See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

This place is a minute walk away from the heart of Suva City. It is ideal for short or long term business trips. They have a nice restaurant downstairs called Hillcrest which serves great good at average prices. It is open to both in house guests and public

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights from 11th to 13th December. Staff were nice and friendly. Room was clean and adequate. Hot water jug and coffee/tea making provided in the room as well as a bar fridge. There is maintenance work going on which means it will be better soon. I hope I get to go back in a few months to see And experience the renovated place.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

When coming into the hotel, the first thing you don’t want to see are tapes everywhere with the words “caution” or “out of order.”
The rooms are really okay, nothing special about it really. With a microwave in the room, that’s a huge bonus for guests.
I love the set up though for the bathroom, it’s spacious, and of course not very cramped up like previous hotels I’ve been too in the past.
All I can say is they place could be better, if they quickly renovated the entire place fast. As it’s just a major turn off to see caution signs everywhere, hopefully when they do complete renovations I’ll be back again. Until then I’ll just wait it out, and see other options in Suva.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

An absolutely shocking place, most staff are un professional.
We ended up leaving as we came back to our rooms on 2 occasions late at night to find our doors were left open , response by hotel staff on 3/11/17 was pathetic, I was told to write my own letter to management explaining what happened, there are no surveillance cameras or incident report forms to complete, we vacated immediately.
Hotel manager appeared hung over when we confronted him, to date I have not been contacted by management to explain how this could happen, the only good thing was that nothing was stolen & no one was hurt.
Stay away from this place

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Novitesh C, General Manager at Peninsula International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Bula from the Suva Peninsula Hotel,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay, I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectation however as per your booking done with booking.com . You were booked for 4 nights which you did stay with us. Your complain was attended by the Hotel Manager as soon as it was reported and you were given a discount which you agreed upon . All your issues were sorted out before you checked out from our hotel.

Once again we do apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us.

Vinaka

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

I will never eat at this location again. Ordered a Cajun chicken/pumpkin salad with , thought they might have a gourmet slant as it appeared to sound so as described on the menu. Chicken was cold, lettuce was old (approx 90% of the dish was rabbit food like lettuce absolutely disgusting!!!!) Presentation was poor. Fortunately i had ordered the calamari as a starter (even that tasted like flour) .Their wine list is average at best. Wouldn't recommend it as they obviously don't have a capable chef (must have been a kitchen hand producing the meal based on the standard of food ). Disappointing. ..

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo