“Good location, excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Theranda Hotel

Theranda Hotel
Ranked #11 of 92 Hotels in Tirana
Bucharest, Romania
“Good location, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

During a 3 week stay the staff convinced me that this is the best hotel in Albania.
I'll always prefer a small, warm, boutique hotel with such excellent staff instead of large hotel chains.

Pros:
* extraordinary staff (customer oriented, with attention to detail, always improving and trying to do something extra to make you feel welcome, positive attitude, english speaking, very clean, polite, etc, etc)
* nicely decorated rooms
* free wifi Internet (it not only exists, but is also stable & fast)
* good buffet breakfast (sufficient choices, all very delicious, especially the bread and pastries )
* good location (close to x-block area)

Cons:
* no full-menu restaurant (to visitors advantage as there are a lot of good restaurants you would've missed, all within a 5-minute walk: mamma rosa, juvenilja, pizzeria era, etc)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ravan M
Theranda, General Manager at Theranda Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay, it makes us so proud of our team to read of your experience at Theranda.

Its great to hear that you feel that the staff were extraordinary and that they made you feel welcome.

I have passed your positive feedback on to the staff and I am grateful for commenting on them.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back at Theranda Hotel in the near future.

Martin Gjonaj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Great hotel for business
It is ideally located in a very popular area in the center of Tirana. The best thing of the hotel is that it is very quiet , a hidden corner in the middle of the trendiest area of Tirana, Bloku. It used to be the residential area of communist leaders and was closed for the public, but now is full of very nice caffes, pubs and restaurants with lively atmosphere. I could work quietly with my laptop at the bar of Hotel Theranda, and resting in my cosy bedroom. And a few steps away I would loose myself in a crowd of young handsome people, and very good cocktails and music in different bars of Bloku area.
The most important is that the staff at Theranda was very helpful, friendly and spoke a good English. I really had a good time, for work and leisure

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Theranda, Owner at Theranda Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Guest

First of all our sincere apologies for responding to your comments so late. We are not perfect after all. However your very positive comments about our staff and service are greatly appreciated.
We would like to extend our gratitude on behalf of all the team at Theranda Hotel.
We hope to be able to welcome you at Theranda hotel again in the near future.

Best regards
Theranda Hotel Team
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Good modern hotel at an excellent price. Location is ten minutes easy walk from the centre and in the middle of the trendy Biloku area. Rooms are fine and there is a bar serving breakfast. Staff extremely helpful. Excellent choice if you want somewhere between dorm rooms and Sheraton pricing.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review.

We are all very pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We at Theranda are passionate about our service we provide to our valued guests, to ensure they always enjoy their stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back here again.

Tollesbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Since my first visit to Albania in 2007 I’ve returned most years – the country and its people fascinate me – I’ve made many wonderful friends. My previous Tirana visits have been based at the Sheraton, but this time I thought something different was in order – so Theranda it was!
The booking via email was efficient and prompt, and I was happy to be quoted a keen price.
Fortunately I had an excellent driver who delivered me to the door – I think left to my own devices, I would have got very confused. The hotel is set within a rather uninspiring maze of streets – but hey, this was Albania! The up side is that it’s in the busy Bloku area, and only moments away from the Lana River, which provides an easy lead into all parts of the city.
My room was very spacious and comfortable. My visit coincided with chilly weather, and thankfully the heating system worked perfectly. The bathroom was fine, with just a shower. I thought some of the decoration looked a little tired, and would have benefited from a fresh coat of paint. My room was looked after and cleaned well, in fact – it was perfect!
Breakfast was excellent, with a good range of choices. Service was attentive and efficient. The only negative if you’re an early riser to take breakfast at 7am is that the bread would not be available. This always arrived around 7.10am – yes, I was an early riser. On the second day, I was told that the baker didn’t open ‘till 7.00am – that wasn’t a problem, at least it was fresh.
The guys on the bar were always chatty and helpful. Part way through my stay I had an informal board meeting in the corner of the bar area with three other people – the bar staff could not have been more helpful, they even provided an extension lead to power our laptop!
It was curious that the hotel was split between two buildings. I was in the bar/breakfast part, while the other part had the reception, more rooms and a conference room. Perhaps one day they’ll join the two buildings together.
I would certainly visit again.

Room Tip: As someone else has suggested, I think the best choice might be the building that has the bar
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay.

We are pleased your found the rooms comfortable and clean, our breakfast excellent and the staff helpful and would not hesitate on returning.

Please feel free to contact me directly when planning on heading to Tirana next and I will make sure to look after your booking.

