All reviews staff were really friendly rental car stayed nights reception area suva city cbd
Reviewed December 22, 2017

Firstly the hotel has only one small very old lift and it does not work very well.
The rooms have very low ceiling and concrete beams that are so low that a tall person
could hit his head. There was basically no cleaning done in the rooms. The bed sheets were dirty from when we checked in and never changed. We had to call several times to get towels. It took them nearly an hour and several reminders to bring up the towels.
These were dirty , had lipstick marks , dirt and smelled bad. This appears not to have been washed and probably just dried and reused.

No hand towels or face towels were provided. We complained to the management
but they had no courtesy to even try to do anything to fix the problem and just apologised for the inconvenience. We were booked to stay there for 4 days but left early.
We asked to speak to the hotel manager in the evening and were told that
the manager only worked during the day. This is a very badly managed hotel.

Room tip: Do go to this hotel. Too badly managed.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

This place is a minute walk away from the heart of Suva City. It is ideal for short or long term business trips. They have a nice restaurant downstairs called Hillcrest which serves great good at average prices. It is open to both in house guests and public

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights from 11th to 13th December. Staff were nice and friendly. Room was clean and adequate. Hot water jug and coffee/tea making provided in the room as well as a bar fridge. There is maintenance work going on which means it will be better soon. I hope I get to go back in a few months to see And experience the renovated place.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

When coming into the hotel, the first thing you don’t want to see are tapes everywhere with the words “caution” or “out of order.”
The rooms are really okay, nothing special about it really. With a microwave in the room, that’s a huge bonus for guests.
I love the set up though for the bathroom, it’s spacious, and of course not very cramped up like previous hotels I’ve been too in the past.
All I can say is they place could be better, if they quickly renovated the entire place fast. As it’s just a major turn off to see caution signs everywhere, hopefully when they do complete renovations I’ll be back again. Until then I’ll just wait it out, and see other options in Suva.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

An absolutely shocking place, most staff are un professional.
We ended up leaving as we came back to our rooms on 2 occasions late at night to find our doors were left open , response by hotel staff on 3/11/17 was pathetic, I was told to write my own letter to management explaining what happened, there are no surveillance cameras or incident report forms to complete, we vacated immediately.
Hotel manager appeared hung over when we confronted him, to date I have not been contacted by management to explain how this could happen, the only good thing was that nothing was stolen & no one was hurt.
Stay away from this place

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Novitesh C, General Manager at Peninsula International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Bula from the Suva Peninsula Hotel,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay, I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectation however as per your booking done with booking.com . You were booked for 4 nights which you did stay with us. Your complain was attended by the Hotel Manager as soon as it was reported and you were given a discount which you agreed upon . All your issues were sorted out before you checked out from our hotel.

Once again we do apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us.

Vinaka