All reviews feed the fish budget room small lake family bure rope swing close to nature peaceful escape studio queen nature park love nature fish food food provided nature reserve man made lake nearby forest tranquil place two single beds
Reviewed January 9, 2018

Fabulous setting with very good facilities. Very quiet as well. Easy enough access to public transport. Very good food provided through restaurant. Staff are very helpful and plenty of them to help you.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Colo I Suva R, Owner at Colo I Suva Rainforest Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2018

Thank you Chris – we are delighted you enjoyed your stay here – and enjoyed the food in our restaurant which we believe to be excellent thanks to our wonderful Fijian chefs. We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed January 9, 2018

We stayed in a family Bure and it was fantastic. Self contained and staff all to happy to help when needed something.
We stayed for a week, had a day around the pool and kayaked around the lake.
Food is expensive, but worth it. My kids would have a hamburger every meal if allowed. they love them.
Day to the forest for a swim and picnic was great.
Day or 2 in Suva. My teenage boy got an amazing hair do- lightning bolt tracks shaved in the side of his head at a barber for $20au. Found this information from staff.
I love the Eco side of the place and loved talking to the owners about what they do about this and the challenges they face.
The fact their water is drinkable is fantastic.
History of lake is interesting read.
We will be back! Thank you

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review – it was a pleasure to have you stay with us. It is very satisfying for us when guests appreciate what we have here – something a little different to other hotels.
Also it’s great you enjoyed the food – sorry you found it a little expensive – unfortunately government taxes are prohibitive and we cannot sell any cheaper but our wonderful Fijian chefs do produce great meals and we use the freshest of local ingredients.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

The Princes Road may be a common route for us locals, but on it is situated a very uncommon jewel, a small haven for those looking for peace and tranquility. The resort seems to revolve around a magnificent man made lake that is over 30 meters deep (Check out its history). The restaurant, bar and reception area sits right next to the lake and you can even feed the maleya fish and the eels from its balcony.

We are currently occupying a Bure style accommodation and it is absolutely lovely. It might help though if there was a small kitchen sink in the living area. The bure has a queen sized bed and two single beds with an absolutely amazing wooden balcony that looks out over the huge lake. Like every iTaukei village, there is a momma cat and its kittens hanging about the place and my kids love them, feeding them a little of our own supplies. What is a tranquil place, without a few domesticated or semi wild cats.

The sound of birds is very soothing combined with the ferns and palm trees around our bure.

I'd recommend this lovely resort for those who want to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Oh and if you would just like a peaceful meal and a cold drink, come and check our the lake view restaurant.

Room tip: Go for the Bure Accomodation, its like home away from home.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review – we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with is – we believe our resort is special and as you say, so many locals drive past and do not realise what we have to offer! We do hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

For the cheaper bedrooms it’s Not worth the Price at all. 100 Fiji $ is way to expensive for two “beds” No aircon and No toilet. The beds felt mostly like they were alive.. the view is on the other hand very beatifull.. but it’s easy to Come to the nationalpark by taxi, so No need to stay here

Date of stay: January 2018
2  Thank nielsk2018

Thank you for your comments.

We clearly state on all booking sites that budget rooms are exactly what they are called – budget rooms with beds and refrigerators and ceiling fans, with communal bathrooms.

As for your comment about the beds – without knowing exactly what you are referring to, it is difficult for us to respond – But had we been made aware of this at the time of your stay we could have solved any problem you might have had.

We trust you enjoyed the remainder of your travels.

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

The location is very good - you can easily hike to the forest park and being in the garden bure is like being in the forest. Lovely views and you can watch (and hear!) the birds right from the room.

Unfortunately, some folks stumbled in at 4am, and they were louder than the birds, although they did quiet down after a bit (not the property’s fault of course.)

The restaurant is nice; you can feed the fish, and they have a cute little stray cat that wanders in from time to time. The service is on Fiji time, so if you’re in a rush, you will definitely not be happy. (I wasn’t in a hurry, though, so all was fine). If buses come by, you can also smell the scent of diesel fuel from the road in the restaurant.

As a couple of others have stated, the room was mouldy, which does make sense given the climate and location. But if you are at all sensitive to mold or have respiratory issues, I wouldn’t stay here.

I felt the place didn’t feel as welcoming as other places I stayed in on this trip (The staff attitudes felt more like an average stay in the USA); I got the feeling the staff was a little stressed out.

In short, if you’re planning on hiking in the forest park, and don’t want to drive afterwards, and you like sleeping to the sound of crickets and awakening to the sound of birds, it’s worth staying a night to experience the nature.

PS - Hours on the forest park itself officially end at 4pm. That being said, my hike took a while and I had no trouble leaving after 4 — but you probably should plan to enter before then.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Catherine-SF

Thank you for your review, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do believe that guests can feel close to nature here and it’s a good place to relax. I note your comment about the fumes from buses, however, I remember that you always sat on the verandah side of the restaurant and not on the balcony by the lake. As the verandah is by the driveway and entrance I am afraid you might have smelt fumes – happily the lakeside balcony and inside the restaurant are away from the road and driveway.

You have mentioned the mould and that it must be expected given our location ( nature loves our place and much as we do, it is a constant battle which we almost always win, but it is a game of stealth and sometimes the mould creeps up on us) – I must just mention that we choose not use non-Eco friendly chemicals to deal with it but prefer to choose to be Eco friendly solutions and that sometimes has its drawbacks and i'm sorry if that made your stay uncomfortable. However, if you had of mentioned this to us during your stay we would have offered you the chemical/s and a quicker fix to address it.

I am sorry you felt our staff were not welcoming, this is quite to opposite to their manner, but I am certain it had nothing to do with stress, our staff have no reason to be stressed, no-one stress in Fiji and we hope least of all any of our Guests – perhaps we were busy and they were concentrating on their jobs, it is not like them at all - but we will look to find out why?

We hope you enjoyed the remainder of your time in Fiji.