Review Highlights
Third tour and ready for more

I recently completed my third row with Koryo and will Definitely be using them again in future... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Mark S
via mobile
Koryo tours are by far the best

I visited North Korea in September and booked this trip with Koryo. The planning from them for this... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Everton51
Barnsley, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews budget tour korean guides day tour tour leader an amazing experience travel experience half marathon north korea mass games amazing tour answered all our questions mega tour independent tour jam packed pre departure don t hesitate unique insight
Reviewed April 4, 2018

A really well organised tour taking in all aspects of the Persian New Year celebrations and also touring the country taking in the sites of the soviet period and since independence. The visit to the Buzkashi- an incredible horse event with 200/300 riders fighting over a sheep carcass had to be seen to be believed

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 19, 2018

Having travelled to over 130 countries I was looking for somewhere new to go. North Korea was on my radar and I grabbed the opportunity through Koryo Tours participating in the 2018 New Year's Eve Tour. This was the most profound cultural travel experience of my life! There are very few travel destinations that actually change you - North Korea is one of them.

Koryo Tours was fantastic. From the pre-departure preparations, the tour itself, and post travel support, Koryo Tours could not be faulted. I felt safe, welcomed and comfortable the entire time I was in North Korea. I had additional travel requests so I could have a more personal experience while in North Korea and Koryo Tours was able to arrange these for me. Their experience, travel support and network of contacts in North Korea are invaluable.

I had such a wonderful experience I am already making plans to return to North Korea in 2018 and will once again make arrangements through Koryo Tours. Thanks to the team at Koryo Tours, both in Beijing and North Korea, for making what was the trip of a lifetime!

Date of experience: December 2017
2  Thank jameslsteward
Reviewed March 19, 2018

You will hear about not seeing the real Korea but only the version the government want you to see.

However, its too easy to be cynical. We saw the local food, learnt the language and got great insight to everything we saw. We were allowed take pictures and roam in the places we visited.

It's definitely worth it even thought it might seem like one of the more pricier options.

Contact them and go!

Reviewed March 4, 2018

Koryo Tours delivered one of the best travel experiences I have ever had. They were super easy to coordinate with while planning the trip and answered all our questions promptly. North Korea isn't your average tourist destination, and they did an excellent job of curating the best of the DPRK and condensing it into a tour that covered all the highlights without being overly tiring.

One of the best things we did on this trip, was a cooking class that Koryo Tours arranged specially for us. We cooked some incredibly detailed recipes like Pyongyang Cold Noodles, Kimchi and Green Bean Pancakes. I didn't even think it would be possible to take a cooking class in the DPRK, but the company made it happen, and delivered an experience of a lifetime! Our tour leader Greg was a through professional and made sure that we were safe and having a excellent time. Our local guides, Miss Kim Son Mi, and Mr Rei were excellent too and completely devoted to making the tour a success.

Reviewed March 1, 2018

I cannot praise Koryo Tours enough for the unique experience of travelling to the DPRK. If you are looking Koryo Tours up, then I don't need to convince you about DPRK, you are already sold on this destination. But the insight Koryo Tours can provide, the safety, the organisation and support, I think it's hard to match.
From the first contact to enquire, to some Chinese visa hiccups they helped me through, pre tour detailed breafing, to experiencing things that other friends that have been there did not, it was all seamless as well as fun!
Our guide Greg welcomed any questions about our destination, in fact I think we all greatly enjoyed our discussions that went deeper than just "hey, how great is this Korean BBQ"? He is very knowledgeable about a place we were all fascinated to visit.
Overall great professionals from beginning to end. Would definitely recommend and in fact will definitely travel with them again!
Keep up the good work guys!