All reviews sleeping giant nadi airport spa bath beautiful room stayed here for two nights hot water curry call to prayer frogs taxi fiji resort mud basin stopover
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband and I had a lovely stay at Stoney Creek. Their smoothie drink was to die for! Friendly service & staff. We had a beautiful view of the mountains. Would visit again next time we are in Fiji.

Date of stay: February 2013
1  Thank P L
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our stay was many years ago, before I had a tripadvisor account, but our stay was so memorable that I had to return and review it and thank the owners for their wonderful hospitality.

Since our luggage didn't make it (with all of our sunscreen, bathing suits, snorkel gear, etc) we decided there was no point paying double the price to stay on the beach in Nadi, so we booked at Stoney Creek, inland and well away from Nadi, through the airport concierge.

We left Canada in -15 celsius weather and arrived to +36 celsius weather in Fiji. When we arrived at the front desk, the owner saw us coming and opened up two ice cold Fiji water bottles for us as we checked in. At that moment, I think it was the best water I have ever tasted in my life - a nice little touch.

When we were there, the hotel was almost empty so I think we must have got a free upgrade to a beautiful room overlooking the sleeping giant. We decided to hit the pool in our clothes because it was so hot, and while we were there a server came over and brought us two complimentary smoothies made with chunks of fresh fruit. Oh my god was it ever good - probably the freshest pineapple I've ever experienced, and so refreshing. These little unexpected pleasantries are what helped to make our experience so memorable.

We went hiking along the dirt road towards the Sleeping Giant mountain and it was an amazing experience. We saw so many locals walking up the road going about their daily business. Most of them spoke no English but were always quick to offer an exuberant "Bula!" Some of them said "Stoney Creek", proving that we were not hiding the fact that we were tourists. It was such a nice authentic experience, though we burnt to a crisp.

The owners were very helpful in communicating with the airport for us to try to sort out the luggage situation, and even offered us some supplies in the meantime (too late for the sunscreen though!)

We stayed in three places in Fiji, and although the outer islands are the most visually stunning, the personal touch and the authenticity of Stoney Creek made it the stand-out.

Thanks, we hope to return someday!

Date of stay: February 2013
1  Thank XploreNature
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Bula magic in the mountains !!! Wananavu !!! we have stayed here 6 times , 3 of them in just 1 of our trips because Mich invited us to their Christmas Lovo which was superb ! we always stay a few days on arrival & 5-7 before departing , which is a very sad affair . Our first trip was with the son & he was treated like a king . We have never had a problem with Michelle , Gary or any of the staff !!! Nor any bugs ? We love this place because it's a safe,trustworthy,friendly place ! one of our joys is catching the local buses , we have been all around Fiji @ all different times of the year on them & we have never had a cabbie complain or not want to take or pick us up , they need our $$$ & we normally give them a liitle more , we actually had the same driver 3 times in 1 day on our last trip . accom & meals have always been superb , the beer the coldest & cheapest in Fiji . Its all smiles , fun & good memeries from the minute you arrive . ask Mich tif you can read a poem that we wrote 4 The Stoney Creek Crew ? Its all about the people , the place, the hospitality & of course all of Michelles 4 (or 3) legged babies !!! Vinaka Vaka Levu , Sota Tale , again this year , Yaz & Waz from Oz(& Bodhi Cat) of course XX

Room tip: we have stayed in them all but we prefer bure 2
Date of stay: November 2012
1  Thank YazandWazfromOZ
Reviewed July 3, 2013

It seems our experience at Stoney Creek was exceptional, but we were treated very poorly. It began when we arrived. The manager (Michelle) insisted we didn't have a reservation; we had to dig out our confirmation email (from her!) before she believed us - and even then she tried to talk us into a different room from the one we had booked. It seemed to us that they were closed for the season. (The lights were off, there were no other guests, the restaurant was closed, etc., etc.) But rather than confess that and apologize for the mistake (and perhaps offer us a discount or free drink), she blamed the error on her father's death. I certainly have some sympathy for that, but to use it to guilt out your guests and excuse your errors is unprofessional at best.

Note that they accept only cash and insist on payment on check-in. (They were the only place to do this out of about 20 places we stayed in New Caledonia, Vanuatu, and Fiji.)

The private bure itself was fine - basically a Western cabin rather than a bure, but plenty big for two (with a separate living room). It included a jacuzzi that didn't work; they said they'd fix it, but didn't - no apology or discount for that either.

When we checked out, we had one incidental to pay for - $4.50 for a beer. I had a $10 bill, but they had no change. That's pretty bizarre in itself for a cash-only establishment. But, again, instead of simply comping the beer, they insisted I drive a staff member to a shop down the road so that he could get some change! Unbelievable.

We, clearly, will never go back, which is a shame, since the facilities and location are quite nice.

Date of stay: May 2013
8  Thank Andrew K
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was the second time I've stayed at Stoney Creek. I find it such a comfortable setting, the staff are friendly and very accommodating. It's a great spot from which to visit the local mud bath and hot springs and the garden of the sleeping giant. The food is tasty and reasonably priced and our room was sweet and spotless. I also loved the happy family of dogs and cats.

Date of stay: June 2013