“Satisfied”

Tanoa International Hotel
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I have no issues with all areas regarding my accommodation. However, I would like to share an experience I encountered while attending the IMF workshop which Tanao International Hotel host for a week. During the course of the week, I had trouble with my lap-top - unable to access my MS Office so I had to enquired about this issue to our workshop presenters who immediately, informed the IT personnel (Mr. Aman Ratnan) to attend this issue. In no time, Mr Aman Ratnan was standing next to me subsequently getting the necessary information on what the issues were. We had a 5 to 7 minute chat and the next thing I knew, he had sorted out my problem in the lap-top.

Thanks again Aman and keeo up the great job

Room Tip: spacious and luxury
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Narendk, General Manager at Tanoa International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Bula Vincent,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, its always a pleasure to receive positive feed back. I have shared your comments with Aman, we are delighted to know how much you appreciated the service provided. Its great to know the efforts made are noticed. Thank you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I have travelled most of the world for business purposes. I have never stayed at a hotel where the pillows are so uncomfortable. They are that bad that my colleagues and I carry our own pillows when we stay here. You have the choice of 4 pillows in your room all hard and fat, it's akin to sleeping with a boulder under your head.

Despite the management feedback you may have read on this website, it is very difficult to get a soft pillow delivered to your room. Firstly, they have very few available and secondly you have at best a 50% chance that anybody could be bothered to go and find one despite their promises.

The hotel is otherwise quite pleasant, has a nice ambiance and the food is good. The staff are very friendly though not particularly efficient - island fever appears to affect a large percentage of staff in most parts of the pacific. Be realistic about where you are; the hotel is under the flight path of one of Nadi's runways so unless you sleep like the dead you are unlikely to have a late sleep in.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Fuddy09
Narendk, General Manager at Tanoa International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Bula Fudd09,
Thank you for your candid feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was not up to par. Please note that this information has been passed on to our concerned departmental Manager. Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back on a return visit to Nadi, Fiji.

Narend

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Great food, kind staff and great location. Near the wharfs for easy access to day tours. Right in the center of the main town,so lots of options for dining outside of hotel as well. Plus there is a tour company inside the lobby that can help you with any last minute bookings. This is considered by the locals as the "hands down" best hotel on the island.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael C
Narendk, General Manager at Tanoa International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Bula ,
Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

If you are looking for a hotel quite away from it all, where there is no hot water in the early morning, where they do not have maps of the surrounding area, where the light is often cut off and where you have to pay for wifi, you will find here the ideal place! The rest of the place/service is absolutely standard with no relation with the high price.
Si están buscando un hotel lejos de todo, donde por la mañana temprano no hay agua caliente, donde no cuentan con mapas de la zona, donde se corta la luz y donde te cobran wifi, pues aquí tendrán el lugar ideal! El resto de las cosas absolutamente estándar sin relación con el precio elevado.

2  Thank Ezefe

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review I have taken your comments and shared them with the team. All guest feedbacks ( negative/positive) are important for us, we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Spent 8 days here and there were some highs and lows! Rooms are a good size and clean. Could do with an update but generally pretty good. Staff in restaurant pretty good but missed out on some extra spending because I couldn't wait any longer for them to come and ask if I wanted deserts or an extra drink. Food was OK. Front desk pretty good but one guy who was on in the evening I don't think he knew the word 'Bula, Vinaka or Sorry'. If I am waiting at reception it probably means I have a query - don't look up from the computer, continue what you are doing and then when you think it is time to serve me, don't then answer the phone when it rings! Coming back to Nadi next week for 12 days and going to try the Ratsun instead, then I can decide which will be my preferred location over the coming year.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Rajesh L, Front Office Manager at Tanoa International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Bula Chchgecko,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that overall your experience was positive. I am disappointed to hear that our F&B and Front office staff didn't meet your expectations. This critical feedback will be used in training our staff. Thank you and look forward to seeing you soon.

Vinaka & Regards
Sheron Kumar

Reviewed 30 July 2017

We had a one night stay here prior to an early flight from Nadi and it was a lovely stay. The pool area is really nice, our room was really spacious and had all the appropriate hotel comforts and the staff were all very friendly. I also loved playing with the hotel cat! We asked for a dinner recommendation from the front desk (Tu's place - don't go there!) and ended up back at the hotel with a lovely woodfired pizza. The bar was busy with the rugby and had a great vibe - just a nice stay.

Room Tip: We had an executive room which has garden access as well
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Rajesh L, Manager at Tanoa International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Bula Grish068,

Thank you for your kind review! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. It's definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this. We will be sure to let our team know that they made an impact during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Vinaka & Regards,

Rajesh Lal.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Stayed in one of their executive suites on a long layover (did not want to spend 1 day waiting at the airport). Free airport shuttle with 3 min drive to and from the airport. Breakfast was included in our package and it was better than any continental breakfast with fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, fresh fruit juice, the works. The onsite restaurant where they serve the breakfast is awesome for other meals. They also have an onsite pizza oven. The site was amazing with a rustic Pacific feel and definitely postcard-worthy. The bed and bathroom was everything a weary traveler needs and more. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Rajesh L, Manager at Tanoa International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Bula puaka1,

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I'm sure our entire hotel team enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. ! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Vinaka & Regards,