Bluewater Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$107
US$81
  • Pool
Tropic of Capricorn(Nadi)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$105
US$68
Travelocity
  • Pool
Aquarius On The Beach(Nadi)(Great Value!)
US$59
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue water lodgeperfect hostsclean poolfijian culturelaundry serviceair conditioninghostelislandbackpackersdormguitarjoe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I decided to stay here after my trip to the Yasawa Islands on the reccomendation of a few other travelers I had met. I only stayed one night since my plane was leaving the next day but it was a really nice hostel and was very affordable. The reception was cheerful and helped me bring my bags up to the room.

I was booked into a 3 person dorm which had lockers under each bed and none of the beds were bunks. There was a little balcony I used to make phone calls outside but if you smoked it would be the perfect place to do so. There was also an air conditioner but it didn't seem to work very well, luckily it was not too hot the night I stayed there. The bathrooms and showers were nice and clean and hot water was always available

Since it was raining pretty hard I didn't want to adventure into town and find dinner so I chose to eat at the hostel's restraunt. I was able to sit outside under a rain tarp and remained dry during the course of my meal even though they had to keep adjusting the tarp to release water. The food was fantastic and was a very big portion, quite filling and reasonably priced too. The free breakfast in the morning also was nice with toast, jam and fresh fruit.

I can reccomend this hostel to anyone arriving at or departing from Nadi, especially if you are seeking a good deal at a quiet, clean and relaxing place.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The Bluewater Lodge was our first destination in Fiji, and it did not disappoint. We were looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful, close to the airport, and also allowing us to get to Denerau early the following morning to get the Yasawa Flyer. The lodge ticked all of the boxes fantastically.

The place was very near, tidy, and clean and is basically a very large house. There is a lovely pool and bar area out back where we spent a lot of the day relaxing after a long haul flight into Fiji. The food at Bluewater is amazing - for sure some of the best that we enjoyed whilst in Fiji, and great value for money too.

Denerau is only a short and cheap cab ride away, and is very handy for somewhere to get lunch and a beer or two.

All in all, could not recommend this place more as a one night stop over on your way to another destination in Fiji.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2012

If you are on a tight budget, but still look for clean places, beautiful, easygoing and an experience that represents the country, this is the place. I had a great experience, surrounded by helpful and friendlt staff. The place is quite/very clean, it´s got aircon, swimming pool, excellent food at an affordable price, free and nice breakfast, and just one minute walk to the beach. If you wanna go shopping to the town, local buses (1.15 dollars) or taxi (8 dollars) take you there, but it is not necessary to look for an accommodation right in town while in Nadi (and when you visit it you will understand why I say that). We organized the rest of the trip around Fiji with Mary (receptionist), who was an awesome Fijian lady (like the other staff). Don´t look further, because we did and didn´t find anywhere else that affordable and of such quality.

Room Tip: Better to pay the extra 5 dollars to get the nice 3-4 single bed dorm upstairs rather than the downstairs dorm with bunk beds (the cheapest). It is much much better.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Stayed for one night after a dive trip to Kadavu. Room was doubled booked but we were there first luckily so got the room. Room ok and decent evening meal. Breakfast very basic but place is cheap. We paid cash for everything. Problems started 3 weeks later when they decided to charge our credit card again for a 'no show'. Hostelworld had passed on our full credit card details.We emailed to say they were making a mistake. No reply. We phoned the reception and she confirmed that she remembered us and we were in the register but they still proceeded to charge our card. Eventually th manager, Fiona , emailed and apologised for the mistake and said they would refund the money but didn't and didn't reply to a further email. The card was cancelled and we had to wait for our bank to chase theirs for several weeks to eventually get the refund which was a pain in the backside. All in all we would never go there again because I do not trust the management to do the right thing.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank stiffstoff
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed at Bluewater Lodge for two nights before and after we visited the Yasawa's in September. As we were just using this as a stopover we did not expect much as we did not pay much. We were really surprised when we arrived at how nice this place is. The rooms were a good size (we had a double downstairs with en-suite), and the food was good and reasonably priced. Bluewater Lodge is in the same location as a couple of other places by a beach, but I would say there are much better beaches than this one. The cluster of hotels is also fairly isolated, although you can get a taxi to the airport or to town easily. If you do go to Nadi I would recommend looking around the Hindu temple - it is beautiful. All in all this was a great little hotel, reasonable priced and I would recommend it for a stop over. Given it's location, I'm not sure I would want to stay there for much longer than that though.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple