“OK for one night!!!”

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
A TripAdvisor Member
UK
Reviewed 30 January 2006

This is an airport hotel and I wouldn't recommend anyone staying more than 1 night.

Our room was tired and urgently required a lick of paint. This may have been just our room but the corridors had the same look and feel about them.

The air conditioning wasn't effective and as a result the room was hot and smelt clammy.

We found a dead cockroach in our bedsheets so had a thorough scan for anymore but found none. My wife woke up in the night to see a cockroach big enough to run off with our suitcase, (her screaming woke me up). That night we had 3 more of his mates visit us,
and no sleep.

The rest of the hotel seemed nice and clean with a small swimming pool.

As we checked in late and left early we didn't eat at the hotel and can't comment.

If you have booked to stay here check your room and put towels under the doors to stop the little buggers getting in.

• Stayed: January 2006
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 24 October 2005

Nadi is a difficult place in the best of times and most hotels are tired. The Tanoa International impressed me on my recent visit. It had friendly service, the rooms were large and clean and the food was excellent. I would defintely stay there again and recommned for others to do so as well. Its only a hop, skip and jump away from the airport, and they have a free shuttle bus!

7  Thank blueice
Reviewed 18 October 2005

The Tanoa International is a good hotel by international standards and great in terms of Nadi hotels. An ex Travel lodge hotel it has good “bones” being spacious, well laid out with excellent grounds. The rooms are generous in size and nearly all the rooms, other than standard grade, have been recently renovated. Large public rooms with giant TVs for the sport enthusiast. A good restaurant, the curries are to be recommended and a nice poolside bar for snack food, light lunches etc. The friendly but not intrusive staff, and helpful in a typical Fijian manner.

Would I go back? Sure! After experiencing 10 other hotels in Nadi the Tanoa International is my pick for value for money, comfort and amenities.

8  Thank Winetourist
Reviewed 15 September 2005

First of all, I will start by saying that when I arrived here, I was to have early check-in as I had paid for the night before. The hotel had given away my room and had put me down as a "no-show" even though my travel agent had flagged me for early check-in. I had to wait in the lobby until a room was cleaned. When I came home and discussed the problem with the agent, the hotel refused to give me a refund for the first night, which I find to be an appalling way to do business. They made twice the amount of money on one room. They claimed a complimentary dinner they gave me for my inconvenience was enough, which amounted to about US$10, not much compared to the actual cost of the room. This being said, let's move on to the quality of the room. Although they claimed to my travel agent that they had "upgraded" me, the desk made no mention of that. In fact, my room had a broken tissue box hanging off the bathroom wall. The room they gave me (don't know if it was standard or superior) was actually a nice size. The fitness center does not have air, so it is very hot in there if you are trying to work out. The pool is not huge, but is clean. There are shops and computers to use for internet (pay of course). Although, I only had a light meal, the restaurant had a buffet and regular menu. The food was good and of course, the staff is always polite. Would I stay here again? Probably not, due to the way they handled my reservation. Should you? If you are looking for a convenient place to stay near the aiport and don't mind that the hotel is a bit worn - maybe. Just hope they have your reservation in the system when you get there.

6  Thank debbiejo
Reviewed 7 August 2005

This place is with out a doubt the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. We stayed for only one night on return from an island resort before leaving the next day for home. You'd think after a week on an island paradise we'd be relaxed and wouldn't care about the Tanoa but it was hard not to care when things were so bad. Firstly they didn't pick us up from the airport as they said they would, our resorts car had to drop us off. Then they gave us the wrong room keys, sending us to somebody elses room on the other side of the hotel. Finally we got to our room which was a serious let down. It was very small, needed doing up (it was still circa 1978) and when activated the airconditioning smelt strongly of dust and mould. The resturant was worse. Crammed in with everybody else one of us had the misfortune of having the heavily gristled hamburger, i had a dry and over priced chicken wrap. We were so desperate to leave we didn't bother with dessert. The wake up call was on time, which was about the only good thing the place did. The swimming pool was small and this motel is far from the coast and well anywhere.

Even though it's just an overnight hotel I would not recommend it to anybody and those people that we have discussed it with have had similar experiences would also agree.

• Stayed: May 2004
9  Thank MrGood
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 May 2005

I stayed at the Tanoa, thanks to Air New Zealand, thwey had overbooked and I was asked to stay back, they provided me with 2 nights and thre days at this hotel.
The rooms were very clean, beds comfortable, the food was good. I am comparing this hotel to others in Fiji, it is of a higher standard, try staying at some of the others and you will understand. They had sky TV, on this trip I had stayed in two other hotels that stated 'SKY TV' and there was none, Tanoa had this, along with aircon that actually did work well. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. I would stay there again, if someone elese was paying, otherwise, it is too expencive for what it is.

• Stayed: January 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 May 2005

Only stayed for a few hours to catch an early flight. They offer a courtesy shuttle to the airport. The room was clean. But in need of a makeover. The food at the restaruant was ok. Nothing to write home about. If you are traveling all the way to Fiji, this is not the hotel to stay at for your entire trip.It is not on or near the beach. This is a one night just flew in or flying out hotel.

• Stayed: April 2005