Stoney Creek
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa(Denarau Island)(Great Value!)
US$213
Hilton
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$248/night.

Sheraton Fiji Resort(Denarau Island)
US$263
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$294/night.

US$278
Shangri-La.com
US$253
US$193
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$248/night.

US$461
US$367
  • Beachfront
The Warwick Fiji(Korolevu)
US$326
US$167
  • Breakfast included
The Pearl Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$113
  • Breakfast included
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$305
US$149
US$44
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Tropic of Capricorn(Nadi)(Great Value!)
US$38
All reviewssleeping giantspa bathbeautiful roomhot waterstayed here for two nightsmountain retreatcall to prayerfrogstaxinadifijiairportresortbasin
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

Wow, what an adventurous stay! After 2 months we are still remembering every minute of it - and having a good laugh about it. All in all - avoid this place in it's current state!!!

Let's start with the positives:
- views are unbeatable! Lovely views of the mountain range
- lovely people in the village. Visit the church and the schools for some "real Fiji"
- friendly ladies at the bar/restaurant

Now, about the very peculiar things of this place:
- everywhere dogs! The owner threats this place as a dog shelter. About 8-10 former stray dogs and 4 cats run around the place, acting if this place is theirs. Every couch, chair, bed, pool table, etc. is filled with their hairs & stink - even in the rooms and dorm area
- and they are vicious too! Don't misunderstand me - I have nothing against dogs. At least; the well mannered, behaved ones, that are friendly towards strangers. These dogs were not like that, probably traumatized in their youth. They barked, growl & jump at everyone - and not in a friendly way. At night they were very aggressive towards us, when visiting the shared bathroom. My girlfriend was dead scared of them and didn't dare to go out at night after that
- the owner doesn't understand! When telling this to Michelle she was very casual about it. Hilariously she gave the advice to "just call out the names" and then gave 8 names of dogs (as if we would remember)
- it's old and dirty! Everything was old, dusty, rusty, moldy, hairy and smelly. Dog hairs, gekko poo (I hope, or rats) , dog poo (in the grass), dust, ect everywhere. Also, the pool was so dirty we didn't dare to swim in it
- the area is like a junkyard! This place is like a ruin of lost dreams from the 70s. There is rusty junk everywhere. About 5 cars rusted in the car yard with trees growing out of it. Hundreds of broken chairs, tables, machinery, pianos and other junk. And a huge overgrown and rusted mini-golf area that they "are still working on" (mmm than these are some fast growing trees growing out it!)

I would advice the owners to shut down the place and turn it into a dog shelter (which it already is, in a way). Or give the dogs a separate area away from the guests, and give the place a major, major renovation.

For all travelers. Avoid this place in it's current state. There are loads of alternatives for staying in rural Fiji, with far better value for money (and less vicious dogs!)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris_ToscaAmsterdam
Reviewed July 31, 2017

Stoney Creek really opened up my eyes to how the people and location of how Fiji is. I stayed for one night and Michelle (the owner) welcomed me right away. She cooked me a amazing coconut chicken pizza for the night which was massive and amazing. I actually saved some of the pizza for the following day of which Michelle stored and warmed up for me. I had a late flight out of Fiji the next day so Michelle invited me to go to the city with her since she had some errands to do which was so much fun as the country is beautiful and the people are nice! I stayed in a single room which was decent and had everything that I needed. But the views at Stoney Creek were so amazing and stunning. It was nice just to stay and relax on the compound. I could not have asked for a better host! Thank you Michelle.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2017

I stayed here for two nights and booked a budget room. Unfortunately my flight was 4.5 hours delayed and I would not arrive until late at night. When I called to ask if I would be able to check in, Michelle was very understanding and even upgraded me to a better room so that I could have a good rest. I was very disappointed with the airline at this point and Michelle really made my day better.

She waited up for me and quickly got me to my room. The view is amazing, and at night the mountains had this mysterious, foggy look. The room was nice and I enjoyed exploring the area. Definitely recommend the Garden of the Sleeping Giant.

There's a decent food and drink selection available at the hotel and plenty of space to relax.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in stoney creek for one night. We were looking for a change from the beach resort and certainly got what we were looking for .
The resort is in a beautiful setting with a mountainous back drop. We had a luxury room with spa bath which was lovely . The owner Michelle gives you a really warm welcome and from then on you feel right at home. The food was also amazing . There are lots of dogs around who are all friendly and don't forget mosquito stuff.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine J
Reviewed February 7, 2017 via mobile

Unique setting all that work. Such a wonderful job. Close to hot springs . Nice to be out of town. Great stories and My kids still want to come out and help with building. Thanks for such a Lovely few nights back in sept 2015.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family