Best Regards,

Riga, Latvia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Generally Hotel is average. Located in the center of Tirana. But on the small dirty street. Common view is good, modern. Staff is good and helpful. Rooms are good. But bedroom (in my superior room) was extremely small. And the main bad thing is terrible beds with bad mattresses. Breakfast is average. Also, please keep in mind, that there are no any heating system in hotel. So, at winter here is very cold in rooms.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Theranda, General Manager at Theranda Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review.

We appreciate your recognition of the central position and modern nature of our hotel. We also deeply value your comments on our staff. But we are really sorry to hear about your experience you had with the bedroom. We have taken appropriate actions in regards to the mattress, in order to ensure to our guest maximum comfort during their stay with us. About your note on the size of the room, our hotel is a newly renovated property out of existing villas, and the rooms for that reason come in a different size from each other. However, I would have very much appreciated if you had brought the issue to our attention since the start, for which I am sure that we would have found a prompt solution for the rest of your stay.

Regarding the heating system, not only we have a central heating system in our hotel which can be remotely accustomed by the guest in the room, but we take proud of having one of the most modern versions, fully implemented and perfectly running in the house. I wonder if you really had to use it while at this time of the year we have been experiencing early summer temperatures in our Mediterranean city.
I would like to assure you, even when travelling in the coldest days of winter, that you will find
the warmest room and warmest staff too, while next visiting Theranda Hotel.
Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be very happy to assist you.

Best Regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

On arrival I was given a warm welcome and shown to my room. It was not what I had requested, but with no fuss, I was taken to one which suited me. The hotel is very modern, even to the electronic door card. My room was spacious and airy, with plenty of storage space, a safe, and a bowl of fresh fruit. On arrival I asked for tea and coffee, which were promptly supplied and maintained during my stay. Towels were changed and the room cleaned daily. The A/C unit supplied plenty of warm air, which was much appreciated as the temperature was around 8 degrees outside.
The only meal provided was continental breakfast, which was very adequate, and this was served in the bar area, which has a light, modern decor. The bar had a reasonable range of drinks, both alcoholic and soft, with coffee always available. All the staff were very friendly, and Jona and Anisa, the receptionists, and Gus, the barman, were fluent in English. They were also extremely helpful with advice and information about the area. The instructions given to locate the hotel on its website are very accurate, although its location in a grubby courtyard, about 20 meters from the street, leaves something to be desired.
The hotel is situated only 5 minutes walk from the Block, where the bulk of Tirana's restaurants, bars and clubs are to be found, so there is no problem about finding a place for lunch or dinner. The hotel is ideally located for visiting the city on foot, as there is no place of interest more than a 15 minute stroll away. In the Block there are also many banks with ATMs and the bank staff also speak good English.
It is fair to say that the hotel added to the enjoyment of my stay in Tirana, and should I return for another visit, It will certainly be my first choice.

Room Tip: The hotel consists of two buildings. Request a room in the same building as the bar. The rooms there...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank James S
Theranda, General Manager at Theranda Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

I am glad to see that we met all your expectations and that you found the hotel excellent.
We have been making several upgrades to our property and it is nice to hear that you liked them.
We have been working in enriching our breakfast buffet and expanded the speed on our high speed internet which is offered free for our guests.
We continue to focus on making our hotel a great place for you to stay.
It is nice to read about the guest rooms and especially about the staff.
I will personally make sure to pass this on to them and they will be delighted to hear that their efforts are recognized.
We are very glad to hear that Theranda Hotel will be your first choice when visiting our lively city, Tirana, and will be delighted to welcome you again here.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Bucks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Our first trip to Albania. ( 2 couples staying 3 nights in executive rooms)
What impressed us most about Theranda hotel was the first class service offered by all of the staff particularly the receptionists. Before our stay there was excellent email communication with recommendations on what to do in a long weekend in Albania. On arrival the hotel had arranged taxi pick up from the airport which was handy because the hotel is tucked away down a side street. Although the immediate surroundings are not inspiring the hotel is well located in the Block region of the city.
The rooms were very clean and extremely comfortable. The showers took a little while to warm up but the breakfasts were good. Good wifi access.The staff helped to ensure our stay in this boutique hotel was a great one. Thank you.

Room Tip: Executive suites Rooms 205 and 305
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SeizethedayBucks
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate the time and the effort to post this review and are of course delighted that you had a memorable weekend with us.
It is also nice to see your comments on the member of staff that helped you when you stayed with us, I have personally passed on your comments to them and thanked them on your behalf.
Our staff pride themselves on their costumer service and are very pleased when it is noticed!
Thank you again for your comments and we will be delighted to welcome you back to Theranda Hotel!