All reviewssmugglers covebalcony roomghost shipevening entertainmentfire dancersocean frontisland hoppingfree breakfasttravel desktour deskother islandscouple of nightswailoaloa beachclose to the airportnadi townshort staycoral coast
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with a group of 5 friends for a week , when we turned up they had advised that as our accomodation we booked was full they had upgraded us for the night , this was done however they had no idea what was going to be happening for the remaining 5 nights. The next day we were made to check out of our room at 10 (and leave our bags in the lobby as there was no where else) and were left with no room - very highly unorganised . We finally got a room for 2 of us at 2pm but the other room was not sorted till around 5 and again they did not know what was happening the next day . After awhile of going back and forwards they decided to leave us in the rooms we were given. The food was average , some of the staff were amazing and others were rude. The rooms were average , not very comfortable beds, the continental breakfast was pathetic and overall the whole experience was not great. On the upside you are right next to the beach and the lounging area is great and we had a great massage at the spa. Would not recommend this place to stay unless your after cheap and literally just a bed to sleep.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank SamanthaP3035
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Loved this place. When you do a cost versus location analysis, this hotel can't be beat. We booked it because it was close to the airport for our last nights stay, but what a surprise, when you pay this much for a room we were expecting the worst, but we were truly delighted. The beach is smooth and calm and great for relaxing, walking or horseback riding. The Ghostship Bar and Grill is part of the hotel, and was excellent. We ordered the seafood platter for two which could have fed three! Lobster, Calamari, shrimp, fish, chips, and dipping sauses. It was two story serving platter. The Ghostship is both indoors and out right on a great beach.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2018

It is in essence an all inclusive resort and hotel, we just went there from the ship to spend a day at the beach, laid back, no hurry, sports, water was reasonably clear, we enjoyed ourselves, just hanging out at the beach.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We booked SC for a night as our travel companions were flying out early Sunday morning after our holiday. We enjoyed the time sitting by the pool rather than sitting at the airport waiting for an evening flight.
The good: great location for watching the action on the beach, sunset views. Massage @$50fj was recommended. Food good quality and well priced by comparison with other venues. Free airport pickup. Room was cheap, clean. All you need for a night in transit.
The not so good: room was not ready for ages, as we were checked in but the porter opened the door to find someone else’s gear there. We had to wait in the bar. No towels or pillowcases on checkin. No return airport shuttle, $14 taxi to airport.
All in all I’d stay again, as you get what you pay for!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2018

I stayed at smugglers for two nights with a friend. The only positive thing about my stay here is the free airport pickup. On arrival, the receptionists were rude. In addition to this, she tried to put my friend in a room with a couple despite her booking a female only dorm. The receptionist also tried to deny my friend and I of breakfast despite it being included in our booking. She said that we would have to buy a breakfast voucher for $12. After going back and fourth she finally put my friend into the female only dorm which she had originally booked and didn't charge us extra for breakfast that we had already paid for. The breakfast was very basic with toast, cornflakes and seasonal fruit being the only options, I don't think it is worth paying $12 for this. However, Smugglers did have another menu with more selection for breakfast at an extra cost. I would not recommend buying meals at smugglers as its very overpriced and isn't that special. I would recommend going next door to Tropic of Capricorn as the food is very yummy and significantly cheaper than smugglers for example, chips at Smugglers is $10 and only $3 at Tropic of Capricorn.
Our room was very hot and humid with only two fans working and the air con being out of order. This room was advertised as a 16 bed dorm, however it had 18 beds as there was a bunkbed blocking the fire escape. I doubt they change the sheets regularly and was greeted with strangers hairs in my bed. There are two bathrooms both of them reeked of damp and the ceilings were covered in mould, in addition to this, there were muddy puddles in the centre of bathroom floor.
I did not enjoy my stay at smugglers nor would I go back!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends