“Great Indian”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

Ashiyana was my favourite when I was in Suva a lot some years ago. Have not been here for about 5 years, but it is still just as good. Well priced and delicious traditional Indian food. No pretentions, just good tucker at a really reasonable price. Highly recommended.

3  Thank btriffitt

Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

It's a very modest restaurant. I only had a few dishes (samosas, chicken curry, and kulcha paneer), but everything was sensational.

The curry was just an assault on the taste buds, with nothing overpowering, everything on balance, and with just the right amount of spice too.

The samosas were served with a sauce which really gave them a sensational taste.

No question, if I lived in Suva I would be making this place my regular for Indian.

3  Thank Chris D
Reviewed April 26, 2017

We love this restaurant. For us it provides the best authentic Indian food on offer in Suva, maybe all of Fiji. Their signature dish – Ashiyana Chicken is our favorite by far.

1  Thank Adam J
Reviewed April 24, 2017

As an American from the Midwest, I am an Indian cuisine novice. My wiatress at Ashiyana helped me with the menu and suggested choices that were flavorful and enjoyable. Ashiyana is in an historical building near both the Holiday Inn and the Grand Pacific Hotel and would be a nice place for a local lunch for travelers visiting Suva for a short time.

2  Thank Keith R
Reviewed April 21, 2017

I love this place, tho my last visit was December 2016. When I visit here I feel like I'm back in India, just the food is sooo much safer. Great staff and better value than some of the higher-priced Indian restaurants in Suva. But there are many good Indian restaurants in Suva. I prefer this one tho, some of the squishier tables make me feel like I'm back in Bangalore or Mumbai.