All reviews suva city staff were really friendly rental car the hotel offers stayed nights reception area baka cbd dolly
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is conveniently located 1 minute out of the Suva CBD and is affordable. Perfect for accommodation before a night out in the city. The hotel has a roadside bar and restaurant that has become a major attraction in the city, i would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the capital city of Fiji ✌

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Viliame N
Novitesh C, General Manager at Peninsula International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Bula from the Suva Peninsula Hotel

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers.. We do take pride in catering to our guests’ needs the best way we can. Yes,Our Newly opened Baka Lounge bar and our Hillcrest restaurant has become a major attraction since its opening.

Once again we appreciate your comments, and most importantly, we value your business!

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Lift not working, rooms were not ready on arrival even at 4pm. Unprofessional service. Rethink before booking. Parking not allocated. Staffs not trained well. Location is okay. Polite and humble staff would make a stay memorable.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Recently attended a workshop at Peninsula & in organising received a poor/slow response/follow up from staff. We had to follow up multiple times on email & telephone.
Although the main conference room was nice (lighting, scenery, artwork), it was not sound proof & so the construction work outside disrupted a lot of our workshop. It was also inconvenient that the lift was not working which meant our participants had to go up & down the flight of stairs. We were lucky to not have participants who were physically disabled as they would have been unable to make it up the stairs.
Cleanliness of the washrooms on the 2nd floor could be much improved, it was really quite filthy. Unfortunately workshop participants had to go to the 2nd floor to use the washrooms.
The food was average. Staff were slow to replace plates, cups, other dishes/utensils fast enough for participants.
Location was convenient as it is close to the CBD & public trasport but unfortunately some of the negatives out weigh the positives.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Went for snack, and after hearing some some complains about the food. I can say they were not all true, I had a steak sandwich with potato wedges.
Before leaving the nice waitress asked me how Id like my steak, and I asked med rare, but what I got was not close to it.
Though I didn’t get what I really wanted, the food was alright and I enjoyed it.
The potato wedges were heavenly, who knew a simple dish would bring back awesome memories of my childhood growing up.
Just an advice to the manager, please fix the door entrance to the restaurant. As a few customers and I had to struggle to open the door, over all the staff were really friendly and very welcoming too.
I’ll be starting my travels around again in few months time, hopefully when I get back your renovations are done by then.
Thank you for the awesome service to the floor and waiting service, see you in few weeks time.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Novitesh C, General Manager at Peninsula International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and apologies for the inconvenience caused with the restaurant door. we have fixed this problem. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Peninsula!

Best Regards,
Novitesh Chand

Reviewed May 8, 2018

It's slowly getting better with a new restaurant and reception area.
The car parking is a terrifying nightmare.
The internet is absurdly expensive, so make sure you have a phone you can hotspot with.
I would only recommend staying here if you don't want a backpackers, but can't afford luxury.
And take the stairs! The lift is what nightmares are made of.

Room tip: Ask for an upper level room away from construction zone.
Date of stay: April 2018