took advantage of the steam room and pool nearly everyday we were there. The grounds are really wonderful as well and there is a path for walking along the Urubamba River which I found lovely in the afternoons.

We did eat at the bar one night as well. The prices are not as high as one might expect for this type of property. If you order a drink, and you should DEFINITELY order a Pisco Sour, you will get corn/nuts/picky plates.

We had a pretty early flight out of Cusco when departing back to Lima and the hotel packed up a bagged lunch for us to eat on the road, continuing to prove that they have amazing service.

I would stay at this property again in a heartbeat, it was a great experience and a highlight of our trip to Machu Picchu!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara L
Isaac P, Guest Relations Manager at Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued guest, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Urubamba.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

Only stopped at the restaurant for lunch on our day trip and we had a really lovely time. It felt super zen, calm and had a very beautiful aesthetic. Food was absolutely delicious and all for us really enjoyed the service.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Reviewed September 11, 2018

So hard to leave! This hotel is spectacular. The room has everything you could wish for and more. The spa is probably the best I've experienced. The setting is second to none! And oh my god, the breakfast bar was so overwhelming with choice - true first world problem. I'd go back to Peru just for this hotel.

Room Tip: Ground level is the best
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed two nights at Tambo Del Inka and were impressed with the level of service, amenities, and relaxing atmosphere on the Urubamba river. Highly recommend for a relaxing stop on a trip to Peru.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Isaac P, Guest Relations Manager at Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018