All reviewscruise shipferry terminalshort staypost officeoutdoor marketwalking distance to foodpre cruise hotelrestaurants cafeshotel is in a great locationno frillsrooms are basicfood trucklarge balconyfront desk clerktable and two chairsroom locatedstar hotel
Reviewed April 21, 2018

A fairly basic hotel with a good location in central Papeete.
The location and the friendly staff is what makes this hotel a good option.
The breakfast is very limited but plenty of cafe close by if you want a bigger breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank KjellAkeAlmroth
Reviewed April 16, 2018

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel and it was ok for a short stay.
It was old and in a good need of refurbishing but it was clean, the bed was comfortable enough, he bathroom spacious and the staff welcoming.
It has a good location and you can walk everywhere downtown.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the side, not on the main street.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Maryse K
Reviewed April 10, 2018

The Tiare TAhiti is on the main strip so your close to everything. The rooms are ok nothing fancy so don't expect to much. You must buy wifi cards. Price is right for what you get. I was there as a stop over to catch my flight the next morning to LA.

One issue, if your room faces the street your going to hear noise all night long and well into the early morning. So if your a light sleeper ask for room that does not face that way.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room NOT facing the street. The windows provide very little sound shield.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank danlaser90
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I had originally planned a short stay in Moorea prior to a Paul Gauguin cruise. However I decided that the logistics of getting to the Moorea hotel for a short stay were too cumbersome and I wanted a chance to tour a bit of Tahiti. Since the Tiare Tahiti is directly across from the cruise pier I thought that the location would work well.

Many Paul Gauguin cruisers would likely find the austere accommodations undesirable but it was fine for us. The room was small but adequate and we had a huge balcony overlooking the harbor. The bathroom was fine but the shower floor was very slippery--definitely need to use the mat provided. The small TV had no English channels. An optional breakfast is served but we didn't try it.

The market is a short walk away and we spent one morning touring it. Some decent restaurants are also a short walk. Internet is available for $5/hour but a nearby bar, Le Retro, offers 30 minutes free with each drink purchased (note: beer is cheaper than bottled water).

The staff was very friendly and they allowed us to store our luggage from check-out until the 3PM luggage drop at the PG.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KayakBob
Reviewed March 16, 2018

Whenever I think of Tahiti, good hotels come to my mind and this one can not be more distant than that.

I only stayed one night for an overnight stop between my flights but I got very disappointed with the hotel. It is very old and does not have any comfort at all. Breakfast was not good as well.

The only upside is its location, since it is close to several stores and the airport. However, it is very pricey for what you will get.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple