See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 15, 2017

I was at the hotel for 1 night only for a short business trip. The hotel is like living in the 60's - 70's and this can be fun only under certain circumstances but not when on business trip. Anyhow the facilities were quite poor but the thing that really annoyed me is that, I forgot in my room the charger and a cable for my iPhone so when I realized it was missing i send an email to both the addresses I had in hand to inform them and to ask for a dispatch of the item at my charge. I never ever got a reply back from neither of them...totally unprofessional !!!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Pablo V, Yanina Diaz-Reservations Department. at Howard Johnson Carrasco, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2017

Dear Mr. Geragimidis,
In relation to your complaint, let me tell you that we have indeed enquired Fedex, in order to help you get the items you forgot in the room (a piece of blue and black underwear and an iphone charger). Despite the fact that as a 4 star hotel we do not offer this service, we were willing to make an exception in this case; we made all the procedure and found out that if you already have an account with Fedex, you can pay for the items when you receive them in Greece, for a total cost of USD 88.
On the other hand, if you do not have an account, we cannot make the delivery.
We reply all the messages we receive, I personally sent you an e-mail informing you all of this. It is a real pity that you did not see or receive it (maybe you have it under spam).
We really care about the service we provide, therefore, we would be thankfull if you let us know how your experience was regarding other aspects, such as breakfast, room, staff, etc.
Yours sincerely, Yanina Diaz.

Reviewed January 16, 2017

They had only been open about 2 months when we were there - late 2016 - but it seemed like they had been there a long time. Superb lakeside setting, fantastic amenities, thoughtful and friendly staff. Great restaurant, too, but they were still working on that. They even had a breakfast waiting for us at 4 AM! Relaxing, refreshing, and highly recommended!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Pablo V, Gerente at Howard Johnson Carrasco, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2017

Dear Gravy

Thank you very much for your comments.
We so old you had enjoyed sur Hotel.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This hotel is like time traveling to the 60's. The environment, building, guest services, whites, bathrooms... EVERYTHING is like being in the 60's. Even the TV set is a 12 inch (I asked to buy one as a collectible).
The service and kindness of everyone here is great.
The most amazing thing is that the natural environment is BEAUTIFUL. Lake, trees, birds...
From my point of view, is the perfect opportunity to get an investor and make this place a total revamp.

Room Tip: Get a lake view room on the second floor, and enjoy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I came to this hotel due to a cancelled Copa flight. Others on my flight were sent to another hotel which was a million times better. The location is close to the airport, far from everything else. The view is stunning! That is the only positive attribute. The lobby, the rooms, all of the inside has never been remodeled. It smelled of urine and humidity, the carpets were stained, the furniture is older than I am and I'm in my 30s. I was so disgusted by it, I went to a friend's room at the other hotel to shower and change.

They offered some guy would drive me instead of calling me the cab I requested, claiming it would be less expensive. He proceeded to charge me $500 Uruguayan pesos for a trip that cost me $400 on the way back in a cab. When I told him upon my arrival, he called me a liar and threw the change at me, claiming no one would charge that. I has the receipt.

The locks on the doors aare awful, not sturdy, they stay unlocked, unless the button is pushed. Very old system. Awful hotel!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank VLPSZ9
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I was directed to this hotel because my flight back to Brazil was overbooked. The hotel looks very nice from outside. The lake view from the bedroom is very pleasant. The hotel is close to the airport but quite far from town.
The room is large but needs urgent maintenance. Loose carpets, bathroom that feels old (the shower glass door is kept closed by an adapted metal piece. It is full of silicone glue).
Breakfast is poor at most, perhaps compatible with a 2 star hotel. When I arrived all tables needed to be cleaned and there was no staff there.
In short, I would not choose this hotel for a stay in Montevideo.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business