1,266 results
All reviews piano bar executive floor nice hotel indoor pool old town comfortable bed breakfast buffet business trip comfortable stay city centre old style the main square min walk train station renovation wellness conference
Reviewed June 5, 2014

What I expected to be a usual Sheraton property, was not. Its outdated interior is hard to overlook and it takes so much away from the good job the staff is doing. While everything in the room worked just fine, there were holes, large in some cases, in the carpet in the hallway and there were numerous large stains on the walls in my suite. My suite was spacious enough, and the amenities were fine (loofah, slippers, robe, Sheraton shampoos, etc.). I had a small kitchenette with a refrigerator and sink and a dining table, which was nice to have. Two bottles of complimentary water daily and 2 pieces of chocolate each night. The bed slept fine except the pillows are too high and hard. There are no other options. I had to ask for assistance to figure out the TV in the bedroom and to figure out the shower control. If you have any trouble whatsoever getting in and out of a tub, you should not stay at the Sheraton, as the step up into the tub is very difficult even for people who are spry, and the step back out is treacherous. The tub/shower combo has a hinged glass partition, not a door or a curtain. This isn't a problem though. Later in the week, I had a regular room, and while the suite had a bidet and a separate room for the toilet, the regular room had neither.

The breakfast is fine, but it is not the best one in Zagreb. The elevators are quick (bank of three). The lobby always seems packed with large tourist groups. The gym is constantly overcrowded. The location of the hotel is closer to the train station than it is to the main square, but Zagreb is a walkable city and nothing is very far away.

But let me tell you about the staff. When I arrived I wrote down the things I wanted housekeeping to do for me each day (extra soap, extra bath mat, that sort of thing) and I handed my short list to the reception staff. They claim to be 5 stars, so game on. To their credit, my entire list was satisfied for the entire 8 days I was there. Kudos! When things went wrong in the room, someone would promptly come and fix it (a new shower head, new remote control batteries, etc.). They were working very hard to make my stay pleasant. Upon my return, when I stayed in a regular room, during the night I heard someone trying to get into my room. I called downstairs and found out that when I 'checked in' that day, the computer hadn't 'checked me in' and so my room was open and in the middle of the night the key to my room had been given to another guest who was just then checking in. I was scared to death, of course, but primarily because the guard on the door (the metal thing that you fold over the door just above the door handle for extra security) was broken off. If I hadn't used the lock on the door, the new guest would have come straight into my room. It was awful. However, in the morning, the man who took my call at reception during the night approached me, apologized for the nth time, and offered me a good bottle of wine and he picked up the cost of my next taxi ride in the city.

While I was comfortable at the Sheraton, and the staff busts their hump to provide good service, it is not my first choice for an excellent hotel in Zagreb. I don't like all the big tourist groups and the feelings of being just another face in the crowd.

Room tip: Suite 591 has no view at all.
Date of stay: June 2014
1  Thank Christmas2010
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Christmas2010,

Thank you for publishing such a detailed account of your stay. My take-away is absolutely positive, despite the weighted overall score, because my team made the connection with you at the service end, and that is the most important thing. My apologies about the hustle and bustle in the hotel these days. We were full, and the volume of people in-house did not contribute positively to your overall experience. As far as decor goes, I am happy to inform you that we are rolling out a major refurbisment of public areas, food and beverage outlets, meeting salons and guest-rooms. We have the Sheraton service end covered, as you have seen. We are in the midst of doing a major esthetic overhaul, so please do come back; we would love to have you.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I was truly surprised by my experience at this Sheraton. It certaintly does not rank as a 5 star. The reception staff are surly, rude and not helpful. From the expression on their faces they all are very unhappy working there. (I'd look into their superior). In contrast the staff in the restaurant were superb. (probably a great boss). What really boiled me was the fact that the website touts a coffee maker in the room. Yes it is there but not coffee. You are given 2 little Nescafe packets upon arrival and after that you're on your own. Come on Man---- what does a little packet of Nescafe cost $0.10? This is not 5 star treatment!!! I was informed this was company policy. Gee---Howard Johnsons motels , Best Western, Hampton Inn, I could go on forever all replenish coffee packets used daily. I've never stayed in a hotel that didn't replenish. Left a very sour taste in my mouth. Sheraton will never see me again. I only stay again in hotels that give me gracious service with a smile.

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barefootnlovinit

Dear Barefootnlovinit,

Thank you for sharing your impressions - much appreciated. It is unfortunate we did not leave you with an excellent overall impression, although I am happy that my F&B Team did connect with ou. I will look into the concerns you raised about the front office staff. No excuses for rudeness and/or non-helpfulness - that is not the Sheraton way. I have made a note of your in-room coffee commentary. I assure you that we can do better - do come back!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The hotel is situated within walking distance of city center, and at a very short distance from the train station. The rooms are comfortable, the breakfast is fine, and the service very friendly. My only complaint is that the food served at the bar was not very good.

2  Thank AliBarcherini
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear AliBarcherini,

Thank you for caring and taking time out to publish such a candid review. I am glad to see that your stay with us was a pleasant and comfortable experience. My apologies for the poor F&B experience in our bar. It is really unfortunate because my F&B Team is really on the ball otherwise and our gastro offer is generally next to none. I hope we get the chance to reconnect - do come back!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

My partner and I decided to see zagreb as part of our Europe summer trip and booked the hotel only days before our arrival. The Sheraton hotel had a lovely grand foyer, pleasant staff and nice rooms with a very comfortable bed. We enjoyed taking advantage of the pool facilities however encountered issues with the lobby staff booking a taxi for us. We called ahead and pre booked a taxi only to discover that no taxi had been called until we arrived at the lobby. As a result we almost missed our train to Paris. We boarded the train with less than 2 minutes to spare.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank memoriesinthesand

Dear mytravelreview49,

Many thanks for taking the time to publish your review. It is great to see that we delivered on a pleasant stay for you and I am glasd you had the opportunity to discover our fabulous city. I am very sorry about the stress you were subjected to when waiting for your transfer to the train station. I will see with my Front Office Manager what the the issue was with the cab coming so late, but please do accept my apologies for the inconvenience. If you do revisit Zagreb, we would love to reconnect with you, so do come back. No more grief with taxis - I promise.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

A well appointed hotel located close to the centre of the city, not too far (about a 10 minute walk) from the main square. Not very much to see in the immediate vicinity but if all you want is to relax with a couple of beers then there are plenty of pavement cafe'bars close by. The hotel staff at check in were extremelly courteous and helpful. I didn't have any main meals here but the breakfasts were more than adequate. The only, minor, gripes that I have is that there appeared to be too few staff around. This was most evident at breakfast when there were a lot of guests but the tables weren't getting cleared very quickly and in the evening in the bar there seemed to be only one member of staff who quite often disappeared for no apparent reason! Don't know when the previous review was written but I agree about the carpets. Overall a pleasant saty and if I am in Zagreb again I will be more than happy to stay here again.

1  Thank Philip751
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Philip,

I really appreciate the time you set aside to publish your review. Your detailed account of your stay is very insightful, and a great way for us to focus on areas where we can raise the bar. It is reassuring to see that you enjoyed your visit to our great city and that we @ the Sheraton Zagreb managed to make the connection with you. I have noted and shared your comments in respect to the breakfast experience with my F&B team; thank you for that. As far as the carpet goes, I can only reiterate that we are in the process of rolling out a major refurbishment of all public areas, F&B outlets and guest-rooms. Do come back and see our esthetic transformation first-hand. We would love to see you back soon!