All reviews pleasant stay front desk staff stay there again bed was comfortable curry front office business trip close to town south pacific government buildings miri harbour taxis
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

fresh. The tv didn't have too many channels but what do you want tv for in Fiji? The hotel employees are very kind and the night was very quiet. The food is amazing, veggie or not. Prices pretty reasonable and a nice free shuttle to the airport that takes 5 minutes. Absolutely recommended. Bula!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Mere R, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Bula Vinaka Hernan C,

Thankyou for your review, you must be referring to one of our Tanoa sister hotel's in Nadi, there airport is 5 mins away. In Suva we are about 40 minutes drive to our Nausori Airport, but we still love your feedback about our Team.

Thankyou again and looking forward to seeing you in Suva

Reviewed May 2, 2018

I really enjoyed staying in this hotel on arrival I was made to feel extremely welcome and very special.
The bedroom that I had was on the seventh floor lovely views over the town, the harbour and the mountains beyond. The room has everything I could ask large bed lovely ensuite large TV, minibar good Internet Wi-Fi great views.
The breakfast every morning is very nice and the chef will make you special personalised omelettes the setting in the restaurant is nice and the bar which is right beside a restaurant is also quite cosy and welcoming

Room Tip: Get a high room 7th floor or above - great views
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Mere R, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2018

Bula Vinaka Gerard O,

Thankyou for your review and we really appreciate your time to tell us about your experience. i will certainly share this feedback with the team and looking forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

Wasn't long at receptions before Acting Duty manager, as he introduced himself - a friendly, enthusiastically charged, young man, proudly handed across the keys ...like we've won it ! ..and bade us well wishes for times ahead !
Up and out the lift system, and in few right steps we found our door. Inside, we figured out half the room was toilet/bathroom/ door.entry.. some cupboard . .. the leftover was then the actual room- room. Though on the tin it said deluxe superior ... - now am not sure which half they were referring to infact !
Never been in cruise ships, so we thought this be a good chance to experience what it would be like in those rigs ! However air conditioning unit made us feel we picked a room next to our Titanic's engine room. Not that it wasn't cooling anything less but the relentless howling - ...as if trying to tell us of its past torturings or something rather very very loudly ... like it lived its life being around before the hotel even. Now please !! Me and my misso looked at each other ... and decided it shall be turned off for sanity's sakes when we be ready to fold into sleep ..some sleep ! And as a fail safe, we shall up our alcohol consumption in a bid to trick our own sense of hearings become less fussy in the event we zoned out without turning it off !!
As the night folded out, so did this sofa bed. This time both us, and our boy all looked at each other at what turned out to be a hammock !
Our boy got fascinated immediately... so we left him alone to his device wear it out and we slipped back to our work in progress dumbing down our senstive hearing systems.
Buffet breakfast was ok ... not something that would make you fat /fatter ...or load you up with regrets of bloatware when you leave the kitchen once you're done....
The next night, we made some traffic space quite accidentally though whilst shoving all the bags under the hammock !! Excitements, fascinations etc. shouldn't be compromised with a bent back !
The final night we downed few fijibitters down at the bar... leaving the airconditioner (not naming name brand -as there was none) alone in the room do its thing. Ambience wasn't much to start of however whatever there was, started to diminish off very quickly when this one local patron dozed off face buried in the counter - prompting bar staff into vigilante mode...as if we too were part to this hold-up. So we went back to the room. Not that the room had any better ambience either but at least it had an unrestricted view ...of other Suva things.

All in all it was great. Never complained then... never complaining now - because the acting duty manager had been too friendly and too polite all along anytime and everytime i would get within approachable reach !

Straight up 5 stars for experience... n skills ! Average - if i really have to compare with what the rest are throwing around for the price.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Mere R, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2018

Bula Sahlen S,

Thankyou for your constructive feedback, and we always appreciate that time you have taken to tell us more about our product, totally agree that Joseph our duty manager is great and will pass this message to him. As for our guest rooms, yes we are up for renovation in November and mock up room will be starting in April 30, so for now it is definitely work in progress for us and something you and family can look forward to.
When you, in town with family, please let me know, I am always happy to assist you for your next stay.

Once again Sahlen, thankyou for your review and take care

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

I drove to the hotel at about 11pm on 7 April 2018. Welcome by a gloomy reception area. On desk were a male and a female, i will not take names but the hotel management can check who was on duty on that day/hour. A cook was also standing at reception and gave me the only hospitable smile. Maybe the 2 reception staff didn't think I'm a guest to be hospitable with because I was wearing an exhausted tshirt after an exhausting day.

In all my stays with hotels in Fiji, the male receptionist was the most sarcastic reception desk staff. He was sure to make it known that although the room rate was $300 something it was HE who was giving me a discount to $269, room only. I asked about breakfast and asked whether it is anything like the Tanoa West hotels. He said yes. I replied that then the breakfast isn't good (past experience at those other Tanoa hotels). Well my feedback/comment wasn't appreciated by the male receptionist. I was met with a sarcastic backlash and "mumbling" (the male receptionist saying to the cook in a sarcastic manner "oh Tanoa International is nice I stay there for my overseas trips, well opinions eh"). NOT appreciated!

Then came the IT issue, their EFTPOS wasn't working despite using 2 of my cards. Well nope no apologies but I was told to go get cash at 11.25pm! Not an apology but an excuse I got that some company only uses that EFTPOS machine so the male receptionist was stuck with it. I then emptied my entire wallet to pay falling short of $14 which the male receptionist "graciously" "allowed" me to go out of the hotel premises the next morning to get the $14 and come back and pay.

Interestingly an old couple came, guests of the hotel, with whom the male receptionist struck up a very friendly conversation - yep the male receptionist had received the gift of expensive takeaway food from the guests and in return he offered to give them the hotel family rate for their next stay.

Got to the room. Decent size. Not luxurious at all. Not great ambience. The bathroom tile grout was dirty. The handbasin was old and in need of replacement. The clock was broken and having forgotten my gadgets in had to call reception to ask the time. After that short phone call the female receptionist called me on the telephone and asked me if I was staying alone. I said yes. She then offered me complimentary breakfast and agreed to give me a wakeup call at 8.30am. I agreed.

Next morning, the female receptionist had gone home. I did receive a 8.30am wakeup call but my complimentary breakfast was cancelled! I had thought that after the night hassle the complimentary breakfast was deserved. But the duty manager on 8 April 2018 cancelled the complimentary breakfast and told me it was an internal miscommunication and despite having being promised I will not be getting any breakfast. NOT handled well.

At checkout I was served at reception by Tina who was very nice, hospitable and genuine. Give Tina a promotion! Tina could teach the male receptionist a lot of things including politeness.

Thanks

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank melvin c

Bula Melvin C,

Thankyou for your feedback, and Tima is indeed a great staff to deal with. I will share your views with her. And for the rest of the concerns raised, I will personally, look into and addressed with my team.
If you are travelling to Suva, please don't hesitate to let me know, Would be great to catch up with you.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a week for business mid February. The room was a bit dated but clean. The real treat was the staff though who topped up my Valentine's flowers (sent from home, Samoa..I know right?) by adding more roses and chocolates bought by the hotel!! They received an email from my beau to make my Valentine's special and boy did they ever! Vinaka vakalevu to the wonderful staff!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Bula Ksamoa685, Thankyou for your review.

What was important to you, was indeed important to us here in Tanoa.

Thankyou again for your feedback and looking forward to see you again.