Ahitea Lodge
US$201
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Hotels.com
All reviewsshared balconygreat poolbig poolhomemade jamsdouble roomfelt safebetween flightsarrived latemin walkstayed one nightcruise shippensiontransportsacculdowntownassistant
Reviewed July 16, 2015 via mobile

I traveled with my mom and my 12 year old son.If you're looking for a great pension/hotel in downtown Pape'ete, THIS is your place!
I am a return visitor, and every time, I'm more satisfied.
Vaiana is prompt to respond to emails and extremely professional in regards to arranging a ride for you from the airport. She is friendly, speaks good English, and possesses true, Tahitian hospitality.
Her pension is the same.
Our room was immaculately cleaned with our towels folded into swans, (which is something I love!) and adorned with beautiful flowers.
We opted for a room with an air conditioner and private bathroom; it was well worth the few extra francs.
There is a communal kitchen, which is clean and very well stocked; perhaps the best I've seen on my travels. You can also choose to order meals, cooked there. Admittedly, I have never ordered one, though it smells very good when she cooks. (I ALWAYS eat at Les Roulottes.)
A wonderful breakfast is included in the price.
Coffee, tea, chocolate, milk, juice, and cold water are offered, as well as yogurt, fresh tropical fruits, cheeses, baguettes, biscuits, and delicious homemade tropical fruit preserves.
The pension is located near downtown; it's an easy walk to Les Roulottes (the famous food trucks) and Le Marché de Pape'ete.
I've stayed in several pensions in Pape'ete, and this one is my favorite!
I will definitely stay here every time I stay in Pape'ete.
If you have a rented car, there is good parking for your vehicle.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank natasha f
Reviewed June 24, 2015

It was easy to get to the Ahitea from the airport however we arrived at night and everyone was sleeping and we had to sleep on the couch until morning. Communication was limited for English speakers. There was one woman that spoke English that was around during the day.

This property is a guest house with more of a hostel vibel. Breakfast was provided in the morning and included coffee, bread, cheese, and fruit. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. Some rooms had shared bathrooms but I stayed only in private bed and bath rooms. There is a lovely pool.

The staff was friendly and accommodating with directions.

The location was central and in walking distance to the city center.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Micheline G
Reviewed February 20, 2015 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in ahitea lodge.
Compared to other hotels in (with varied assessments) you get good value for money. The bed in our basic room (4) was hard and a bit small and the fan could hardly change the heat at night. The bathroom is basic but clean. Breakfast was good with lots of fresh fruits and homemade jams. The daughter speaks good english and is very friendly and helpful ( as are the owners, but they speak French). She helped us to rent a car (that you really need to be able to explore the island) for 2 days for a discounted price at Avis. Then there is no need to walk through the neigbourhood at night. The food at the square near the cruise terminal was good value for money as well. With a change of beds and installation of airconditioning the ahitea lodge could be in the top ranks of Tahiti. Now I would rate it 3,5 balls.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2015

Stayed 4 days, reasonable price and comfortable accommodation,
Family run B&B. Staff were helpful: use of fridge and some kitchen facilities to make other meals. Breakfast typical continental, fresh fruit.

Pool well maintained and essential as January is HOT. 15 minute walk to town center, some stores for food nearby. Food is expensive in Tahiti.

Room Tip: some rooms are larger than others, some on the ground floor. We were on the second floor, a small room but quite nice for a few days
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jean B
Reviewed November 1, 2014

I had booked the lodge because I thought it was closer to the ferry than the Sarah Nui hotel but I don't think it is, and Sarah Nui is a lot nicer and the area to walk into town better.
Locals have said it's not unsafe but not very pleasant at night because it's a poorer area.
I went out one night and when I came back the gate was locked. We didn't have a key for that. But I rang the bell and someone opened it for me.
Our room was very nice and spacious. The bathroom was good, too. It had wooden furniture, which I thought was cool. The shower wasn't the newest. So I wore flip flops. But warm water and good pressure.
We had a balcony overlooking the pool but it needs some painting to make it nicer to sit outside.
Wifi didn't work in the room, only downstairs, by the pool and on one of the balconies upstairs.
The pool area is very well maintained, also with nice outside furniture. The house itself is quite nice. People take their shoes off which I didn't like that much because the floor was still dusty and my feet got really dirty.
I wasn't sure if we could use the kitchen. The family is always there so you feel a bit like intruding. I did use the microwave once though. Breakfast was simple and the table wasn't cleaned after other guests. So if they left it dirty it remained like that.
They order an airport shuttle for you which is 1300 per person. At night that's cheaper than a taxi, which would have come to around 3000 CPF a taxi at the ferry told us.
I probably wouldn't stay here again because there are nicer places in Papeete for just a little more.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends