“Good guide, Pavlina knows how to provide an unusual tour”

Easy Bulgaria Travel
Ranked #18 of 76 Tours in Sofia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Easy Bulgaria Travel Ltd is a Bulgarian Tour operator, planning and running private trips tours around Bulgaria. We see the escorted travel in a way different than the normal conception. In our programs we include visits to places and events where only locals participate, usually hidden for the mass tourism. That is why every tour we organize is unique and memorable.
Reviewed October 1, 2015

We wanted to do some unusual things during our trip to Sofia and thanks to Pavlina we had a great experience. Pavlina told us that it was even for her a big challenge to manage all the activities, but she did it!
If you want to do things of the beaten path, I really recommand to contact her.

All reviews
"knowledge"
"company"
"romans"

Reviewed June 13, 2015

I am at the end of a 7 day stay in Sofia, some of it just mooching around, but some days being shown this amazing city by Pavlina and her colleagues. This is an excellent service. Pavlina worked with me to ensure that I would see all that I wished to see in Sofia while being totally cognisant of my disability and need for a slower pace and a need to minimise stairs. Guides were prompt, well informed, had excellent English and paid attention to my particular interests. Pavlina also put me in touch with colleagues in other towns and helped with transport when I changed my mind on some arrangements. She is not only an absolute gem, her colleagues also speak highly of her knowledge and professionalism, but she's also fun to be with, highly knowledgeable and a great story teller. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Sofia and would certainly use these services in the future. Highly recommended. Prices are also very reasonable.

Reviewed June 4, 2015

I toured Sofia and Plovdiv with Pavlina in February 2015, and couldn't have been more pleased. She knows her stuff, both past and present, and will give you a comprehensive view of Bulgaria while touring with her. I don't know how she remembers so much of the 8000+ year history of Plovdiv, but she always kept the tour fascinating. I understand she has set up experiences with dining at local Bulgarian family homes. This is exciting and something I'll definitely do when I go back. One of the best tour experiences I've had to date.

Reviewed December 10, 2014

I have recently returned from Bulgaria and Romania. The tour conducted by Easy Bulgaria Travel Ltd far exceeded expectations. Two guides/drivers (one for Bulgaria and the other for Romania) conducted our private tour. The cost was very reasonable. Included was gorgeous scenery, architecture, towns (including ancient monuments, buildings, castles, churches, monasteries, and the home of Vlad the Impaler - known as Dracula in literature). The people in both countries were very welcoming. In a word, wonderful.

1  Thank bluesbook
See more reviews
Reviewed November 30, 2014

The unique ancient temple -observatory lies in the Breznk village Throat. It is from XIII - XIV century BC and is the most ancient religious stone construction in the country. The temple is situated in the well, which was probably used in ancient times as an observatory.
The well with the observatory was discovered in the early 70s of the last century. It is from the Late Bronze Age and has been compared with culture Nuragh in Sardinia.
Scientists say that the dome of the temple, under which it is entered, was open and the stars in the sky were observed during a full moon. There are also suggestions that during the eclipse celestial bodies could be viewed. It is believed that this is a temple of the Sumerian god Enki - god of underground fresh water. The well is located on top of a village from the Bronze Age. According to archaeologists the inquiry of this site in the future will give many interesting results.
There is speculation that the temple well is a telescope for observing a particular star or constellation of ancient priests - astronomers. The temple was dug into the north slope of the ridge. The visitor goes down a ten meters long staircase, unique as a construction mastery that is about 3 meters below the ground and will reach the floor of the temple.
The tunnel descending from south to north brings the visitor to the heart of the temple - a cylindrical room with a diameter and height of about 4 meters. In an architectural sense this is a true dome - an achievement which is normally considered a doing of the Romans at the end of the old and beginning of new era .
A well with diameter of more than 1 m and a depth of over 4 meters gape sin the centre of the floor.
Such temples are found in Greece, Palestine and the Crimean peninsula, while on the island of Sardinia they are more than 100. The discoverer Dimitrina Mitova - Djonova connects the temple - well in the village Garlo with an ancient building tradition on the island of Sardinia, and the origin of the local specific culture located in the Sumerian civilization in Mesopotamia in the IV-III millennium BC. Today, access to the temple is possible and the place is almost completely clean. The megalithic site is of world importance, but ruined by treasure hunters.

1  Thank Zapadni_Pokrainini