All reviews nice hotel minute walk junior suite nice breakfast tv channels free wifi large room city centre comfortable bed hotel staff visiting sofia eastern europe vitosha boulevard three nights hotel is located metro station mini bar
Reviewed October 1, 2018

Visited Sofia in September 2018 with family

Location: Good location, about a 15 minute walk to Serdika and a 10 minute walk to Mall of Sofia- which we found to be modern with good variety of shops and eateries.

Room: Booked a premium twin room and we were placed on a higher floor (as per our request) - very impressed with the room - it was huge! (I wondered if we had been upgraded? If so - many thanks to the hotel!) - the room felt very suite like - highly spacious, twin beds, plenty of room to move around, a kettle with tea and coffee facilities! (<-- great bonus as majority of European hotels do not seem to provide this) and even had bathrobes and slippers! (any European hotel who provides slippers gets a gold star imo) . The room was quiet as we had specified and had a view onto the courtyard with mountains in the distance.

Restaurant: Breakfast was fine- good choices of hot items such as bacon, sausages and toast. Coffee machine was a bit slow and frequently either malfunctioned or ran out of water or milk! Cereals, cheese, pastries and fruits were also on offer. Got very crowded towards the end so do come early! The hotel does also have a restaurant (Who gives you 10% off discount apparantly if you dine there whilst staying but it doesn't open at weekends so we never got to sample it ).

Staff: Professionals, no issues.

We booked a transfer from the airport to hotel and return but noted on the board on entry that the hotel too offered such services..

All in all, a very pleasant one night stay- would highly recommend.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed September 28, 2018

I stayed (me luck!) one night only. The reception is dark and it doesn't look like an hotel's reception.
The room has old furniture, badly smelling, some wall sockets are dangerously hanging out the wall.
The bathroom is nice as probably recently refreshed.
Just before spleeing, something happpened to my key and the power went down as the system was not reading the key anymore.
Breakfast is really essential, nothing fancy of course.
The customer attidute of the staff at the reception is really poor. I asked for a taxi for 8,30, nobody came, I asked the staff how about and the only answer was "I have called them and I do not know why they did not came". NOthing else.
As results, about 10 guests were all waiting for a taxi, with no organisation nor indication from the staff so the situation was quite caotic.
I am not going to miss this hotel and for sure I won't come back for sure.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I stayed here for 1 night when transferring through Sofia. I booked a Suite (4 of us in total). Overall the hotel gives the impression that it hasn't been refurbished for about 20 years!

Good stuff
- Staff are super friendly
- Location convenient for Metro or it's a 10 min walk to Sveta Nedelya and Bottom of Vitosha
- Room was clean and quiet

OK stuff
- Breakfast was fine although queue for the world's slowest coffee machine and toaster was annoying
- Restaurant for breakfast was dingy and pretty pokey
- Room clean and functional and beds/pillow fine

Not so good
- Feels tired and air con was pretty noisy (it was 30C outside)
- I think they forgot the lighting in the bathroom!

Summary: for 1 night in transit it was find and I got a good price. I'm not sure I'd want to stay there much longer. Think 3* goes with the average rating

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from 3 nights at the Bristol and I was very disappointed. We had a junior suite on the top floor (7) which was enormous but very outdated.
The worst aspect was that the air conditioning, though making lots of noise) did not actually cool the room down so we slept with the windows open which was noisy due to the trams and we were bitten alive by mosquitos. The bathroom was so dark it was impossible to use for make-up, contact lenses etc.
The hot breakfast was one of the worst I have seen.
The only upside was that the reception staff were lovely and the beds were comfortable

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

מלון בוטיק ..אוכל ברמה מעולה..חדרים מרווחים ומפנקים..שירות ברמה עולמית....כל מה שצריך ממלון בעיר ...אין בריכה ונמצא במרחק של 700 מטר מרחוב ויטושה כ 8 דקות הליכה ....מאוד מומלץ ...הכל חדש ומתוחזק בגמה גבוהה...
A boutique hotel .. excellent food .. spacious and luxurious rooms .. world-class service .... all you need from a hotel in the city ... no swimming pool and is 700 meters from Vitosha Street about 8 minutes walk .... very recommended .. . Everything is new and maintained at a high ...

Trip type: Travelled with family