All reviews floor to ceiling windows valet service shopping mall across the road hotel lacks luxurious hotel amazing views of the city wonderful spa main plaza high tech hotel entire stay rooms are amazing amazing hotel friendly driver breakfast buffet is modern design steam room dont miss
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I did not know what to expect beforehand as I read some mixed reviews about this place, but I decided to listen to hubby's recommendation and I did not regret it. From arrival to departure everything was in perfect order. The hotel is immaculately clean, rooms and halls are avant-garde mainly in black and gray colors, still very appealing, toiletries were of great quality, reception rooms are amazing and the protocol was top notch (we attended an official event there as well), the spa is great and clean (i recommend the salt room). The only thing where they have room for improvement is the breakfast offer as it did not quite match 5* standards (offer was a bit limited) though all that was served was extra fresh and very tasty. But the best thing about this place is the service - every level of service was just amazing and we felt like home and so relaxed and pampered in every way! I was thinking about some of the negative comments and after rereading most of them I realized that it was one particular minor incident that spoiled the whole experience for most of them, and in my humble opinion it is only unfair to allow this amazing hotel to suffer bad remarks due to personal inconveniences and probably miscommunication attitude, as I cannot imagine (having met them myself) that any of the staff would in any way adversely affect guests enjoyment because they are extra professional and friendly. On my part, they have both thumbs up and keep up the good work! We will definitely visit again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PlazaGeneralManager, General Manager at The Plaza Tirana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at The Plaza Tirana Hotel.
The review has been shared with the The Plaza Tirana Team and they are all extremely happy to know that the efforts to make your stay enjoyable were successful.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2018

I didn't want to stay in Tirana because the Communists destroyed everything of historic value and replaced it with bunkers, a Soviet parade square, a nuclear pyramid and more bunkers.

However, I needed two days in the capital for business and booked The Plaza.

Lots of good things to say:
1. Free parking - you don't get that in the USA!
2. Friendly and helpful check-in/out
3. Central location - especially for the renovated market district
4. Beautiful and well-designed room which is well up to international standards
5. Great gym (my wife told me)
6. Best beds in Albania and most of Europe
7. First rate bed linens, towels, etc.

Nothing bad to say about the hotel - but I wouldn't eat there because there are so many great places to eat out in the area.

Can't wait to stay again - they even have an "emotional shower" in the spa!!!

Room tip: High up is better - all sides have great views
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
It is much appreciated and rewarding to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your comments regarding our accommodating staff have been shared with The Plaza Tirana Team and they are all extremely happy to know that the efforts to make your stay enjoyable were successful.
Thank you for the feedback as for sharing your experience with following travelers.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2018

Room was very comfortable and it seemed like a new hotel. The spa was the highlight of the stay and I spent at least 2 hours going through the full program. We ate at the hotel restaurant for my husband's birthday and it was good, but some of the dishes were a bit unique for our tastes. I didn't experience any additional charges that some reviews mention.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica T

We really appreciate all your kind comments regarding our hotel.
Thank you also for providing useful details about the local area to other potential visitors.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

Hotelier is a vocation where you usually try to satisfy guest... Booked four nights in this hotel. Asked long before, two days before, and the day of arrival also for a nice view (Skënderbej Square), got a TOPTANI Mall horrible view. Third day I had to ask three times to get my room cleaned up. Rooms are very basic, cold and so dark. Bathroom and toilet in the same room for a 5 star hotel...
Ok, it is maybe the most occidental and modern type of hotel but this building still look like a boomker from inside: no life in there, so formal... maybe it might just be for business travellers. And that is so annoying. Too expensive for what you get.

Breakfast is perfect and breakfast room the only place we feel albanian real hospitality and warmness with very good service even they look under pressure, they really do their best and saved those two points I gave you.

Reception personal hesitate to say hello when they see you, or do not care at all. Please do something to make people stay more friendly!!!!

Në pik të fundit që do ta shkuraj shqip, kam qën shum e habitur që me gjith ato lek që ju lam për të kaluar pushime të tilla me ju, arrin sidoqoftë ato femrat e SPA Oblivion të jen arrogante dhe të na urdhërojn ti sjellim sa më shpejt rrob di shambrin sikur të jemi hajdut. Heres tjeter hajdeni i merrni vet të kaloni pak kohën në vend të jeni të paguara për të bër muhabet dhe sms në zyr!! Arrogante.

Shpresoj se herën tjetër nqofse kthehem tek hoteli juaj, të kem drejt për nje trajtim më të sjellshëm.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank frompariswithlove1
marketing765, General Manager at The Plaza Tirana, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at The Plaza Tirana Hotel.

We have noted your satisfaction, as well as your criticism.

Once again, thank you for your feedback as ultimately this is what allows us to improve.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2018

My advice, if you stay here pay cash that way you can ensure that you won’t be unfairly charged or have your credit card info compromised.
Made my booking thru the hotel website. When I arrived I was told I was getting a different room than what I thought I had signed up for so I asked for clarification. The staff immediately sent out Esit, the assistant manager. I explained I thought I reserved a different room. I told him what I thought I booked and he had someone show “my room” and then I was shown an alternative. When I returned to the front desk he told me he could accommodate me by putting an extra bed in the first room or giving me rooms with an adjoining suite. He told me adding the extra bed to the room would be less expensive than the adjoining rooms. He told me I was paying 190 per night plus 30 for the extra bed for a total of 220 per night. He wrote 220 on a piece of paper and showed it to me. I asked how much for the 2 rooms and he said it would be more. I relented and went with option 1. When I checked out I found out the 220 per night was an upgrade charge! Not the charge for the room. The hotel charged me more than double what I expected!
I spoke to Esit again. He told me he showed me the rooms and wrote it down on a piece of paper. I explained he never told me that was an additional charge, he led me to believe it was the total price for the room he showed me. Then he told me I should have let him know earlier; how could I when I didn’t see this trumped up bill until I checked out? Then he told me I could take it up with his manager during my next visit to Tirana which I found to be a bit cheeky since he knew I had an American passport.
I now feel that showing me the room and writing the number on the piece of paper was part of his scam. I feel bamboozeld and am disgusted by the behavior of the assistant manager at what is supposed to be a 4 star hotel.
Sadly, this was my second bad experience at this hotel. I stayed there when it first opened and was disappointed then as well but decided to give it a second try after colleagues said they had a good experience. Definitely a mistake. Learn from my experience.

• Trip type: Travelled on business