US$92
  • Breakfast included
US$65
US$52
Priceline
Areela Boutique Hotel(Tirana)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$34
Hostelworld.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$38/night.

All reviewsbars clubsbusiness tripgreat locationnightlifedeskbalconynoisereceptioncity
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

We started our trip in Tirana and ended in Tirana, and had friends staying here too so we saw a few different rooms. All of them were great. We especially appreciated the bathrooms that were a good size with great showers - they were the best we experienced on our vacation. The rooms had very high ceilings making them feel quite spacious. The front desk staff was helpful and kind. All rooms were clean, the AC worked great, there was complimentary water, plenty of TV stations, some rooms have outside decks! The location is perfect. We were right where we wanted to be - walking distance to everything. It's worth noting that since the hotel is in such a popular spot, it is loud at night. It's not the hotel itself, but the neighboring bars/clubs - but the hotel provides ear plugs so it was no problem. Breakfast was delicious, and we enjoyed the outdoor patio every morning.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2017

This hotel's strongest point is undoubtedly the location, positioned at the heart of Tirana's bar and entertainment area, surrounded by cafés and restaurants, close to all main attractions, and also only a 5-7 minute walk to Tirana’s beautiful Grand Park (thus fantastic for going for a run). Also worth mentioning is the nice bed with crisp white sheets, a high cleanness level, a modern bathroom, the friendly staff, a small but adequate complementary breakfast (though with zero variation) and a smooth airport pickup service at a fixed rate.

However, I realized that the outstanding rating of this hotel led me to arrive with too high expectations. While the rates of the hotel are not expensive at around 50 Euro/night, considering that the price level of Tirana is about half of other cities in Europe, I found what’s being offered for the equivalent of a 100 Euro/night room elsewhere actually to be lacking a bit, particularly regarding the following points:

- My “economy double room” was really small and didn’t even have a desk, making it pretty inconvenient to get work done. It might be my fault to assume that the hotel would be suitable for more than only a bed to sleep in, but at least when it comes to the room category I chose, it isn’t.
- No free bottles of water are being offered in the rooms, and neither are tea and coffee making facilities. There aren’t even cups in the room, so upon arrival I had to buy a water bottle from the mini bar, just to have something to fill tap water into (which is safe to drink in Tirana). Generally, it really wouldn’t be too hard to offer some free water, a cattle, 2 bags of Nescafe, some tea bags and 2 cups, as many hotels of comparable standard elsewhere do.
- The room didn’t have a safe. There might be a simple explanation to that though: Based on my very subjective impression after 5 days in the city, Tirana appears to be an extremely safe city. Actually one of the safest I have been too. This is just speculation, but maybe a safe at hotels is simply not considered necessary in Tirana because theft is uncommon. From a guest perspective though, it gives peace of mind if one has a way to lock away passport and valuables.
- The rooms are locked with conventional keys, not with key cards. No big deal, but still slightly cumbersome. At least you are not required to leave the key at the reception as it sometimes can be the case in hotels that still use keys.
- While the AC was working well and quietly, there was an AC-related unit outside of my window (possibly connected to other rooms too because it kept going even if I turned the AC off) which was pretty noisy, even when I had the window closed.
- The Wi-fi was ok but not the fastest.
- The toilet lid was loose on one side.

When reading my criticism, I hope it gets apparent that nothing should be considered a deal-breaker (except maybe the tiny size of the room and the lack of a desk if you are looking for a spacious room with a good work area). I think this hotel is still a terrific choice. Nevertheless, at least my experience didn’t fully match with what I would expect at a 4 1/2 rating.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

We had a very nice stay in this hotel, nice staff and good rooms, a little small but everything you need. Great location in blloku! Breakfast is great and the restaurant also serves food all night long, the night we arrived we could still eat at eleven at night! The hotel is located in the middle of Tirana's nightlife and our room was next to a very loud bar, with loud music until 4 in the morning.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

I was there for a weekend for a business trip I had a room with a balcony it was very comfortable and everything was very clean the price was very good for an hotel In the heart of Tirana the staff was always friendly and smiley and they are available to help you!!!also there is a very good pizzeria in the hotel and don't forget to try the "Tartufotto Pizza" and they special spagheti the manager Daniela was very friendly and was the right person for everything!!i really recommend this place and probably im gonna go back!!

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed July 15, 2017

It was the second time I booked a room in this hotel and the service and the staff is always as nice as it was the first time ! The room is very elegant and clean, the breakfast is varied and delicious, the hotel is well situated and the price is really good for the quality and the location ! Keep going ! I loved it =D !

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo